New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

Bass Pro Car Show at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bass Pro Car Show at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA

They had a car show at the Bass Pro Shop on Rte 1, Patriot Place/ Gillette Stadium in Foxboro MA last night. I read about it in my newspaper that morning and was chomping at the bit to go. As luck would have it, the bride had gum surgery in the late afternoon so she was tops on my priority list, and I didn't attend the show. But on the way home from the Doctor's office, I drove by the Bass Pro Shop and the place was packed. It was a perfect night for it with no rain and temps in the mid 70's.

I've been to numerous local area shows so I'm somewhat familiar with the regulars who attend. I do know at a quick glance there were many cars attending that I hadn't seen before. I will try to find out if there will be more shows schedule for Bass Pro and report back. Bass Pro is a destination itself but to add a car show really makes it more worthwhile to be there.

Bob

Old 05-11-2008, 04:31 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Bass Pro Car Show at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA

This is news I was glad to read. The car show at the Bass Pro Shop at Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots, will be held every other Thursday throughout the summer! Info about the show can be found at this site www.masscruisers.com and if any of you are interested in attending as a group, please let me know. I know I'll be there when time permits.

The Bass Pro Shop is a destination itself. Even my bride wants to go because of the mall there called Patriot Place. Great stores such as "Bed, Bath & Beyond", "The Christmas Tree Shop", "Staples", " Linen & Things", " Off Broadway", etc.

Plenty more is planned for Patriot Place and there is quite a bit of construction going on right now. Check out this site for more info on Patriot Place, www.patriot-place.com .

Bob

Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Forum Regular

North, I'd be glad to come and bolster the Crossfire presence!!! Hell, it'll be fun. Let's see if others chime in and want to come.
Rick

Old 05-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Forum Regular

The next show at the Bass Pro Shop is Thursday, 5/22/08. According to www.masscruisers.com the show begins at 5:30 PM. I'm going to try to make it there if possible. Unknown if there ever have been any Crossfires in attendance. For those of you who are not able to hit this particular show, I'll give you a report after I attend.

Rick, I'll let you know my plans about a day before re what time I'll be able to be there and of course what the weather will be like. If you are planning to attend, maybe we can meet along the way so when we go in we should be able to park next to each other.

Bob

Old 05-14-2008, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Crossfire Trail
North, I'd be glad to come and bolster the Crossfire presence!!! Hell, it'll be fun. Let's see if others chime in and want to come.
Rick
chime ...chime... chime... lol... i will be going on the 22nd... but it is bike nite there for me! I will be taking the Harley

i would be glad to try to connect with you guys though... even though i will be hanging with a different croud hehehehe

Old 05-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Forum Regular

Bob and Jen, that sounds like a plan. I happen to think that Jen can hang with me anytime, I'm sure north feels the same. As for anything else, we need to get some more club involvement going here. Nightrider and I have been discussing that and there have been a few posts mentioning a few thoughts on something we can do as a group. The Cape was fun and Newport was a blast. We need to keep some sort of momentum going. I know that Bob has the boat and summer is boating season but we should be able to plan something. Asking for more CHIMES on this one, folks!!! Please let me know what y'all are thinking. We have a great thing going here and I personally want it to continue.
Down from soap bax now, Rick

Old 05-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cross+Fire+06
chime ...chime... chime... lol... i will be going on the 22nd... but it is bike nite there for me! I will be taking the Harley

i would be glad to try to connect with you guys though... even though i will be hanging with a different croud hehehehe
Jen, ...Are you talking about Bike Night at the Outlaw BBQ next door or are the bike owners participating at the Cruise Night at the Bass Pro?

Bob

Old 05-15-2008, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Xfirenorth
Jen, ...Are you talking about Bike Night at the Outlaw BBQ next door or are the bike owners participating at the Cruise Night at the Bass Pro?

Bob
Bike owners are participating at the cruise night.. as least thats what my Metrowest HOG chapter calander says ..we are riding there from the HD dealership... as a group

Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Forum Regular

Okay, ...The reason I asked because I saw a sign at Dale Bishop's restaurant (Outlaw BBQ) announcing "Bike Night". Dale's restaurant is on the right just before you pull into the access road to Bass Pro off the northbound lane of Rte 1. I think the "Bike Night" thing may be every Thursday during the summer but I'm not sure.

Bob

Old 05-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Forum Regular

The weather doesn't look good for the show tonight. It may get rained out. I guess time will tell.

Bob

Old 05-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Forum Regular

Well it's roughly five-thirty and the sun is out! I'm will be heading for the car show in about a half hour. I'll let you know if I see any other Crossfires there.

Bob

Old 05-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Forum Regular

The count on deck was "one". I was the only XFire at the show. I asked the guy at the gate if a car this new was allowed. He looked and said, "It's a 2-seater so you're welcome anytime." He was probably just joking because there was a new Saleen Mustang on display.

They had a great group of cars and a nice crowd looking them over. I ran into a couple of old friends I hadn't seen in awhile. One had graduated to a new SRT8 Charger, black on black. It's quite the car. I wonder what if would be like it they made it in a 2-door. Lots of cars from the 60-70's era. More Chevy products than other makes.

I would definitely recommend this show if you are from the area. They had a DJ playing oldies and did the usual half & half. Food and drink were available inside the Bass Pro Shop. They open at five and shut down at eight.

Bob