Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

KeylessGo on the Crossfire

Old 09-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: KeylessGo on the Crossfire

Alright, so here is the big cheese deal guys (and gals if we have any following this thread which I hope we do)

I have been talking chinese this morning and have found a few suppliers that will build a system to my spec. I don't know prices yet as I haven't had a chance for them to sub any parts as of yet but what does everyone think of this design and if it will fly, what would everyone be willing to pay for such a system. With anything you get from china, the larger the run, the lower the cost. That being said, here are the juicy details.

We will put a spec together that involves the following: A replacement keyfob that will work with your existing security system. Chrysler will probably have a canipshit about this but I guess we'll have to see. You'd end up having to send in an existing key for me to get programing from and you will receive new replacement keyfobs plus your original back. The new one will look very similar to this or maybe even exactly like this. I don't want the keyfob to be cheap plastic junk so I'm sure they will end up being spendy little bastards but we aren't going for cheap, we are going for gonna work everytime and not break.

Doing it this way, I can have limitations built into the system and can gain more functionality such as remote start! That's right. Autos, nothing special. Manuals, you will have to make sure the emergency brake is engaged and that it isn't in gear and the only way to do that is to make the system wait for you to get out of the vehicle and close the doors at which point the engine will stop running and then you will be able to do the remote start as long as none of the doors are opened again. This will add cost so if not enough people want it, it's getting tossed. Next, the system will have various input to see different things like the keyless go ****. I'm thinking that in order to make this easy enough for anyone to use it, it needs to be a simple if the vehicle is in park and your foot is on the brake (hold the clutch and the brake on a manual), you press the button for 3 seconds and the car starts, do it again and it turns off. The trick will be making sure the system knows if the car is running. It will need a tach sense so that if you kill the engine in a manual on a hill or something, you can just hold down the button again to start it. Next will be the steering wheel lock. Can't get past it if you want to not ever have to use a key. This will require you to remove or grind down ot break or whatever you do to the locking pin so that it doesn't lock any more. Lastly comes the proximity portion of the system. Some want it push button to unlock and other don't so depending on price, if I can build it in where it's a simple dip switch setting for oen way or the other, I will but if not, it's gonna be walk within 15-20 feet of the vehicle, it unlocks, and locks when you walk 15-20 feet way from your car. Can't do driver door only as the key when used to unlock the doors unlocks them all and that is where this will tie into. The other thing is I guess if I can get the range and everything down right, I will try to make it so you can have the fob in either pocket by mounting the interior sensor under the seat if it will not get interference from the seat heaters and power seet motors on the limiteds and SRT6s. If that won't work, we'll have to make make it so it mounts in the somewhere that will receive it from both sides. I want to get all this to fit into a nice little package that will tuck behind the dash.

As it sits, there is no way this will be under $300 even if we get a ton of people to buy one. first reason is the cost of the shfter. They seem to run about $150 on ebay. Don't know how much they are from MB but I would assume much higher. I will try to find and post more information. If anyone knows where you can get teh shifter cheaper, let me know.

We need to get at least 50 people in on this for sure though as they usually won't touch something unless there are hundreds but something this in depth and expensive they may make an exception.

List of those interested is here. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=27974

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
NoKeyGo-Fob.jpg (2.0 KB, 1144 views)

Last edited by rcompart; 09-16-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

50 PEOPLE! holy crap. well im in depending on how far away from 300 dollars it is.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Voyager
50 PEOPLE! holy crap. well im in depending on how far away from 300 dollars it is.
I second that.. If it's under $450 I can justify its coolness-to-cost ratio.. If it's more than that then I will have to do some thinking. And if its gonna be $600+ then I can live without, no matter how cool it is.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Here is the link to the other thread. Lets keep this one for discussion about it and the other for those interested in it.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=27974

Old 07-23-2015, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there fellow Crossfire owners, I have just purchased a 2004 silver roadster in real good condition. As l only had the one remote key I looked around on the net & found a company called The Crossfire Store USA also known as Hot car accessories. They have Crossfire remotes for $260 AUD. I ordered one
on June 23rd but I have not yet received it. There site looks to be very professional but these days you can't be sure unfortunately. Has any member dealt with or know of the company. I would be most grateful for any feedback you may have. Kind regards. Paul from Perth WA

Old 07-25-2015, 02:47 PM
Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulharb
Hi there fellow Crossfire owners, I have just purchased a 2004 silver roadster in real good condition. As l only had the one remote key I looked around on the net & found a company called The Crossfire Store USA also known as Hot car accessories. They have Crossfire remotes for $260 AUD. I ordered one
on June 23rd but I have not yet received it. There site looks to be very professional but these days you can't be sure unfortunately. Has any member dealt with or know of the company. I would be most grateful for any feedback you may have. Kind regards. Paul from Perth WA
Paulharb
Welcome to the forum, it contains 12+ years of information about the Crossfires.

The link below is the most reliable Crossfire supplier, for many years, and has spare keys available for any Crossfire. Click on the link below and email Rob what the costs would be for a key. I believe it's in the $140 USD range + shipping costs.

You will be required to supply the VIN# for initial programing and this site has the steps needed to program the new key to your car, avoiding the payment to a Chrysler dealer.

As to the Crossfire Store, issues have been experienced by other owners.

Dennis
DTMenace
Performance auto parts & aftermarket auto accessories for your car, specializing SRT4, Crossfire SRT6, SLK32, C32 AMG, VR-4

Old 07-26-2015, 10:54 AM

Thank you kindly for your information Dennis. I contacted The Crossfire Store yesterday to ask them to explain why it is taking so long for my key to arrive and they said they would make enquiries and get straight back to me. Two days later and I'm still waiting for their contact. I have now been waiting over a month and still no key. I will keep the forum updated what happens. If any member has any information if this is a legitimate company I would be really grateful to hear your experiences.
Kind regards to all

Paul

Old 07-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts

Paul,

If you charged that to a credit card, contact the people you have your account with and file a claim that the charge should be refunded to you.

Then contact Needswings.com and order a key. Rob at Needswings will NOT let you down.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:43 AM

Hi there, good news to report. I have received confirmation that my new key is on it's way and will be delivered on Thursday 6th August. They reckon it will arrive programmed so l won't have to go through the programming sequence, I HOPE.
Thanks to all for your support.
Paul