General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Garage-Mahals

Old 08-30-2015, 11:50 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Garage-Mahals

A few weeks back while checking out the magazine rack at one of the few remaining brick and mortar book stores in the area. I came across a magazine called Garage Style

Garage Style Magazine - CURRENT ISSUE

I spent the whole time there looking at some incredible spaces that some car collectors have built to house their collections. I pretty much read the magazine from cover to cover, I had, in a sense transcended to another dimension where everything had a motor and it was surrounded by the glow of multi colored neon lights. It was Beautiful.

This morning I fire up the laptop and there is an article on MSN about the same thing.

Garage Mahals: Over-the-Top Dream Garages

Exactly thirty years ago August 31, 1985 the wife and I took possession of our humble two bedroom, one car garage ranch. That day I told her she could do whatever she wanted with the rest of the house but, the garage was mine. Almost immediately I began hanging auto posters and memorabilia that I had on the walls. Thirty years later it has become kind of a time capsule of my auto life. When I bought the Crossfire I rented a storage unit, I moved most of my car show awards there and there are several posters hanging on those walls. I still have a rather extensive collection of Jeep and Turbo Dodge memorabilia, die-cast models, automotive books and car brochures at the house. It would be nice to have everything under one roof but it is what it is. Those are my two Garage-Mahals. Lets see what everyone else.

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/xjken99/media/0830151421_zps6xlheed0.jpg.html]0830151421_zps6xlheed0.jpg[/URL

0830151424_zpspsb5tiyx.jpg

Last edited by xjken; 08-30-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Garage-Mahals

Great article! I utilize those Race Ramps all the time, best investment I've made, not having height for a two post lift. I have a photo in my album with just one ramp block, and the clearance with the XF is still great. I just purchased the set of (4) 4" stackable blocks.

Thanks for sharing!