Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Anyone from Kansas???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Anyone from Kansas???

I spotted a red roadster like mine at the Panera located at 135th Street & Metcalf in Leawood this morning. It was a nice morning for drive with the top down.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DKAwildcat
I spotted a red roadster like mine at the Panera located at 135th Street & Metcalf in Leawood this morning. It was a nice morning for drive with the top down.

Red roadster with tinted lights spotted in Merriam yesterday by ****'s Sporting Goods.
Was that you? Sharp ride.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:18 AM

No, that wasn't me. Mine can be identified by the K-State powercat logo front tag and the "WLDCTS" personalized license plate. I live in Olathe, work along the I-435 corridor, and only drive the XF when it's not going to rain.

I always keep an eye out for XFs. What color/style is your XF and does it have any distinguishing marks?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:41 PM

I have a 2005 SSB SRT6 coupe with the Karmann decals in the back side windows. It is my daily driver so I usually keep the bra on the front for my daily drives up and down I-35 in Johnson County. That highway has the most gravel and rocks on it than any other I have been on - I don't know if it is because of the Jersey barriers that cause it to pile up or what the deal is. The front end of the car was getting mauled by all the debris before I got the cover.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:13 AM

I agree with you on the amount of debris along I-35... sand, gravel, broken glass, pieces of tires, etc. My cars have really taken a beating over the years. You would think the cities along the I-35 corridor would have a street sweeper clear the shoulders once in awhile to keep up a good appearance, but they don't since it's a state-owned highway.

I'll keep an eye out for you. Have a good day!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Forum Regular

Just bought myself a 04 Crossfire N/A, live outside of Fort Riley. Only have seen a couple in the area, i think a blue 05 i was looking at was bought by an old lady.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Forum Regular

Somoenes gotta be from around kansas still!

Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live in Lyons.. have a black 06 Conv. love it..

Old 10-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forums

How far are you from salina?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 AM

I have seen only a couple of XFs this spring in my area (southern Johnson County); however, this monring I spotted a classic yellow roadster on I-435 near the I-35 interchange. We traveled together for a few miles before I had to exit at State Line Road. To the yellow XF owner: It was a privalege to drive along with you this morning! :-)

Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 AM

Shawnee, KS Checking in here!

Old 05-09-2015, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by DKAwildcat
No, that wasn't me. Mine can be identified by the K-State powercat logo front tag and the "WLDCTS" personalized license plate. I live in Olathe, work along the I-435 corridor, and only drive the XF when it's not going to rain.

I always keep an eye out for XFs. What color/style is your XF and does it have any distinguishing marks?
I saw you a couple weeks back. I gave you a honk and a wave and sped away. I was in a rush to get to work. I was in the graphite crossfire hard top. Your convertible was super clean! Looked brand new!

Just wanted to bump up the Kansas section to see if there are any KC area Crossfires still puttin' around. I see a yellow convertible once in a while in Olathe. I have seen some a couple others now and then too.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:49 AM

It was great to see you, too! Your XF looked like it just came off the show room floor. I actually posted a comment that night in a "Spotted a Crossfire" post to see if you frequented this sight. Besides yours, I've only seen a couple of other Crossfires around Olathe so far this year (I live near159th & Mur-Len by the way). One is a alabaster roadster and the other is an inferno red coup.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:39 PM

Thanks! It does have a couple of dings here and there I need to address from the previous owner. I just got it a couple months ago. Cool cool. I am out in Gardner. I do check the site out now and then, a wealth of info on here.

I saw your car when I was on Strang Line, I was thinking to myself, Is that a Crossfire!? I was really really far behind, so I sped up and it sure was

Old 05-15-2015, 02:53 PM

Keep an eye out for my Alabaster Coupe. I live south of the city in Overland Park(135th and Quivira). I always see a Graphite Coupe, near my house but haven't been able to successfully track down the owner. Other than that I hardly ever see any XF's.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by cjfine
Keep an eye out for my Alabaster Coupe. I live south of the city in Overland Park(135th and Quivira). I always see a Graphite Coupe, near my house but haven't been able to successfully track down the owner. Other than that I hardly ever see any XF's.
I hardly see them either, but I ahve a keen eye for them. Damn Chrysler Pacifica's throw me off sometimes. Similar front end from a distance
I see a graphite coupe also in that area. I tried to catch up to it one time, but he/she turned off into some neighborhood between 151st and 135th near Switzer. I have seen a yellow convertible off of 119th and Black Bob a couple of times. There is a silver SRT-6 in Gardner with custom tags. Owner has owned it for quite some time because I remember seeing it like 5+ years ago. Unfortunately I am not in my Crossfire when I see it or a position to track it down haha. I was going into the Gardner Wal-Mart for a couple of things and spotted a graphite SRT-6 in employee section of the lot! I noticed an older lady heading in the same direction, it was hers. She must of been getting off. (I was already almost in the building when she was getting in)

Old 05-29-2015, 09:27 AM

I spotted a red roadster like mine on Thursday in the parking lot of the Olathe Best Buy. We were there for a while so it may have been that of an employee.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:47 PM

Spotted an Alabaster Coupe early this afternoon headed northbound on I-35 near Shawnee Mission Parkway.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:07 PM

Spotted a SSB roadster headed north on Blackbob near 155th Street in Olathe about 2:30 PM today.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:17 PM

I spotted 2. Took picture of one of them. Returning rental car back to Hertz off of Santa-Fe in Olathe. A black NA with tinted windows rolled into the lot. Looked like it had not been washed in quite some time.

Spotted another yellar convertible on Saturday at McDonalds parking lot off of 151st and BlackBob. Super clean.

Name:  IMAG0992_zpsacm4ruza.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  199.1 KB
Plate says HTRDGMA aka Hot Rod Grandma....LOL

Trying to set up the facebook page but it asks me to invite someone on my friends list. I have no friends on facebook that own a crossfire.

PM me your name and I will add you if interested so I can get the ball rolling.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Kansas???