Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Replacing Map Lights with LEDs

Old 11-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Replacing Map Lights with LEDs

Originally Posted by ronw57
Was getting the plastic cover or housing off easy? I have one map/reading bulb that is out and I have not taken it off before. Don't want to screw it up because wife will not be happy.
should be simple. just pry off the plastic cover with a credit card or something, then there are two philips screws holding the housing. There is one wiring harness attached to the housing.

DO NOT over tighten the screws when re-installing, it could crack the housing.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was getting the plastic cover or housing off easy? I have one map/reading bulb that is out and I have not taken it off before. Don't want to screw it up because wife will not be happy.
It is fairly easy. This first page of this thread has step by step instructions. Just be gentle when using a flathead screwdriver or credit card.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry i just saw it, it was really easy. Whole thing took less than 10 minutes.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Default Replacing Glove Box Light with LEDs

How do you open the lens in the glove box to replace the bulb? Trying not to break it....Thanks

Old 09-24-2014, 04:35 PM

I just replaced the map overhead with LED bulbs. I saw the question about flickering and now I have a question. I noticed that when I and opening or closing the windows, there is a slight flicker of the overhead lamps! Should I be worried? Is there something that I can do to correct this?

Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tednite
I just replaced the map overhead with LED bulbs. I saw the question about flickering and now I have a question. I noticed that when I and opening or closing the windows, there is a slight flicker of the overhead lamps! Should I be worried? Is there something that I can do to correct this?
I have the same issue as well. I would not worry about it. As far as correcting it, I don't know that you can.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:38 PM

I like that interior-light is bright enough for that if you need to see something in car, you can do it without flashlight So that 200 lm is enough.

T10 3W 200lm LED White Car Width / Reading / Instrument Lamps (2 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

This is little brighter than normal 5 W halogen and it is white.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Forum Regular

hey guys just a heads up, i do all HID and LED lighting, since i own a lighting company, i figured if you guys needed anything for your crossfire i can definitely help, might as well help my forum buddies as well and yes ive done my crossfire head to toe, almost, considering doing corner lamps, but i almost like the incandescent s, all i have left are the reverse to o really but those are extremely bright for being traditional lights

Old 04-03-2015, 02:59 AM

Hey falshami, what did you put for led in your turn signal lights and your brake lights? Have you found any canbus compatible led lights for those that don't trigger the idiot light on the dash?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I got the black lights I think it looks good with the instrument lights on.
Attachment 15825

Careful, if they are 'real' black lights, the frequency could be harming your eyes and eyesight later on. Just a note to all about black lights and eye problems...

And yes, I know the post about the black lights is old...

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 04-03-2015 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Forum Regular

so there are a few tricks you can use to not let the idiot light come on, i use some high power LEDs that we sell but mix them in with a resistor, this has stopped the light from coming on , however, the resistors get VERY HOT while on, so i have decided to forgo brake lights and running lights, however back ups were fair game and i have done those, they are wickidley bright ,heat isnt an issue since your never in reverse for more than a few seconds.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:14 PM

Ok I see. I already have canbus led backup lights that work great. But what I want to find is a canbus brake light without any resistors.. Is there anything out there.. I know that led signal give hyper flash so I guess I will have to live with the egg yoke look for the signals as they are only lit when signalling so no real big deal but a nice bright tail light would be great.. Anything available out there that some members have found?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE
Ok I see. I already have canbus led backup lights that work great. But what I want to find is a canbus brake light without any resistors.. Is there anything out there.. I know that led signal give hyper flash so I guess I will have to live with the egg yoke look for the signals as they are only lit when signalling so no real big deal but a nice bright tail light would be great.. Anything available out there that some members have found?

well the canbus all have to have some sort of resistor, all leds need some resistor, why are you trying to avoid them? for my reverse lights i used some hyper bright led lights with a reflector of which i carry , i havent done brakes yet but i will soon , if i feel like wiring in a resistor, my only concern is its heat output from the resistor

Old 04-03-2015, 08:12 PM

I would assume that purchasing a canbus compatible led would imply that it would already have the resisters needed already integrated into the led unit... Thus not having to add other resistor thereafter in line... Doesn't seem to make sense to me to do so.. My backup led lights are canbus and work perfectly without external resisters and don't give me an idiot light on the dash, that being said why are there none that work for the brake lights in the same fashion..

Old 04-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE
I would assume that purchasing a canbus compatible led would imply that it would already have the resisters needed already integrated into the led unit... Thus not having to add other resistor thereafter in line... Doesn't seem to make sense to me to do so.. My backup led lights are canbus and work perfectly without external resisters and don't give me an idiot light on the dash, that being said why are there none that work for the brake lights in the same fashion..
Have you searched the internet? There is a site called Superbrites, if memory serves, that has just about anything you could ask for. Personally, the idiot light doesn't bother me, maybe it's because I am an idiot. LOL

Old 04-05-2015, 11:43 AM

Lol ya that's where bought all my led lights. But even though they say it's canbus compatible they still display the idiot light.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Forum Regular

so i have come to find that the more vital a light is , the more sensitive the carputer will be to detecting one out, reverse lights are much easier than brake lights, not all canbus are the same , if you look at canbus lights the resistors have numbers on them , that dictates their resistance , and as far as ive seen it doesnt go higher number = better it involves some research, i will however embark on this journey for us if you guys would like, its kind of my job..

Old 04-05-2015, 10:18 PM

Yes I bet it's a job.. But well worth the effort if someone can find something compatible with our vehicles... Also if you have a lighting company, by doing the leg work and finding out something that works you could then supply the community with the goods and make yourself some money as well.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:57 AM
Forum Regular

yes lol i was playing around but i will work on this, i have just solved the reverse lights, and mine are incredibly bright, i should install the other resistor but havent gotten around to it. i will now work on brake lights and turn signals as it seems to be a very popular item ,