Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

KeylessGo on the Crossfire

Old 09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default KeylessGo on the Crossfire

New project we are working on now. Figured I'd post some pictures and show everyone what we're up to. The plan as it sits right now is to figure out how to integrate a pair of wireless receivers in the car so that when you walk within 15 feet of the vehicle, it will let you press a button on the door handle to unlock it and open it and then after you get in the vehicle, lets you press the Start button and start the car. Already have a basic program written for it that takes care of everything to make sure this system will have enough fail-safes built in so that it know you really want to start the car or turn it off as well as making it know you are in the vehicle or not. I even have a provision so that you can start it, get out and it will lock and then if you press the breaks while the driver isn't in the car, it kills the car and won't start again until everything in the program has been satisfied. This will take what that one guy did with the RFID chip implanted in his hand but make it so you don't have to wave your hand up to he window and it won't auto start your car because although it might be cool for a day, it really isn't practical as maybe you're just gonna get something out of your car and have no reason to start it. Other thing is it will be able to differentiate between just wanting to turn the car on and actually starting it. I lucked out from a safety standpoint in being my car is a manual so only way the button works is if the clutch is depressed so no false starts or stops but we can't give away all the secrets just yet. Depending on how much this costs us to do and how many people are intersted in this, we may eventually offer a kit.

Sorry for the crappy pictures. My phone doesn't take that great of pictures. Enjoy!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
KeylessGo01.jpg (76.2 KB, 787 views)
KeylessGo02.jpg (50.2 KB, 773 views)

Last edited by rcompart; 09-02-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: KeylessGo on the Crossfire

welcome to JRindustries

Old 09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh My God! Its My Dream Kit!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet basically like the MB SLR McLaren

Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM

yeah this is a awesome set up, i just hope it works like the nissan setup

Old 09-08-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Voyager
yeah this is a awesome set up, i just hope it works like the nissan setup
Ive read up on the Nissan system but I must be missing something because it all seems pretty straight forward. Ours will be a little different such as I will be putting a button in place of the door lock cylinders and gettign another door handle for the passenger side from the drivers side off a car in the boneyard so I can do the same there. Walk up, hit the button, it unlocks the car, you get in, it sees the "key" in your pocket, you press the keyless go button 3 times within 3 seconds and it turns teh car to RUN and then you just hold it doen to start it. When you get where you're going, press the button 4 times in 3 seconds and it turns off. no **** to mess with, just one sweet button to press. We plan on making this a custom deal so you tell us how you want it and we'll quote you the price so if you want to leave everythign the same as factory and just add the keyless button, you can do that or if you want the whole nine yards, we can do that too. One thing I thought about was getting a **** to put in the ignition that you would just leave there and just remove the starter portion from the switch but that really makes the car vulnerable and I don't want a forum member PMing me saying his car was stolen as a result as that would eliminate all the security features except the door locks and we all know that won't stop anyone.

Keep the feedback coming. You are all part of the design team.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:48 PM

I drove cars like that in the past but, the button was on the floor ( 30 and 40 model American cars ).

I 'am sure glad the Japanes auto makers came up with this ideal. Goes to show they can copy any ideal and call it their own by moving it to a new location.

Some didn't have door locks

They have finally won wwII.

My own thoughts. No argument required.

Ray

Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM

I WANT THIS NOW! The safety switch issue (pressing the clutch to close the circuit) could be solved on the automatic transmission by wiring into the brakelight switch? possible? a hidden cut-out switch would be good enough for me to ensure security...if someone figures it out and takes the car...i will be looking for some forum members. ha ha ha

Last edited by caddyman3; 09-08-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by caddyman3
I WANT THIS NOW! The safety switch issue (pressing the clutch to close the circuit) could be solved on the automatic transmission by wiring into the brakelight switch? possible? a hidden cut-out switch would be good enough for me to ensure security...if someone figures it out and takes the car...i will be looking for some forum members. ha ha ha
HEY GUYS I JUST FOUND THIS REALLY NICE LOOKING WHITE COUPE!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM

HEY GUYS I JUST FOUND THIS REALLY NICE LOOKING WHITE COUPE!
This would be what we don't want.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:08 PM

haha yeah that could be bad. the nice thing about this kit though. it sounds like even if you lost your key you and someone found it and try to steal your car. with that button trick it seems like they would never figure it out

Old 09-08-2008, 09:21 PM

BINGO! And that is purposely like that for that very reason.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Seannon
Didn't want to be accused of threadjacking, so here goes... what about Bluetooth... one thing that SO many people do is haev their PHONES with them... most now have bluetooth built in... Debian Linux now has, (and I believe it is either easily available, or can be made to wok with other flavors of Linux... ) now the nice thing about this? you get the phone within 30 feet or so, open the phone, go to the application on the phone, and click unlock etc... the phone would have to be paired with the car before it would work etc, and then it would be a menu option for unlocking the door then additional modules for starting the car etc... kinda like get close to the car, and you get logged in, open the phone, and go to the car program, click start, then unlock and turn the alarm off etc... then you don't have to worry about changing the door handles, or undoing the locks... I personally would rather be able to start the car remotely a min or two before I get to it because I live in Texas... and it is hot here man!!! Oh, about the only thing I see as this needing is something that can run Linux as an embedded device and a usb bluetooth adapter... and of course a phone that has bluetooth, and perhaps runs java apps OR if it is just for the way that you described, that you are needing just to be able to log on to the car... a simple headset will work... just has to be able to pair with the car... but most headsets do not have changing pairing codes and would be easier to "Bluejack" the car that way...
This is a PM I got yesterday. This is by no means threadjacking so anyone and everyone, bring your ideas to the table.

That being said, I've done bluetooth remote start/unlock and they realyl aren't all they are cracked up to be. Toshiba did a kit for all of about a month for this. A demo unit it made it to my shop, was buggy as can be and had a laptop connected to it about every day to update something that the last update messed with or to fix missing functionality. Bluetooth on a good day has a range of about 30-40 feet line of sight. The problem with using it is the protocal you'd use to make it work. The toshiba unit made the phone think it was a headset and you "dialed" your car to start or unlock. Problem with this is some phones don't send the DTMF tones through the headset until after you initiate a call so no go there. Needless to say, it's been 5 years since Iv'e worked with it and I've never seen another company make one so you know it's probably not gonna be back anytime soon.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:01 AM

Well I have my first suspect...hey how did that silver SRT end up with an axe through the hood?! Ha ha ha...I think between the multiple press button, and a hiden cut-out switch, this would work well.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 AM

for anyone not aware of the rfid chip in the hand. this is bens car audio car

http://www.benscaraudio.com/images/MOV00113.MPG

Old 09-09-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by rcompart
This is a PM I got yesterday. This is by no means threadjacking so anyone and everyone, bring your ideas to the table.

That being said, I've done bluetooth remote start/unlock and they realyl aren't all they are cracked up to be. Toshiba did a kit for all of about a month for this. A demo unit it made it to my shop, was buggy as can be and had a laptop connected to it about every day to update something that the last update messed with or to fix missing functionality. Bluetooth on a good day has a range of about 30-40 feet line of sight. The problem with using it is the protocal you'd use to make it work. The toshiba unit made the phone think it was a headset and you "dialed" your car to start or unlock. Problem with this is some phones don't send the DTMF tones through the headset until after you initiate a call so no go there. Needless to say, it's been 5 years since Iv'e worked with it and I've never seen another company make one so you know it's probably not gonna be back anytime soon.
Actually, where I was going with that... was yes, they have to be paired... but the car would show up as a computer, NOT a headset... basically, the presence of the phone nearby would "log you in" and the java app would allow you to activate functions in the car... since many of the phones that have bluetooth are able to use Java, AND connect, sync etc with computers... this should be a lot easier than 5 years ago... the package for debian is blueproximity this will work for all POSIX based operating systems... here is a link for the project http://sourceforge.net/projects/blueproximity/ also, the idea for doing this actually came from this package and after seeing the LinuxMCE and Mythbuntu... both of which can use a bluetooth enabled phone as a remote control for a home PC based media center (kinda like windows media center edition on steroids)

EDIT : just wanted to bring up one other point about bluetooth... the class normally seen in phones and standard phone headsets is Class 1 this has a range of up to 10 meters yes, this can be an issue if you are wanting to be a distance away...class 2 is good for 100 meters, and will make a class 1 device work better at it's fringe distances, perhaps even making it a bit over it's normal range. I have recently ordered a few class 2 micro bluetooth dongles for my systems here, and my laptop. talking on a headset I get a bit further on them than I can my phone line of sight... Oh, and class three... range is up to a kilometer 1000 Meters...

did a search for bluetooth class 2 dongle on ebay, and saw one for like 3 bucks... I paid 7.31 shipped for mine and am happy with them...

Last edited by seannon; 09-09-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM

we have a computer guy here^^^

Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Here is the new door switch. Haven't installed it yet as I want to get one in black being the stainless really clashes with the car. Wouldn't think so since the lock cylinder is but it does and bad.

Tada!

Attached Images
Switches 001.JPG (344.8 KB, 606 views)
Switches 002.JPG (346.1 KB, 605 views)
Switches 003.JPG (294.3 KB, 601 views)
Switches 004.JPG (277.7 KB, 12 views)
Switches 005.JPG (305.5 KB, 605 views)
Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 PM

wow awesome! so that is going in the place of the key hole?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:00 PM

wow awesome! so that is going in the place of the key hole?
Yup and I'm gonna be putting another one on the passenger side and next the the handle on the hatch but that one won't be lit up, for now but who knows, maybe I'll decide I want that one lit up too. Tough to say right now but I love where this is going and I can't wait to make up the actual partslist so there can be a few more of these on these lovely cars.

Question for everyone reading this though, can anyone think of a good way to make a backup in case for some reason this whole thing goes south while the doors are locked. Everything I think of either is way to easy which leads me to believe this could be a theft risk or its too involved that it too could fail!

Quick Reply: KeylessGo on the Crossfire