Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Gateway Crossfire Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Re: Gateway Crossfire Group

Originally Posted by stlramfan65
And the date of this event is??
Saturday, August Second.

Hope you can make it.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:18 PM

Bumpy Bump

Old 08-02-2014, 06:54 PM

Absolutely fabulous weather today for 8 Count them EIGHT, Crossfires at the gtg today.
Good roads, good food, great wine and good friends and I got to drive my crossie to boot.

I just doesn't get better.

Thanks Ruth and Eric for a great plan and to all who came.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Gateway Crossfire Group

Originally Posted by stlramfan65
Thanks for the info, Frank. GTW, I'll try to keep you posted on any new developments. The 10 year warranty for my car (if qualified), would actually expire next month. Another reason for them to drag their feet. I did file an official complaint with the NHTSA, and you can read the 100's filed just like it on SAFERCAR.GOV. I'm not sure that any of that will do any good until somebody dies or is seriously injured by a flying window some day. Then they could point to the known issue, and it may get some bad press. The guy I talked to at NHTSA said he'd never heard of a TSB that limited coverage just based on the state of original delivery. He'd also thought that if the car were ever titled in one of the "covered" states, then the warranty should apply. Missouri is a covered state. That would make too much sense.
UPDATE: I just picked my Crossfire up from the dealer this morning. Top replaced at no charge! This has been a very bizarre journey with Chrysler Customer Care, and the dealer. I didn't take no for an answer on at least 3 occasions, and they finally agreed to honor the warranty. I hope this provides some hope to some who have had no success, and have given up on their attempt to get Chrysler to honor this warranty. It was treated as a customer "goodwill" warranty due to the fact that my car didn't qualify under the "magical state of original delivery" rule.
Happy camper today!

Old 08-08-2014, 03:12 PM
GTW
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey congrats on the new top! Sounds like it worked out well. Too bad it required so much effort to convince the dealer.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 AM

Chrysler's customer care reps are the biggest pain. You never get the same one twice, and not once did a single rep ever call me back when they told me that they would. I spoke to four different reps over a period of 2 weeks, and found one that was actually willing to try to help as opposed to shutting me down. At no time would anyone ever address the issue of why Chrysler only felt it was unsafe for windows to fall out in nine states, and didn't care about the safety threat posed in the other 41. I asked them this question many times, which may be why they finally gave in and honored the warranty. They instructed the dealership service manager to contact the regional service manager for Chrysler, who ultimately authorized the repair.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Have any of you guys thought about getting together and running a road like the dragon??
Been awhile since I been on it but isn't route 19 (I believe that is the right road) on the south eastern of Missouri a Hella of a curvy road?
Well there are LOTS of smooth windy roads in southern missouri. Has anyone thought about gathering up some weekend and do some exploring?
Maybe a road trip from St Louis go through mark Twain forest and to Cape girardeau, and stay off the straight major roads?

Old 09-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Have any of you guys thought about getting together and running a road like the dragon??
Been awhile since I been on it but isn't route 19 (I believe that is the right road) on the south eastern of Missouri a Hella of a curvy road?
Well there are LOTS of smooth windy roads in southern missouri. Has anyone thought about gathering up some weekend and do some exploring?
Maybe a road trip from St Louis go through mark Twain forest and to Cape girardeau, and stay off the straight major roads?

19 Is a nice drive but, it ain't the Dragon.

That said their are some roads in southern Mo that come close.

125 out of Sparta is wicked. And so is T which branches off of it at Oldfield and runs over to AVA MO.

181 is wild down from Dora to Gainesville. Pretty mill on the way to stop and see. Just about any road in Douglas, Christian or Taney County will scare the crap out of the timid. Even state road 14.

But none compare to the old Cherokee trail along the mountainside at Fontana.
For anything like that, we have to go to Arkansas.

Anyone up for a trip to these regions, I am in. But we will have to leave early and after a full day of driving, come home tired and late and have to put our Crossies to bed rode hard and put away wet.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 12-30-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher

Anyone up for a trip to these regions, I am in. But we will have to leave early and after a full day of driving, come home tired and late and have to put our Crossies to bed rode hard and put away wet.
I AM IN
I just remembered route 19 from going to eminence, MO.
I live 45 min north of Cape girardeau on IL side around 1.5 hrs south of St Louis (Murphysboro).
I travel so oooo many straights roads in the XFIRE during the week really want to get in a group for some curves. Just driving, not driving the limit of our cars on roads not known, just having fun with others that will not keep me from my family all weekend. Since I am gone Sunday evening to Thursday evening.
There has got to be something around that we could get a few cars to go.
I drive the wine trail right by my house. Shawnee wine trail has around 15+ wineries on it. Some good roads, but some of the roads went to crap from last winter.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:53 AM

Isn't there supposed to be some good roads somewhere close to poplar bluff?

U know of anything around mark Twain forrest? Not to far south of St Louis, for you guys up there.
Anyone live around south central mo. That could scout out roads, or have ideas on what to do that you know of??

Or just something around Farmington - potosi mo.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:45 AM

As far as Farmington area - there is a pretty good road from Ironton to Lesterville. I had to drive this darn thing every day for a couple weeks when I was working at Taum Sauk.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:09 PM

The drive from Eureka to House springs (109 to W to MM and even the section north of that is not bad.). But last time I was down that way they were straightening the road. BOO!!

Old 09-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Something I saw posted here today in a different thread
Located in St. Louis

Outstanding Parts Company

Originally Posted by ichon
Importapart | Delivering quality used parts for less
These folks are professional, informed and honest.
Check them out for all your parts' needs.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
St Louis group is not as active as before. I, along with others here, are seldom on the Forum anymore.

There is about 8 couples here and we still do things. Mostly coordinated on facebook.

We did a 240 mile away Dawt Mill week end on the white River, some winery runs, and the Collinsville Catsup run in Illinois.

Send me or ERZER a PM with yoru contact info, cell or landline, E-mail and I will get you involved with the group.

franc
Here is the link for this group on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117292364976145/

Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by VALK

Here is the link for this group on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117292364976145/
I problem
I don't facebook

Old 12-30-2014, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
I problem
I don't facebook

That's Okay. Neither do I.

Most of the gateway bunch left the forum when it became a boring repeat of the same old posts about the same things with our aging and no longer developing Crossfires. There were other reasons but I chose to be polite. A rarity in and of itself.

We will just have to do it the old fashioned way.

I check in at least once most days. PM me with questions or info. I always look for messages.

I will do the same.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:02 PM

Looks like I'm a couple years late to the party. So many forums have gone away since social media became such a presence. With all the good tech info I hope this forum thrives for a long time to come. I am right in the middle of some great roads between the lakes in Mark Twain area.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Then you are not far from Eureka Springs. Join us there for CAA8 at the end of June !

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...30-2017-a.html

and

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...a-springs.html

Old 05-03-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ultramac
Looks like I'm a couple years late to the party.
So many forums have gone away since social media became such a presence.
With all the good tech info I hope this forum thrives for a long time to come.
I am right in the middle of some great roads between the lakes in Mark Twain area.
As George said come join us in June
Click this link to see all the info for the big event in about 7 weeks and if you can join us simply post again it that thread

CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - June 25-30 2017

Old 05-03-2017, 05:09 PM

Welcome to the Forum. Gateway Group functions are frequent here in the St louis area. We sometimes get up around Clarksville/Hannibal. You are welcome to join in.

I'll send a short PM

Quick Reply: Gateway Crossfire Group