General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

What should you be driving?

Old 05-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What should you be driving?

I usually don't pay much attention to these quizzes. I'll do em, and they never ever come close to my favorites. But this one nailed it.
Years ago, somewhere on the forum I posted my Top 3 all time favorite cars, a 1961 Jag, XKE coupe, 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO, and a 1963 Corvette Split window. Well the Quiz said I should be driving the Split window. I never realized I was so transparent.
I guess they must have asked all the right questions.

Withdrawn, because I wouldn't want to be responsible for causing anybody's personal information being "leaked" here on this "private, and secure" Forum.

Last edited by +fireamx; 05-09-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What should you be driving?

1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GT!

Old 05-09-2015, 12:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It says I should own a 1969 Chevy Camaro SS. I LOATHE Camaros!!! These cars were for the "in" crowd. I like unique automobiles. Give me an underdog, like Crossfires.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkske
1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GT!
Me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Received 374 Likes on 324 Posts

My preferences trend towards big vehicles (not according to the shrinks, its a safety thing). Of my three vehicles I currently own, the mood at the time I grab the keys leans me towards the car I drive. I would never look to some obscure 'app' or 'survey' type outsourced 'touchie-feelie' thing disguising itself as a 'survey'. First question I ask of any survey, is who. Then why, I usually discard any intention of going further after that second question. If it asks for demographics or a litany of information, I scoot even faster. Many of these (if not all) are to target you by advertisers pimping their products or services. Even now, this website knows way too much about me and my surfing habits. It is the cost of me being on a free forum website. No matter how protected you think you are from 'information leak', you must remember the ad guys (and gals) are way farther ahead of you than you think. Don't be afraid of 'Big Brother', be afraid of 'Big Business'.

I recently read something about car manufacturers 'copywriting' their software in vehicles. This is a prelude to gathering even more information culled from these data gathering computer systems. They do not want you (or anyone else) probing their gathering of information from you. Beside the ability (recently reported) of people hacking into vehicles electronics, these systems store data of where you went, how long you stayed, how you 'drive', and other information. The expose' about hacking into the vehicles electronics actually had a hacker overload the 'on-star' type system in the vehicle allowing the hacker to control the ABS, including not allowing the operator to apply them correctly or applying them while in traffic. They (the car makers) want to make it a crime to find these openings in their systems because when you reverse engineer, you find these open abilities showing potential dangerous access. Can you imagine trying to fight a court case when an accident resulted due to some punk kid hacking the car and causing an accident? Another example, add-on GPS systems, the 'update' site tracks exactly where you went, what business (found by looking up that address you entered), how long you stayed (imagine it was a cancer treatment location and now they may target you for cancer treatments OR your employer buys the database information and now can deduce your fighting cancer (insurance concerns).

So, be careful of the information you leak about yourself. Seemingly innocent surveys/questionnaires reveal much more than you may think. Your surfing history is already tracked and culled. Your easily identified using their programs (have you ever received pop-ups on your computer with your name on them? I have), they are getting better at hiding the fact they know who you are. For those who would reply to this that I have a complex that everyone is watching me, you are correct because there are far too many who ARE! Check your tires, everyone, you might be driving next to me with too much or too little in them when they let go!

Old 05-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That stock looking British Racing Green Bug Sprite with the four cylinder Volvo engine I found years ago when too young and stupid to fully know what it was and how a century later I would still miss not having paid the $500 to own it.

Great sounding. Fun. Basic. Unassuming. Simple. torque-y. One of a kind. Something unappreciated by the uninformed.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

What I drive depends of how I feel, what the weather is like, and what I need to do. It's nice to have a choice.

ps '65 was the first year for a FI corvette with disk brakes.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following is what it told me, I actually think they got it pretty right. My '86 Turbo Z is my classic and, my Jeep is pretty basic. I've had the Z for 29 years the Jeep for 16 which takes care of being comfortable in the familiar. The Crossfire takes care of the other "timeless" car. As far as being fulfilled, these could be the three vehicles I have when I die. I forgot, I had a motorcycle for a lot of years.

Classic

You need to get back to basics and you feel comfortable in the familiar. Your attitude of if its not broken don't fix it carries over into all aspects of life. You need to get an old Camaro, Mustang, 442, Dusenberg or other "timeless" car and you will be fulfilled. But if you can't fit that in the garage its time for a Harley.