Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Power window problems

Old 03-25-2016, 02:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window problems

As I was starting my Crossfire up today suddenly the power windows froze as I was rolling them down. I was certain it was a blown fuse so I checked and the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and the passenger side window rolled up fine but the drivers side window still would not roll up. I checked the fuse again and the new fuse was fine. I'm puzzled by what it could be. I was having this same problem around the same time I got in a car wreck a few months ago. The repair place couldn't figure out was it was either. They replaced the motor in the door and it still didn't work so they just rolled up the window manually and gave it back to me. Then strangely as I drove away I tested the window and it began to work again. It worked just fine until today. I dont know what is the issue. It seems to either be a strange electrical issue or the window is literally stuck to far down when the fuse blows. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Has this happened to anyone else?

Old 03-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Power window problems

Originally Posted by core40
As I was starting my Crossfire up today suddenly the power windows froze as I was rolling them down. I was certain it was a blown fuse so I checked and the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and the passenger side window rolled up fine but the drivers side window still would not roll up. I checked the fuse again and the new fuse was fine. I'm puzzled by what it could be. I was having this same problem around the same time I got in a car wreck a few months ago. The repair place couldn't figure out was it was either. They replaced the motor in the door and it still didn't work so they just rolled up the window manually and gave it back to me. Then strangely as I drove away I tested the window and it began to work again. It worked just fine until today. I dont know what is the issue. It seems to either be a strange electrical issue or the window is literally stuck to far down when the fuse blows. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Has this happened to anyone else?
I would look for power at the switches and work back from there. I would hazard a guess that there is an intermittent short somewhere that blew the fuse. Look in the Service Manual for the circuitry involved.
What motor was replaced?

Old 08-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having the same issue with the Driver Side window only. Please update your findings if you can, we would appreciate it.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Spilled Coke/coffee in the switch?

Old 05-30-2019, 12:23 PM

Both my Windows won't work. Took the fuse #19 and didn't help. I have another problem as well. My Light switch has got one point on the back that is made for a Plug but can't find a plug to connect it. Mine is a coupe.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:11 AM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 1951sms
Both my Windows won't work. Took the fuse #19 and didn't help. I have another problem as well. My Light switch has got one point on the back that is made for a Plug but can't find a plug to connect it. Mine is a coupe.
There are several threads in this section which will help you.
Here is just one, click; https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...n-t-go-up.html

Old 05-31-2019, 11:14 AM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

If you can trust the service manual (you can't) it is simple, you have three common items: Fuse, BCM, Switch.

Is there any possibility you were tearing into the car and managed to yank off the connector on the back of the switch?

Old 05-31-2019, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

I have another problem as well. My Light switch has got one point on the back that is made for a Plug but can't find a plug to connect it. Mine is a coupe.
Base or Limited Coupe?

Keep in mind the housing of the ICM was used in several cars. Not every model had a plug in every port.
Base models have no driving/fog lights. Domestic cars have no rear fog lamp.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:14 PM

Thanks for your help!!