New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

A wonderful experience deserving credit!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A wonderful experience deserving credit!!

About two weeks ago, I got a new set of tires for my car. Goodyear Eagle F-1 A/S. I got them shipped to my home from CA. During this time I let them set as I was thinking of buying a roadster. That didn't go so well, did I mention that I really dislike dealers, those that try to put the screws to you? With that being said, I called off that plan and decided to keep my baby and to finally put the new tires on.
I had called a few places and was given several prices, Sullivan tire wanted to charge me $75.00 per tire to mount and balance all four. Town Fair didn't want to touch them at any price. I wouldn't go to Pep Boys on a bet.
I ended up calling The Tire Warehouse which has several stores throughout New England. I spoke to a kid named Shawn in Cranston on RT-5. He told me that it would be $78.00 for all four. I went there and was pleasantly surprised at the service and the quality of work, they even put in the nitrogen. At the end of all this I got a bill for $81.00. The tires are perfect and they will fix them at any time, if I lose some nitrogen, the'll refill them for free.
It's not that often that I get a chance to say something really good about a place of business that goes above and beyond. This is such a place. I trust it enough to send anyone there. Shawn says that all the stores are pretty much run the same way. That's good enough for me. If any of you go just mention NEX and get a special price. Service with a smile. I like that very much.
Rick