New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

Getting ready for spring with a new cruise idea.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready for spring with a new cruise idea.

Howdy all, hope you are all warm and toasty and free from any ailments caused by this tough winter.

Here's the plan, or the beginnings of it. I'm sure everyone has heard of a snipe hunt. If not, forget what you did in school, this doesn't apply.
This is a fun thing for as many people that want to attend. I'll need to know how many people to plan for and I'll explain why.
This thing will start at a pre-selected destination. Once everyone has arrived, we will have a little meeting to discuss the rules of the cruise. Everyone will be given the same set of instructions that will lead you to destination number two. There will be stps along the way where you will be asked to find certain objects or landmarks, you will write them on your answer sheet and place anything found there as well. Once you have reached the end of that first leg, you will be given a set of directions and such, to reach destination number 3, doing the same things you did on the previous run and so on, until you reach the final destination which will be some sort of eatery that will be able to accomodate the entire crew. You will buy your own meal or meals because you will probably want a navigator with you in your car. The whole thing should take about 3 hours to complete with dinner being the final stop. There will be rest areas along the way for bathroom breaks etc. Places to stop will have food and you will be encouraged to eat and sample some of the things enroute.
I promise that this will be an event to remember so let's start now to make plans to attend. I may ask for a $5.00 0r $10.00 fee to defray costs of trophies for the winners and runners up. Those will be decided by several factors. Not the speed in getting to the end but by the correct answers to the questions as well as items found.
That's about the size of it. I truly hope that we have a lot of people and cars entering this new cruise. Feel free to PM me with any relevant questions. I may also need a few people to man the locations and hand out directions. Please let me know asap. Thanks, Rick (Crossfire Trail)

Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Getting ready for spring with a new cruise idea.

Got u covered ole buddy

Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Crossfire Trail
Howdy all, hope you are all warm and toasty and free from any ailments caused by this tough winter.

Here's the plan, or the beginnings of it. I'm sure everyone has heard of a snipe hunt. If not, forget what you did in school, this doesn't apply.
This is a fun thing for as many people that want to attend. I'll need to know how many people to plan for and I'll explain why.
This thing will start at a pre-selected destination. Once everyone has arrived, we will have a little meeting to discuss the rules of the cruise. Everyone will be given the same set of instructions that will lead you to destination number two. There will be stps along the way where you will be asked to find certain objects or landmarks, you will write them on your answer sheet and place anything found there as well. Once you have reached the end of that first leg, you will be given a set of directions and such, to reach destination number 3, doing the same things you did on the previous run and so on, until you reach the final destination which will be some sort of eatery that will be able to accomodate the entire crew. You will buy your own meal or meals because you will probably want a navigator with you in your car. The whole thing should take about 3 hours to complete with dinner being the final stop. There will be rest areas along the way for bathroom breaks etc. Places to stop will have food and you will be encouraged to eat and sample some of the things enroute.
I promise that this will be an event to remember so let's start now to make plans to attend. I may ask for a $5.00 0r $10.00 fee to defray costs of trophies for the winners and runners up. Those will be decided by several factors. Not the speed in getting to the end but by the correct answers to the questions as well as items found.
That's about the size of it. I truly hope that we have a lot of people and cars entering this new cruise. Feel free to PM me with any relevant questions. I may also need a few people to man the locations and hand out directions. Please let me know asap. Thanks, Rick (Crossfire Trail)
I have done this before, it's a rally. This one sounds like a "gimick Rally"
They are really FUN! And I think I payed $ 12.00 last time. Won a trophy once. There are Time- Distance rally also. I live too far to join, Good luck!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Forum Regular

Yes it is a rally, just with more stuff to do. I did a poker run at the end of last season with the hot rodders and I had a great time. Thanks for your help nightrider and for your insight, waynesworld.
Hope I get a lot more takers. because this is so much fun.
Trail