General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Guess if you have to have an accident

Old 02-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Guess if you have to have an accident

It is a good idea to be stopped behind a fire truck also stopped with flashing lights when rear-ended.

Of course the information exchanged (name, phone number, Geico policy number) does not seem to match anything and she took off before the police arrived.

OTOH I have a photograph of her, her Ford, and the license plate.

Have been in one other accident this century, also rear ended while legally stopped by a Ford but that was in my Jeep five years ago.

Damage does not seem too bad: taillights seem intact, gaps are right, hatchback operates normally, but will have to see what transpires.

Are rear valence covers available and can they be repaired ? What else do I need to check.

ps helps that the fire truck that responded to check me out was the same one that was responding to a call when I was hit & could verify.

Last edited by Padgett; 02-22-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Guess if you have to have an accident

Looks like bumper cover should do it to me.
With luck, you can get one the right color, as most XF's in the yards were front end collisions.

( there's a grey one here : Johnnie's C.A.R.S. USA-FL(Vero-Beach) Request_Quote 772-562-0778 )

Last edited by ala_xfire; 02-22-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Padgett

It is a good idea to be stopped behind a fire truck also stopped with flashing lights when rear-ended.

Of course the information exchanged (name, phone number, Geico policy number) does not seem to match anything and she took off before the police arrived.

OTOH I have a photograph of her, her Ford, and the license plate.

Have been in one other accident this century, also rear ended while legally stopped by a Ford but that was in my Jeep five years ago.

Damage does not seem too bad: taillights seem intact, gaps are right, hatchback operates normally, but will have to see what transpires.

Are rear valence covers available and can they be repaired ? What else do I need to check.

ps helps that the fire truck that responded to check me out was the same one that was responding to a call when I was hit & could verify.

Tough break, good job you did not get to test your air bag.
Probably on drugs at the time, time you started getting a pain in the neck and get the beetch to pay.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:24 PM

My airbag is still inop from the recall anyway. Now that I've stopped shaking looked closer it appears the valence is torn and the taillight lens has a corner missing.

Felt like quite a shock but from the damage (low on mine/higher on hers) don't think she was going very fast and was braking, just not enough. Roads were wet.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

My airbag is still inop from the recall anyway. Now that I've stopped shaking looked closer it appears the valence is torn and the taillight lens has a corner missing.

Felt like quite a shock but from the damage (low on mine/higher on hers) don't think she was going very fast and was braking, just not enough. Roads were wet.
Go back and see if you can find that chip from the light, if you glue it on you might be able to sell that part. That is if you get a good one in its place from the insurance.. Those corners are always getting knocked off.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry about your accident. There's a lot of sheet metal behind your bumper cover. If you do end up replacing your tail light, I'll buy your broken tail light. Squirrel Crusher

Old 02-23-2017, 07:27 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Guess if you have to have an accident

lawyer up and go after them, its suprising how much assistance you can get from the authorities. Woody

I have burned down several that took off and thought Id forget them............chased them to the court and more than won !!!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2017, 09:54 AM

Got a call from the OP's insurance company (a major). They are accepting full responsibility for the claim. Taking to their collision center for an estimate. Not signing anything.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:02 AM
Received 374 Likes on 324 Posts

Got a call from the OP's insurance company (a major). They are accepting full responsibility for the claim. Taking to their collision center for an estimate. Not signing anything.

When it rains it pours. Did you file a police complaint for her giving FALSE information? Hope this does not complicate your airbag complaint issue...

Old 02-23-2017, 01:42 PM

No, but officer responding was deciding whether to add a "hit and run" charge. Will know more when the report is available.

Meanwhile went to claims center and they say both the rear cover and taillight are available but will need to get cover off to know more. Meanwhile drives just fine and all gaps seem good. Suspect it really was not that hard a hit just seemed like one when it happened.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope everything works out for the best for you.