New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

Central Dodge - trained tech huh?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Zad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Dodge - trained tech huh?

So my warranty (in service date Feb '07) is up Feb 1st so i brought in the srt6 to get my heated seats fixed. My IC pump has also been acting up. I've never replaced the pump but I figured I'd see if I could get a free replacement.

I dropped off the car last night and they called me this morning. The service manager, Bruce, tells me that his xfire tech says my car doesn't have an intercooler. Only turbo cars have intercoolers.... i'm scared for my poor little xfire.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the OEM pump (other than the Bosch number) and the OEM intercooler. I don't even care if they replace it at this point, I'd just like to point out to them that the car indeed has these parts in it!

Thanks,
Nick

Old 01-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Central Dodge - trained tech huh?

Pump - 5135368AC Intercooler - 5135362AA

Last edited by robby363; 01-28-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Zad
So my warranty (in service date Feb '07) is up Feb 1st so i brought in the srt6 to get my heated seats fixed. My IC pump has also been acting up. I've never replaced the pump but I figured I'd see if I could get a free replacement.

I dropped off the car last night and they called me this morning. The service manager, Bruce, tells me that his xfire tech says my car doesn't have an intercooler. Only turbo cars have intercoolers.... i'm scared for my poor little xfire.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the OEM pump (other than the Bosch number) and the OEM intercooler. I don't even care if they replace it at this point, I'd just like to point out to them that the car indeed has these parts in it!

Thanks,
Nick
Get everything in writing, as on Feb. 2 they may suddenly find that you do have one and want you to pay. If you pay they will make more money.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

My car is at the dealer for a transmission that is in limp mode.
I told the service rep that it was the trans control module and I know this because I took a known good one from my other car and the "broken" car worked fine.
Got a call and they said it's the valve body. So they are going to order a valve body, install it and find that the problem still exists.
Meanwhile I'm without my Baby!

Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 PM

If they can't find the pump and the intercooler tell the dumba$$ to look in the SRT 6 sevice manual in group tab 7 - 12 COOLING - SERVICE INFORMATION if the trained tech still doesn't have a clue. They will find all the info there to maybe learn something.

Last edited by robby363; 01-28-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Zad

So I called up Central and spoke to my good friend Bruce again. He says his tech now says that's a coolant pump but it's not related to the supercharger and doesn't affect performance. Very nicely i asked him to look up the part numbers you fellas have given me.

I told the guy, I know you won't even fix it at this point because you can't duplicate the problem but I want you to know that those parts are actually in the car.

This is like that Seinfeld where George's Twix bar is stolen at the dealership...

My wife is joking that to prove that the intercooler doesn't exist they'll remove it before returning the car.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:04 PM

If the pump isn't working it keeps the supercharger from operating when the temp gets to hot and then works again when it cools a little until the temp goes up again causing it to work intermittently. So tell them to guess again.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:12 PM

Is it Central Dodge in Norwood or Raynham?

Old 01-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Zad

Central Dodge in Raynham. Like i said, I almost don't care if they fix it. I imagine it's an easy enough job to do myself, I just want them to realize that their certified tech isn't certified to make me a sandwich.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:25 PM

Careful of Central, they broke more parts on my car than they fixed. Really bad dealership service, and not just on Crossfires. I don't have mine serviced in MA at all anymore

Originally Posted by Zad
So I called up Central and spoke to my good friend Bruce again. He says his tech now says that's a coolant pump but it's not related to the supercharger and doesn't affect performance. Very nicely i asked him to look up the part numbers you fellas have given me.

I told the guy, I know you won't even fix it at this point because you can't duplicate the problem but I want you to know that those parts are actually in the car.

This is like that Seinfeld where George's Twix bar is stolen at the dealership...

My wife is joking that to prove that the intercooler doesn't exist they'll remove it before returning the car.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:51 PM

i was having the car dies/no start issue. got the run around from newport dodge/chrysler. finally went to bristol dodge/chrysler (wife actually took it in, i was deployed). i had her tell them what the problem was and to replace the rcm and cps. they did so with no questions asked. have had a different vehicle serviced there also, another good experience

Old 02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Forum Regular

Can anyone post other service centers around that have a good xcrossfire tech. Central doesn't sound too good. Thanks for the warning -- I was going to take my car to Central in Norwood.

thanks

Old 02-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zad,
Sounds like you should get your car out of there and bring it to Bristol Dodge.