New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

My Crossfire is gone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Crossfire is gone!!!

As some of you that know me may have heard through the grapevine, as it were. I have traded my lovely Crossfire roadster and my lowly '91 Isuzu Amigo truck, on a 2011 Mini Cooper. Some of you may also know that I lost my Mother 2 months ago and I redid my house, all of which happened in a very brief time and all were time consuming. But I always had my Crossfire to go back to. Seemed like endless days where I just couldn't drive her. Then the snow came and I couldn't start the truck.
I had recieved an invitation to go look at the new 4 door Mini and I went, not thinking of doing anything but test driving a couple of cars. As luck would have it, I drove a Mini Cooper S and fell in love but my pocketbook and the car didn't agree. However, the Cooper was within range and I found what I wanted. We agreed on a Price and amounts for my trades.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and this was one of those times.
I loved my Crossfire and still love the cars. The idea of keeping it locked up for the winter and not being in the position financially to buy another truck of any worth, I elected to do this instead. I now have a car that I can drive year round that has a great fun factor as well.

Next month I lose $10,500 worth of income and with the economy the way it is with double digit inflation, gas prices skyrocketing, things were looking gloomy for the future.
Please don't feel as though I have let you down or NEX, for that matter. I simply can not afford to continue.
Inskip Motors has my Xfire on the lot for a small price, $14,008 and it has all the goodies with it. I have the windscreen and an extra set of mats as well as a Bra that fits well and was only used slightly, for sale. PM me if interested. I will post a few pictures of the mini on here.
Thanks to all who have befreinded me and spoken kind words, I hope that this explaines my decision well enough for all to understand.
Rick

Attached Thumbnails My Crossfire is gone!!!-p1018124.jpg   My Crossfire is gone!!!-p1018129.jpg  

Last edited by Crossfire Trail; 01-10-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My Crossfire is gone!!!

I'm sorry you have to sell the beast. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Max
I'm sorry you have to sell the beast. Good luck.
Thanks Mr. Max, for the kind words. I really had a tough decision. I'm very happy with the Mini though. Guess I have to look for a Mini Club now!!!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crossfire Trail
Thanks Mr. Max, for the kind words. I really had a tough decision. I'm very happy with the Mini though. Guess I have to look for a Mini Club now!!!
Minis are cool, I had one of the original ones back in 1969. It wasn't an S but it was still a lot of fun. Happy motoring.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Life happens and times change, sorry to see that you had to make that choice , but the Mini looks pretty sharp and looks like it would be a lot of fun. Good Luck with it and enjoy
I have never driven a Mini but I have heard very good things about them.
I know a guy who bought a blue one that turned out to be purple but can't really fault the car for that...

Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 PM

It's called " Do the best you can" I love my XF just like you loved yours. The Mini is a great little car, I am positive it will keep a smile on your face. Enjoy it. you can still keep us in contact with what your doing. It great that the forum is open. Again Enjoy!
Dave
dtinker

Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good Luck in the Future!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RickZ
Life happens and times change, sorry to see that you had to make that choice , but the Mini looks pretty sharp and looks like it would be a lot of fun. Good Luck with it and enjoy
I have never driven a Mini but I have heard very good things about them.
I know a guy who bought a blue one that turned out to be purple but can't really fault the car for that...
Thanks for the kind words, The mini is a sharp one and it handles like it's on rails. This is #2 in the family as my wife has an '08 that she bought new. She drives a lot of miles with it and get's an average of 34 MPG. I have not had a chance to test it's capabilities as far as MPG yet, it has an onboard computer that does that for you and it's telling me I am getting 25.5 in the city. Beats my xfire as far as that goes.BTW, the yellow, sometimes looks greenish, just the kind of color and paint the use. Pretty interesting when you think about it.

Last edited by Crossfire Trail; 01-11-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
Good Luck in the Future!
Thanks Larry, I appreciate it.
Rick

Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dtinker
It's called " Do the best you can" I love my XF just like you loved yours. The Mini is a great little car, I am positive it will keep a smile on your face. Enjoy it. you can still keep us in contact with what your doing. It great that the forum is open. Again Enjoy!
Dave
dtinker
Yes it is. You know, the funny thing is, I paid my dues in December and bought the car in January. You'd think they'd cut me a break and give me a refund, especially since I didn't get a packet or an email confirming they got it. PayPal was the way I paid, all they had to do was send a refund to them. The way things are now, that $25 bucks could buy me a gallon of milk!!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a brand new Mini Cooper S in 2004 Black with all three packages. It is the only car I loved as much as my Crossfire. I always thought is was the most fun you can have at 27mpg. I know you will love your new ride. They do handle like go carts. One time I was doing about 40 and my son was giving me directions. All of a sudden he yelled "we were supposed to turn there!" He thought we had missed the turn. I whipped the wheel and we made the turn. We couldn't believe we made a turn that looked like we had already missed! Guys don't try this in your Crossifire. I used to sell a big brake kit for the mini. It wasn't my day job and when things got to where I couldn't keep up with the orders, I sold the business to Detroit Tuned. You may want to check out their site. BTW, just about all S owners mod their cars.

Last edited by LantanaTX; 01-12-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I bought a brand new Mini Cooper S in 2004 Black with all three packages. It is the only car I loved as much as my Crossfire. I always thought is was the most fun you can have at 27mpg. I know you will love your new ride. They do handle like go carts. One time I was doing about 40 and my son was giving me directions. All of a sudden he yelled "we were supposed to turn there!" He thought we had missed the turn. I whipped the wheel and we made the turn. We couldn't believe we made a turn that looked like we had already missed! Guys don't try this in your Crossifire. I used to sell a big brake kit for the mini. It wasn't my day job and when things got to where I couldn't keep up with the orders, I sold the business to Detroit Tuned. You may want to check out their site. BTW, just about all S owners mode their cars.
Thanks, I already love this thing. I suppose you never stop modding out cars, once you start, it never finishes.
Your car looks great and I'll bet it screws......
Rick

Old 01-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the new car Rick! I hope you get lots of happy miles with it. Great looking color. Post more pics when the mods start.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
Good luck with the new car Rick! I hope you get lots of happy miles with it. Great looking color. Post more pics when the mods start.
Thanks a lot Phil, I'm going to miss all the fun we had. Maybe you can get rid of the 500 and buy a Mini .........then you could be Mini-Fun, which would kind of be like having no fun, I guess then you'd have to change it to Lots'O-Fun....drive one and you will see.
Only kidding buddy.....

Old 01-12-2011, 06:34 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another Crossfire Mini owner! Woot!

I got my purple S last February, and I love driving it. In face, I usually put about 14,000 miles on my daily driver a year, I've already put 20,000 on the Mini and I haven't even had it a full year yet. I can remember a lot of summer days where I would just get in the car and go - nowhere in particular in mind, just enjoying the drive- motoring, as it were.

Since your wife has had one for a while I'm sure you already know about www.northamaericanmotoring.com (also know as NAM). It's a huge Mini forum, kinda like here, but it's so big, it doesn't have the friendliness/family feel that we have here. You may catch me over there too - same screen name, or you may see FP over there. He's got a Mini too.

Are you going to Minis on the Dragon this year?

Old 01-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Tom, your neglected 6 is feeling so betrayed

Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
just what I was thinking bluecoupe....there they go, pushing their go-cart forum....lol....have fun w/ your little cars...my son's best friend has one, and I have to admit, I took the go-cart out for a ride, and it was fun....but no, I won't own one....right now, I am thinking of selling out...as well...I am thinking really big wheels this time....if I do....stay tuned....

Old 01-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom2112
Another Crossfire Mini owner! Woot!

I got my purple S last February, and I love driving it. In face, I usually put about 14,000 miles on my daily driver a year, I've already put 20,000 on the Mini and I haven't even had it a full year yet. I can remember a lot of summer days where I would just get in the car and go - nowhere in particular in mind, just enjoying the drive- motoring, as it were.

Since your wife has had one for a while I'm sure you already know about www.northamaericanmotoring.com (also know as NAM). It's a huge Mini forum, kinda like here, but it's so big, it doesn't have the friendliness/family feel that we have here. You may catch me over there too - same screen name, or you may see FP over there. He's got a Mini too.

Are you going to Minis on the Dragon this year?
Thanks, I may see you on that forum...as for the Dragon, I have always wanted to do it just don't have the cash to do it...damn insurance policy gives up when I turn 65, that's this February 9th. I just got my last check. Between that and social security, I had enough to pay the mortgage. $500 a month will be missed. Got to sell some stuff, if I do, I might be able to make it.
Rick, Mighty-Mini

Old 01-13-2011, 11:41 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Hey, my 6 is getting a new lease on life with a new limited slip diff. So it's gonna be racing this summer! After I get the diff installed, I think I'm due to go visit Rob in Detroit.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Forum Regular

Congrats on the new toy Rick
Was a pleasure meeting you and the guys couple of summers ago
I know what your going thru felt a pinch here in Canada
Best to you and please stay in touch door always open

Steve

Quick Reply: My Crossfire is gone!!!