Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Kansas City Area Club?

Old 05-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City Area Club?

Ok. I've seen approximately 7 XCrossfires in the last two years in the Kansas City area. Is there an organization or club in the area? Anyone interested in starting one? We could ask the "Charters" how to go about it.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Kansas City Area Club?

I would be down. KC area Crossfire checking in. Not sure how much you are into social media. But a KC Crossfire facebook page might be a good idea. I could do this.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That sounds like a good idea to me.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:21 PM

Posted in the other thread too. I need people to add, won't let me set up a page without having another person on. PM me your name if interested and I will add you and get the page going.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:59 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1464490367195462/

Up and running. Ask for an invite.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would be interested in a KC Crossfire club. I don't have yime for facebook or much social media though. Let me know what I can do to help. I have a black 2005 SRT6 coupe and a black 2006 SRT6 roadster. Crossfires are awesome cars.
Thanks,
Robert Andrew
816-215-3430
robwandrew@mac-const.com

Old 07-21-2015, 12:07 AM

Seems like most of us Kansas City area forum users aren't too active on Facebook, is there another platform we could try to get some sort of a club organized. I would love to see all of your Crossfire's sometime this summer!

Old 07-21-2015, 01:53 AM

Facebook is super easy. You could just create a fake account if you are worried about your identity and join up. We already had a meet, and there was 3 of use that showed up at the end of June @ Cars and Coffee in Olathe, KS. Would be nice to get more Crossfire owners together on a weekend

Old 07-21-2015, 01:57 AM

Sounds good, I'll put an account together real quick and join!

Old 07-21-2015, 10:50 AM

There is a club. I think sometime in August would be good. Funny thing is that in the last two years, I'd only seen two Crossfires here in the Northland and I've seen one each of the last two weekends, a grey SRT and a black coupe. One driven by a woman, (the coupe) and the SRT by a man outside the Outlaw Cigar store on 64th. I waived at the woman.... and the gentleman and I waived and honked.

Oh, I forgot. Three weeks ago, I parked next to a XFire convertible outside the Barrywood 24 theaters!
'
So, I'm thinking that I'm going to get some "business cards" made with my name, the K.C. area club Facebook info, CrossfireForum.org, and my email so that I can put them under the windshield wiper or in the door frame, just to identify that we are here. And come on, admit it, you like seeing other XFires on the road! They are rare and very, very cool.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by tednite
There is a club. I think sometime in August would be good. Funny thing is that in the last two years, I'd only seen two Crossfires here in the Northland and I've seen one each of the last two weekends, a grey SRT and a black coupe. One driven by a woman, (the coupe) and the SRT by a man outside the Outlaw Cigar store on 64th. I waived at the woman.... and the gentleman and I waived and honked.

Oh, I forgot. Three weeks ago, I parked next to a XFire convertible outside the Barrywood 24 theaters!
'
So, I'm thinking that I'm going to get some "business cards" made with my name, the K.C. area club Facebook info, CrossfireForum.org, and my email so that I can put them under the windshield wiper or in the door frame, just to identify that we are here. And come on, admit it, you like seeing other XFires on the road! They are rare and very, very cool.
Brenda and I would certainly like to attend the next get together, as long as it is not August 8th. or 9th., because I'm taking my grandson to the Street Rod Nationals In Louisville. We like muscle cars and street rods also. If you would email me, or post an announcement on the Crossfire Forum, we will be there, and we would certainly help with the organization, if I'm in town.

I have a Facebook account, but I just have no interest or the time to jack around with Facebook. As I watch others, it becomes obvious that Facebook is an alien vortex that can consume your life and I have more to accomplish like building more cars, riding my bike, boating, spending time with my family, and tooling around in one of my cars; than playing with my phone or computer during my free time, which is very limited. I grew out of sports when I graduated from high school also, and I don't like TV either, so I guess that makes me a weird duck. I'm still a well informed, nice guy, so don't ostracize me, because I'm allergic to sports, smart phones, and computers.

Have fun!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew
Brenda and I would certainly like to attend the next get together, as long as it is not August 8th. or 9th., because I'm taking my grandson to the Street Rod Nationals In Louisville. We like muscle cars and street rods also. If you would email me, or post an announcement on the Crossfire Forum, we will be there, and we would certainly help with the organization, if I'm in town.

I have a Facebook account, but I just have no interest or the time to jack around with Facebook. As I watch others, it becomes obvious that Facebook is an alien vortex that can consume your life and I have more to accomplish like building more cars, riding my bike, boating, spending time with my family, and tooling around in one of my cars; than playing with my phone or computer during my free time, which is very limited. I grew out of sports when I graduated from high school also, and I don't like TV either, so I guess that makes me a weird duck. I'm still a well informed, nice guy, so don't ostracize me, because I'm allergic to sports, smart phones, and computers.

Have fun!
Here are my paternal twins. That is if I can figure out how to post a pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Kansas City Area Club?-pair-srts-1.jpg  
Old 08-02-2015, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew

Have fun!
Well said.
Your 2 Crossfires look gorgeous. Wow!

Old 08-02-2015, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 4drturbo
Well said.
Thank you. In 2004, my wife and I were driving south on I-95, in Florida, in our 39 Ford street rod, heading to Key West, long darn drive, when we were passed by a black Crossfire coupe. Neither of us knew what it was, so we sped up and caught the guy. I saw the Chrysler and Crossfire emblems and remembered reading an article in a car magazine about Chrysler coming out with the Crossfire, but didn't realize how beautiful they were. I told my wife I would like to have one one day, and my dream came true three years ago. We bought a 2004 black coupe, and now we are lucky enough to have a pair of SRT6s, including an 06 roadster. It never hurts to dream. Sometimes they come true........ Have fun.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:23 PM

1st KC Crossfire Owners Meet
Where: Bass Pro Shops
12051 Bass Pro Dr.
Olathe, KS 66061
(North end parking lot, to the left of the picture)
When: 6:30pm Aug 23rd Sunday (THIS Sunday)
Be sure to clean up your rides. Since there is not many of us, lets all park next to each other so we can get some group photos of our sweet unique rides

Old 08-18-2015, 04:55 PM

1st KC Crossfire Owners Meet
Where: Bass Pro Shops
12051 Bass Pro Dr.
Olathe, KS 66061
(North end parking lot, to the left of the picture)
When: 6:30pm Aug 23rd Sunday (THIS Sunday)
Be sure to clean up your rides. Since there is not many of us, lets all park next to each other so we can get some group photos of our sweet unique rides
Thanks for planning this event. Brenda and I are looking forward to meeting everybody. I'll be sure to blow the dust off the car on the way over to Bass Pro, at about 120 mph, so we can get good pics If it's raining, I assume we will try to arrange a rain date. I'll bring the 05 SRT coupe in the rain, but I don't think we will take the 06 SRT roadster out if the weather isn't good. Have fun!

Old 08-18-2015, 05:12 PM

Well said.
That picture of your car is as cool as it gets. Great composure and awesome car.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:01 AM

Thank you! Great meeting you Robert and your lovely 06 SRT. I posted some pictures on the KC Crossfire Facebook page if you are interested.

Old 09-20-2015, 01:32 AM

Next KC Crossfire meet. (Posted on KC Facebook page)
KCI Cruise Specialty Car Event
Saturday, September 26
3 p.m. until dark

Enjoy a car event with the entire family near Kansas City International Airport! Last year we had more than 800 cars and motorcycles on display!

FREE ADMISSION!! FREE CAR ENTRY!!

Hundreds of classic cars, muscle cars, hot rods, rat rods, exotics, imports and bikes will be on hand. Bring any vehicle you think is worthy of displaying and don't worry about registration or judging. A Moon Bounce inflatable will be available for the kids. Hot dogs and branded refreshments $1 each. Bring lawn chairs and shade!

$1 per chance to score great prizes and the 50/50 drawing!

12200 NW Ambassador Dr, Kansas City, Missouri

Over 800 cars last year, probably more this year.

CYA there on Saturday.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I spotted a SSB coup with a large NY Yankee logo on the back window around 8:30 this morning west-bound at 103rd & State Line. Anyone on this forum? If so, please consider joining the KC Area Club.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kansas City Area Club?