Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Blower Resistor Resistor - where to get it !

Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Blower Resistor Resistor - where to get it !

Originally Posted by coolcars123
Thanks for your reply. I opened the entire glovebox department and didn't see it when I opened it the first time..this Is really strange as I am good with cars
Try this........

Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Try this........
180, Post #36 -- The way I said it wasn't good enough? I thought that you were in the Forum CSI, You are slipping.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
180, Post #36 -- The way I said it wasn't good enough? I thought that you were in the Forum CSI, You are slipping.
Sorry missed that post and answered the OP's later post where I assumed he was still lost.
CSIS has the word intelligence in it, and that is questionable at times.

This email will probably pass across someones desk as it has CSIS in it and I will be shadowed by men or women (CSIS is an equal opportunity employer) in dark sunglasses for the next little while.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Sorry missed that post and answered the OP's later post where I assumed he was still lost.
CSIS has the word intelligence in it, and that is questionable at times.
This email will probably pass across someones desk as it has CSIS in it and I will be shadowed by men or women (CSIS is an equal opportunity employer) in dark sunglasses for the next little while.
I was just ribbing you 180, but seriously keep an eye out for plain dark colored chevy's following you now!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
I was just ribbing you 180, but seriously keep an eye out for plain dark colored chevy's following you now!

Nope, they drive 'smart-4-two' s now. Which in and of itself is an oxymoron.

First, post above is a pun, but given the absurdity of the world today, isn't far from a twisted futuristic reality, as projected?

Second, my doctor says to me that I should keep taking my meds...

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 12-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I have a new problem... water is coming into my passenger side underneath the glove box... my radio went out but after it dried it came back on... now my ac is not blowing??? I read a few feeds and I will tackle clearing out the leaves tomorrow. .. but why is my ac not blowing??? And after I clear the leaves what next?

btw I replaced the electric plate and after 1 month I was stuck in safe mode revving in 2nd gear, so I had to stop n restart... the mechanic is saying the tranny need to be overhauled. . Im so mad, its only been 1 yr since I bought the car...

Old 05-23-2014, 09:07 PM

Took 2 hrs n cleaned out the leaves n dirty... sprayed the car with a hose n no more leaking inside, but we'll see when it rains.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Forum Regular

Here's the best price I've found for the Blower Motor Resistor. $28.88 with shipping!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261573856513?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Old 10-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Selbyl
Here's the best price I've found for the Blower Motor Resistor. $28.88 with shipping!
Heater Blower Motor Resistor Regulator for Mercedes Benz SLK230 CLK320 CLK200 | eBay
going to give it a try, just pulled mine last night and ordered it.. going ot be a long 2 weeks. waiting will update with how it works.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up I e of those as well ($31USD). Free delivery and it will be here tomorrow. I'll report on Monday as to its performance. Meanwhile, check out Youtube for MMZ_TimeLord's great video on doing this
project. He did a fabulous job.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This one is same price ($31usd) w/ free shipping from Calif. Works great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-C-Fan-Blower-Motor-Resistor-RU567-Fits-Mercedes-SLK320-SLK350-AMG-2108206210-/161392495022?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2593be09ae

Old 10-10-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by syfi

A C Fan Blower Motor Resistor RU567 Fits Mercedes SLK320 SLK350 AMG 2108206210 | eBay
dang I didnt see any in the thread with a low price and a US seller, ordered this one too. $30 for a week earlier when I cant use it in mornings now, why not. THANKS!

Old 10-12-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by syfi

A C Fan Blower Motor Resistor RU567 Fits Mercedes SLK320 SLK350 AMG 2108206210 | eBay
I might have to get me one too, mine goes crazy for awhile.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

On one resistor I bought some time back, the new wire(s) that came with it were a little short. In fact, one wouldn't even reach for proper installation. Had to make a new wire in order to use the new resistor. Can't remember where I got it, but some of the aftermarket versions could possibly have some issues.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
On one resistor I bought some time back, the new wire(s) that came with it were a little short. In fact, one wouldn't even reach for proper installation. Had to make a new wire in order to use the new resistor. Can't remember where I got it, but some of the aftermarket versions could possibly have some issues.
Nothing wrong with using the wiring off the old resistor. Just unplug the new wires from the new resistor and plug in the old ones. Makes the install a lot easier too!

Old 10-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No replaced my Blower resistor / blower regulator today with the $31 unit from California
Via eBay. I took the advice of Dave oneHundred80 and the guidance of MMZ_Timelord in his excellent YouTube video and tackled the job myself. Total time was about 30 minutes. I used to existing wiring although the aftermarket wires were much higher quality. Final result was a perfectly running heater and AX blower once again. Thanks So Much guys. You are both awesome. What a great forum and what great support. Who would have thought that buying a Crossfire could be so much fun both on AND off the road!
Best,
John

Last edited by PitMarshall; 10-14-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Corrections
Old 10-15-2014, 11:55 AM

Also just did mine, after doing this in a few american cars this one was a piece of cake. Nobody laugh, but i put mine all in and nothing.. my fuse was blown. Yes, I did not check it first, and yes I know better. bad news it was fried to a crisp, actually melted the plastic in the fuse box holder some. It was hard to get the destroyed fuse out (how it melted in half I cant figure, the fuse should have blown) The plastic after being that hard is brittle as heck, ugly job getting the old fuse out without breaking the fuse spot more. I think i will have to rewire in a INLINE fuse and eliminate that one fuse spot. It in and working but im worried the connection wont be good. I had the fan on med for about 20 minutes and the fuse has no heat so it must be ok.. but its just not good after the heat its had. good news its just the one fuse spot, all fuses around it the plastic is fine. Silly little thing but now i want a whole new fuseblock.

The fuse evidently didn't do it job, the actual fuse was melted in half, 2 pieces, not just a burnt out fuse, and one side was just metal (the plastic was all melted off). I am assuming i must have had a bad resistor after all as the FAN is fine (tested it when it was out, checked brushes etc).

Old 10-15-2014, 04:15 PM

Seems to be a more common problem then you would of thought. After reading through several forums the consensus for this is that there are several things that can happen. Most of the occurrences happened with the heater/blower circuit. Some think it's caused by cheap chinese fuses. The fuse may not have been seated correctly. The blades may have had some corrosion present. The holder may have had some corrosion present. I'd take some fine sandpaper and clean up the female socket as best you can. Clean/sand the blades on the fuse and apply some dielectric grease to the blades to form a better contact.

Last edited by syfi; 10-15-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Dielectric Grease vs Conductive Grease

This guy seems to know his stuff.
syfi, you stated
apply some dielectric grease to the blades to form a better contact.
According to the above author, neither dielectric or conductive grease increases conductivity.
But what do I know. Where's onehundred80 when you need him ???????

Old 10-15-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Dielectric Grease vs Conductive Grease

This guy seems to know his stuff.
syfi, you stated

According to the above author, neither dielectric or conductive grease increases conductivity.
But what do I know. Where's onehundred80 when you need him ???????
You don't want to increase conductivity, you already have good flow. You want to prevent corrosion causing resistance which causes the contacts to heat up and melt.

In the article he states...
I use it for plug-in connections, in particular in my automotive hobby. I also use silicone dielectric grease for battery terminal connection preservation, coating it directly on the battery post. I use it in liberal amounts on ground connections, to inhibit corrosion on stainless-to-zinc (galvanized), lead-to-lead, stainless-to-copper, and stainless-to-aluminum electrical connections. I have never found a problem with silicone dielectric compound increasing resistance or increasing wear. We use it in new equipment production to lubricate and preserve contact plating in very low current meter switches. It has never caused shorts across insulation, I use it on spark plug HV boots on race engines and in high voltage connectors.
It's real intent is to prevent corrosion and plating in the contact. Corrosion will increase resistance which causes the connection to heat up. They used it for many years (long ago) in outdoor streetlamp sockets to prevent plating of the contacts from the higher heat that the bulbs put out.

Quick Reply: Blower Resistor Resistor - where to get it !