New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

What's next for -N-E-X-?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's next for -N-E-X-?

I know I'm curious. What's next for -N-E-X-? We're heading into the summer months when we may be going in opposite directions on vacations, and getting the whole group together may become more difficult. We should be talking about future events now while we have the momentum going. We certainly had a good crowd for the Newport Cruise. What a great time! What a great group!

I'm sure many of you may be able to squeeze in another event during the summer but that's a tough time for me personally because of my boating. On the other hand, if any of you are planning to attend some of the area (MA/RI/CT) car shows during the week, I would be interested as long as I wasn't away at one of the islands off our coast. It would be nice to establish a Crossfire presence at some of these car shows even if it was just a few of us. If you know of a cruise night that would be fun to attend, let us know and maybe a few of us can make it there.

Any ideas about a cruise in September or October? Maybe another late summer cruise on the Cape while the weather is warm? Perhaps a foliage trip when the leaves are turning in western Massachusetts along the Mohawk Trail? Maybe a coastal trip through Gloucester and the Cape Ann area? Jen mentioned Hampton Beach and she will bring her now famous "turtles". Do any of you know of a similar setup to Colt State Park where we could have another cookout?

Let us know what you think would be a great cruise for our group. Let's keep a good thing going.

Bob

Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What's next for -N-E-X-?

I'm in for a fall tour of the western parts of Ma. I did one a few years ago. Lots of picture spots and some roadside rest areas to eat.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM

well in Metrowest there are a lot of night car cruises ... Crusin at Nicks is opening again! Does anyone know of that one? Back in the day ( i was an origional ice cream scooper girl) Nicks was a smallclam/ice cream shack on rt 135 in Natick. People came far and wide with awesome cars...all oldies. It was a tradition.. then Nicks was taken over by his son (and was now called Nicholas Restaurant... greek food... ) and they got rid of the car show.. BiG MISTAKE. anyway.. .This year Nick bought a piece of land in ashland on rt 126 and the car cruise is open this summer... should be fun.. if you are local to the Ashland area it would fun.. Bob Attleboro isnt that far... Derek you too!

I think its on Saturdays...

there is also a show on saturday mights during the summer in Milford.. at the Cliquioui Club.. on rt 109.. .( i don think i spelled that right)

i know there are others in this area.. i just have to think of where...

Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Forum Regular

Jen and Bob, we have been doing the local scene here for a long time. One of the better ones is Autos of the World In July at Goddard Park in East Greenwich, RI. I won a first place trophy last year for my class.
We also do the Oakland Beach Car show. One side is for Oldies and the other for newer specialty cars . Last year we had 4 or 5 Crossfires, I'd love to have more this year. We also did another one at TGI Friday's but the management isn't doing it this year, once I find out where, I'll let you know.
It's pretty much been Pete and I at these events, we do need a stronger crossfire presence to be seen.
One more worth mentioning is the one at Denny's just off of 95 South at exit 7, there's lots of cars there and lots of visitors. Plenty of stuff around here. RT44 in Johnston has an A&W where they hold them as well. I'll keep you posted as the season draws nearer. I'm glad that some folks want to do this. It's always fun and I always like talking to people that have never seen a Crossfire. Must have sold about 6 or 7, last year. Just from showing them my car. Ya think Chrysler would put me on the payroll!
Rick

Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Forum Regular

Weekends are tough during July and August especially because of my boating. Weeknights are better for me. The ones off of Rte 295 sound interesting. That is a short ride of roughly 20-30 minutes for me. I'll watch for car shows in this area and let you know what's happening. I saw somewhere there were going to be weekly or bi-weekly car shows at the new Bass Pro Shop at Gillette Stadium on Rte 1 in Foxboro. Plainridge Race Track at Rte 495 & Rte 1 has a few shows a year. I was also just checking Crusin' Bruce Palmer's site and notice various shows during the week. It would be great if we could muster up a half a dozen XFires or so for some of these shows.

Bob

Old 04-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm for hitting Car Shows too........ESPECIALLY Goddard and New England Nationals.