Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

heated seats, seats or module

Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heated seats, seats or module

GRRRRRRRR! i love my car, but ive had electrical issues with it since i got it. there was a short i believe which was causing lights to burn out everywhere and my radio to be glitchy. i took it to the dealer and they "diagnoses" two times finding nothing and having me to foot the bill. im not taking it to them unless i have to, with the help of the forum hopefully i can figure this **** out myself. soooo yeah my drivers seat is down completely but the passengers seat has only the back warmer working. so im assuming it is not the module and the seats themselves. depending on my replies to this post (if any) i dont know if i should get like an aftermarket kit for heated seats or if i should buy new (used) seats or the module. i guess i should mention that last time i used the drivers warmer my *** was so hot i had to turn it down! ive been doing some reading and i hear that when an "element" fails it has extreme temperatures. well any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the forum has helped me so much! love you guys

Old 05-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: heated seats, seats or module

Originally Posted by xviiviexie
GRRRRRRRR! i love my car, but ive had electrical issues with it since i got it. there was a short i believe which was causing lights to burn out everywhere and my radio to be glitchy. i took it to the dealer and they "diagnoses" two times finding nothing and having me to foot the bill. im not taking it to them unless i have to, with the help of the forum hopefully i can figure this **** out myself. soooo yeah my drivers seat is down completely but the passengers seat has only the back warmer working. so im assuming it is not the module and the seats themselves. depending on my replies to this post (if any) i dont know if i should get like an aftermarket kit for heated seats or if i should buy new (used) seats or the module. i guess i should mention that last time i used the drivers warmer my *** was so hot i had to turn it down! ive been doing some reading and i hear that when an "element" fails it has extreme temperatures. well any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the forum has helped me so much! love you guys
Check the connections under the seat (if you have not already done so). Here is the rub....it could be the elements themselves or the control module located in the dash behind the hazard switch or a combination of both. Usually it is the control module that goes first and then causes the elements to overheat and burn out. In any regards in order to fix the problem you may have to replace the element(s) that have burned out and the control module. I was lucky when I had this issue, my dealer just replaced the seats totally and the control module.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:43 AM
Default Re: heated seats, seats or module

hi!
thanks for the reply! so im going to tear those seats out and check the connections, if they are plugged in do you think i should start with the module? also i was searching for a module but all i could find was the part for the slk? i know that the interior apparently can be entirely swapped out with the crossfires. so do you think the slk module would fit? or maybe a bit of a dremel to it? thanks for the reply!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 AM

All,
Have the identical problem in my 2005 Roadster. Drivers seat completly inop and passenger seat back only working. The part number for the element repair kits are in another thread dealing with this specific problem. WHAT IS THE CORRECT PART NUMBER FOR THE HEATED SEAT CONTROL MODULE
(CHRYSLER) ??????

v/r
2005 Ragtop

Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Seat Heater Pad Kit Part Number = 68000519-AB

Not sure if this includes the module - but it's the P/N on my warranty bill when Chrysler fixed my in-op seat heater.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Brian,
Pictured are the contents of P/N 68000519AB. It's good for the repair of 1 seat (back and bottom). No module included. The module I'm told is part of the ganged switch assembly that contains the heated seat switch controls and Hazard Flasher swich. Can ANYONE who's had the Switch, Heated Seat module replaced confirm that this (from the 2006 parts manual Figure 8-805, Item 1) is the correct p/n: 05097522AA.

V/R
2005 Ragtop

Last edited by 2005 Ragtop; 05-26-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually . . . I believe it is the other way round, that the element in the seat goes bad, and then that causes the module to go. I had a post a long time ago, about replacing the element in my car's drivers seat. . . . from what I saw, the wire to the element is pinched too tight and then frays and breaks - hence no seat heat. The kit has replacement elements for one seat bottom and one seat back. It was relatively easy to do, just be patient and follow the instructions . . . sorry I don't have the p/n for the module.

Mark
A12rag

Old 05-26-2010, 08:28 PM

Here is my original post . . .

Hey everyone . . . I just picked up the Seat Repair Kit from my dealer. . . . I have attached a few pics, showing the part number and contents. . . . it has the instruction sheets included. When I get some more time I will scan and add these. Will let you know how it works out . . . .

Mark
A12Rag

PS - Interesting to read on the instruction sheet bottom corner :

K6855424 TP Instruction Sheet
Date : November 20, 2002

Would seem like this was an issue with the SLK that Merc. or Chry. did
not address when they built the XF !!! Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files Heat Seat Repair Kit Instructions.pdf (517.7 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by a12rag : 02-02-2008 at 07:22 AM . Reason: Adding Instruction Sheet Document

Old 05-26-2010, 08:36 PM

and here is the link with the pics . . .

Hey all . . . FINALLY after all this time, I was able to work on the Crossfire today and fix the drivers side seat heater - seat bottom. The kit that I got and described earlier, is for ONE seat. It will fix either the bottom (with new element), or the back with new connector . . . anyhow, I have uploaded pics and description of the repair (step by step) . . . I think the hardest part was following the instructions that were provided. However, was able to complete this in about 2hrs. probably could have done it quicker, but was trying to be very fussy about it . . .anyhow, repair is great, with seat heat happening !!

Anyhow, hope that helps all . .

Cheers

Mark

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rapom70...7624144210210/

The following users liked this post:
jefecito (10-05-2022)
Old 05-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is a great post. Lots of folks will be using it in the future.

Sticky stuff! Valk, can you hear me?

Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 AM

All,
And the module part number is ??????????????????

2005 Ragtop

Old 12-15-2010, 05:42 PM

I've bought a set of leather seats to replace the cloth in my 06 Roadster. I found a Mopar shop locally who will run wire from the dash panel switches (also included with the seats), but is there some other part I need to buy? Is that what the "module" is you're all talking about?
If so, does anyone know the part number?

Thanks!
-Adam

Old 01-13-2011, 02:26 AM

Just bought a 2005 Limited Coupe.........

Set to high.... can really feel the heat on the back on both seats (nice).... don't feel much heat if any from any other areas....... what areas should one be feeling heat, and is that heat feel similar to the heat felt on one's back?

Thanks!

Old 01-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Banned

Hello,
It is really helpful to all others that's really interesting .

Thanks

Old 01-29-2011, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2005 Ragtop

Brian,
Pictured are the contents of P/N 68000519AB. It's good for the repair of 1 seat (back and bottom). No module included. The module I'm told is part of the ganged switch assembly that contains the heated seat switch controls and Hazard Flasher swich. Can ANYONE who's had the Switch, Heated Seat module replaced confirm that this (from the 2006 parts manual Figure 8-805, Item 1) is the correct p/n: 05097522AA.

V/R
2005 Ragtop
"The repair kit is good for 1 seat (back and bottom)"

1. In the pic only see 1 Pad for P/N 6800519AB... approx. cost is?

2. Are there separate Pads for the back and bottom, or 1 Pad controls both areas?

3. Besides heat to the back and bottom area.... are there any other areas that receives direct heat that need to be checked?

4. If one feels a good amount of back heat, should that same level of heat be felt on the bottom?

5. Would this be the correct P/N 05097522AA for the Module? if so, approx. cost.

6.. Does the Module control both both Heat and Hazard Flasher, or is there a separate module for both?

7. If the module controls both, and the Hazard Flasher work.... can it be assumed the module is not the issue relevant to heating the seats?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular

I have been searching here and the net for an hour for a seat heater repair. I though I read that there was a broken wire problme in the seat cushion that could be repaired by soldering in a patch. Am I dreaming again?

My driver seat heater was broken when I purchased my CF this spring and the back heater quit on the ride home. Now that it's cold I would like to fix both.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Hello all. This is a great thread but unfortunately I am not very mechanical and do not do my own repairs like alot of you on this site. I am having this same issue(drivers seat heater does not work, but passenger seat does). If I take my car in to my mechanic, what can I expect to pay(including labor) for this repair? Any "rough" estimates would be appreciated.

Thank you

Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but after some searching I found some good info on here.

In my 04 Coupe the drivers side seat heater has failed, no heat anywhere on the seat. Passenger works fine still.

So what I am trying to figure out is if the control module needs replacing too or just the heating elements? I found part 6800051AB, the repair kit for $70 on chrylserpartsdirect. Is this a good price, if not where else should I look.

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Old 12-23-2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by sled driver
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but after some searching I found some good info on here.

In my 04 Coupe the drivers side seat heater has failed, no heat anywhere on the seat. Passenger works fine still.

So what I am trying to figure out is if the control module needs replacing too or just the heating elements? I found part 6800051AB, the repair kit for $70 on chrylserpartsdirect. Is this a good price, if not where else should I look.

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
just the element

Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If one could find the broken spot in the element, could that be soldered so that it would work again?

Quick Reply: heated seats, seats or module