Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meet,Greet & Shoot, May 15th

Meet, Greet, & Shoot

Date:Saturday, May 15, 2010
Time:11:00am - 8:00pm
Location:Connecticut College Arboretum in New London CT ( Connecticut College : Arboretum - The Arboretum )

Description

After getting feedback the MG&S will be held at the Connecticut College Arboretum in New London CT ( http://arboretum.conncoll.edu/ )on the 15th of May Rain date 16th. This location was chosen as it seems centrally located amoung our members. Second place was Boston. as we have several members on motorcycles and cars attending I tried to keep traffic/parking in mind.

The Arboretum is 750 acres and the mid-May blossoms should be peaking on these days. The arboretum has a good size pond, ancient stone walls, hardwood forest. trails and diverse habitats with plenty of area to be alone or together. This site does not charge admission but donations are appreciated. In immediate area we have dunes, lighthouse and a small city (New London).

The beginning time is anywhere between 11 AM and Noon. At end time was designed only because it is requested when creating an event. The end time is open.

If we want to eat together, there are several places, one place not far from the college is Ed's country Kitchen. The reviews vary on the internet. However, from a personal note, the New London Harley Davidson chapter has met there for years, never received a bad meal there. We do not have to be limited to this site, it is just a suggestion. There are many places to dine as well as see and experience.

Hi all, There are few (5)of us going to this. I would like to invite any other members of NEX that are not on Facebook and didn't see this event. Please chime in and let us know if you would like to attend.
Stan

Old 05-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Meet,Greet & Shoot, May 15th

Does anyone want to coordinate a time and meeting place so we can trip down here together? I am sure it will be Robby363 and I leaving MA and meeting up with Crossfire Trail in RI and continuing down 95 to New Britain. Stan

Last edited by blackxfire; 05-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.