Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Headliner Replacement

Old 09-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Headliner Replacement

I intend to make a PDF on a DIY replacement of the headliner.
The removal and reinstall of it will use GraphiteGhosts post on the subject. CLICK

What I want is a good post with pics if possible of the recovering of the headliner itself, any posts spring to mind on that?

Also included will be this .pdf.

Attached Files
Old 07-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headliner Replacement

10. "After the upper trim was in place, the lower (formed rug-like) trim slipped in easily. Make sure you take out that lower center rug panel so the lower side trim slips in without hanging up on that jack area cover. Putting in the rest is just a formality now."

Taken from a post by GraphiteGhost
Compiled by onehundred80

Sir: With respects. What does this (above Item 10) mean? I am at a loss. Is he talking about removal of all of the Interior fabric panels in the rear boot area? And the Upper plastic panels? Help me comprehend his intent. I am just a bit confused on his definitions. Thanks.

Fildo

Fildo

Old 07-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Fildo Dog
10. "After the upper trim was in place, the lower (formed rug-like) trim slipped in easily. Make sure you take out that lower center rug panel so the lower side trim slips in without hanging up on that jack area cover. Putting in the rest is just a formality now."

Compiled by onehundred80

Sir: With respects. What does this (above Item 10) mean? I am at a loss. Is he talking about removal of all of the Interior fabric panels in the rear boot area? And the Upper plastic panels? Help me comprehend his intent. I am just a bit confused on his definitions. Thanks.

Fildo

Fildo
The center panel has to be removed to make all the trunk panels easier to remove without damage. All four of the side panels hook behind the rear panel.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Fildo Dog

Compiled by onehundred80

Fildo

Fildo
Originally Posted by onehundred80
The center panel has to be removed to make all the trunk panels easier to remove without damage. All four of the side panels hook behind the rear panel.

Exactly, 180 (Dave) hit the nail right on! If you do not take the center rear panel out you could damage the side panels. Some members said/posted that they have done it but I was too chicken to 'bend' and 'flex' them. My luck, I just might have cracked the formed panels. So I removed the center panel and it made the job MUCH easier to complete. If you break any of the side panels, it will show (AND) if you break any inside mounting points OR parts it may also RATTLE. The interlocking parts these cars have just about have to be returned to its OEM fitment, otherwise you might have to search for replacements. We all know how hard (and expensive) that is. I tend to take shortcuts when I know it doesn't do any damage, it has served me well over the years. There is an old saying "Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted". When I researched my headliner job, I took care when I did it. As I got stuck, I re-though the posts I read and decided to be safe than sorry. Thanks Dave, and ALL the other contributors to this awesome forum!

Old 08-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I finally found ALL DAY UPHOLSTERY, 610-888-4104 (Art Senn, Jr.) in Southeastern Pennsylvania that installed my new headliner, in the original texture and color, for $200.00!
He wrapped the material over every edge, really great job, took 5.5 hours.
So I don't need to tackle this job......
Dennis
DTMenace