New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

Brimfield/Sturbridge/Quabbin Cruise

Old 05-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brimfield/Sturbridge/Quabbin Cruise

From the Clambake-v-Oink Roast thread several members have contacted me expressing an interest in an overnight stay in Sturbridge/Brimfield area. As the Brimfield Flea and Antique market is huge ( http://www.brimfieldshow.com/ ) people have asked about a cruise to the market between Sept 6 and 7th. Suggestions were Saturday at the Fair and a local area Sunday cruise. Those that do not wish to stay over can meet us for the cruise on Sunday and whatever food service we decide on. Clams seem to be out. Pig Roast or mexican are both fairly inexpensive with one easier to prepare than the next. Also Saturday can be used to tour Old Sturbridge Village and shops for those not wishing to browse the fair. My personal e-mail is nex.nightrider@yahoo.com if you feel shy about public posting. We have small activities in mind for the summer but this would be weekend after Labor Day Finale (with a possible foliage ride depending on interest and gas prices.

Sturbridge was chosen due to its more or less central location and plentiful varied activities. If I get enough early interest I will try to get us discounts for motel and/or campgrounds and attractiions. No promises there but I will try.

B Dawg

Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Brimfield/Sturbridge/Quabbin Cruise

Sounds good to me. I would more then likely drive down both days as it's not that far. My wife baby sits on sat. so I would have to go solo. She could make sunday though. Right now that week looks good for us. A fall foiliage run would be fun again also. I will find my thread and post a link here.

Thread/pics was on the other site.
http://www.crossfirecommunity.net/De...ge%20tour%2005

Last edited by crossfirefun; 05-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.