Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Door Speaker Trim Ring

Old 01-24-2017, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Speaker Trim Ring

Chrome trim on driver's side speaker does not stay in place. Several of the clips broke off. Looking for ideas on how to replace/repair the chrome trim ring

Old 01-25-2017, 09:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBGoode
Chrome trim on driver's side speaker does not stay in place. Several of the clips broke off. Looking for ideas on how to replace/repair the chrome trim ring
Do you still have the clips that broke off?
Plastic weld epoxy can work wonders.
Not regular epoxy, get plastic weld epoxy, chemical mix will heat up the plastic and help bond.
Get that and a small file.
File edges of joint, think of it like if the joint was a crack, file a small v groove will give more adhesion then once dried can use the file to smooth off excess if needed.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:33 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Door Speaker Trim Ring

Anybody tried that gimmick pen that ejects the epoxy then cures it with UV light ?

Old 01-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Anybody tried that gimmick pen that ejects the epoxy then cures it with UV light ?
Yes an it a waste of time an again an again ! Isn't that the definition of insanity or Alzheimer's.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:06 PM

Same thing happened to me last summer, 3/4 of the clips were broken off.. I tapped it with my foot on my way out of the car and it fell off.. It was already broken an the previous owner had siliconed it to temporarely make it hold..
So what I did was cut thin, small strips of clear policarbonate sheet on the bandsaw. Then to the bench grinder where I ground off the undercut and the taper. I wasn't sure as to how I was gonna glue it.. Was sceptical about using crazy glue as the clip is pretty thin, but tried anyways. Just butt glue them with the crazy.. Left it over night.. And wow was I surprised how stiff and strong the ended up being. Snapped it in and worked perfectly.. Just have patience and take your time to get the size of the clips right when you are making them or else it may give you grief.. And if you still have the broken pieces.. Well then you are golden

Old 01-27-2017, 04:12 PM

Add me to the list of someone who needs a new driver's side silver speaker trim. After fixing the grille...I went to install the silver ring only to have several tabs snap off. Unfortunately, this part has been discontinued. The passenger side is still available though. Also, does anyone know if the silver trim is included with the cover? I couldn't find it as a separate part/part #.

COVER. Left. Speaker Opening. Lower.
Part Number: 0YU15XDVAA ; 05101339AA
MB Part#: A1937270388 drivers

COVER. Right. Speaker Opening. Lower.
Part Number: 0YU14XDVAA ; 05101338AA
MB Part#: A1937270488 passengers

Old 01-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not have issues with my speaker ring at this point, but did want to mention that the bondic pen works rather well if you use a "real" UV light for curing, the one on the end of the pen is PoS. I use this on my RC 's to mend broken parts when beating them up at the RC park if I don't have any spares left.

Just my 2 Cents...

Old 06-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I am posting to this older thread to add some updated information. As our Crossfires age the interior plastic parts become brittle and often break . . . especially mounting tabs. After trying several different epoxy repair products, I recently started using this:

This is TRULY AMAZING STUFF. Easy to use / Fast "set up" / Fast curing time / Incredibly strong bond. The perfect solution.

This is where I found a good price:

Amazon Amazon