New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Extended warranty question

Old 09-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended warranty question

thanks for the invite To North Carolina sound exciting! this forum is very informative. I would like to tap into you Crossfire owners that have had your vehicles for more than a year. I bought mine and have yet to take it home to due to work being done on it. Power steering pump is being replaced by dealer, but I still have to get coolant take replace along with valve gaskets need to replaced. These were things I had inspected before I purchased. but it still really wanted it. my question with these things needing to addressed initially upon me owning the car. What do you guys think about an extended warranty on this vehicle and these vehicles in general? Do most of you buy extended warranty's? Have your expenses associated with ownership make you wish you had purchased one. I was thinking about buying through Chrysler because my miles are low enough to qualify. Love to get feedback from you all.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:00 AM
xme
Default Re: Extended warranty question

My general feeling on extended warranties is that someone much smarter than me has done the math, and knows that 99 times out of 100 they (the dealer) will come out on top. Generally speaking the quality of service I've received at dealers has been very poor anyways, to the point where I actually took my vehicle elsewhere in spite of the warranty. That being said, I've never taken the Crossfire to a dealer, just previous vehicles and I'm confident some here have had better luck than I. Personally I'd rather set aside bit of money for a potential problem than slowly give it to someone else on the chance there might be an issue. I might feel differently if I already had a good relationship with the dealership, or anticipated serious problems with the vehicle.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:10 AM

Thanks for your response

Old 09-02-2014, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by xme
My general feeling on extended warranties is that someone much smarter than me has done the math, and knows that 99 times out of 100 they (the dealer) will come out on top. Generally speaking the quality of service I've received at dealers has been very poor anyways, to the point where I actually took my vehicle elsewhere in spite of the warranty. That being said, I've never taken the Crossfire to a dealer, just previous vehicles and I'm confident some here have had better luck than I. Personally I'd rather set aside bit of money for a potential problem than slowly give it to someone else on the chance there might be an issue. I might feel differently if I already had a good relationship with the dealership, or anticipated serious problems with the vehicle.
thanks for the response

Old 10-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Extended warranty question

I bought my 2007 from Car-Max certified, bought their warranty 5 years or 70,000 miles with a $100.00 deduct in checking prices for the major items cheap insurance, I have had it for 4 weeks now at 39,000 miles so I feel secure. My warranty is for 5 years or 75,000 miles if Car Max does repairs the deductible is $50.00 hope I will never need it at my age will be 83 in 6 weeks don't do much of my car repairs anymore as I was a heavy smoker many years ago.

Last edited by jayloukakis@hotmail.com; 10-14-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing that concerns me most about these aftermarket warranties on the Crossfire, is who is going to perform the work? Does that Car-Max warranty let you take it to a Benz mechanic? In most places in the world the last thing you want to do is let Chrysler touch it. make sure you find a qualified mechanic.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Extended warranty question

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
The thing that concerns me most about these aftermarket warranties on the Crossfire, is who is going to perform the work? Does that Car-Max warranty let you take it to a Benz mechanic? In most places in the world the last thing you want to do is let Chrysler touch it. make sure you find a qualified mechanic.
Car Max or any mech. that I want or I can pay and they will send me a check it includes ever thing except brake pads and rotors or clutch normal wear items. all electronics, engine and transmission alternaters , radiator, starter. in checking prices from Chyrs. the alternater is discounted is over $900.00.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YIKES! That alternator at AutoHausAZ is only $187,94 after core charge. http://www.autohausaz.com/secure/PartImages/AL0787X.jpg

That's why I turn my own wrenches

Originally Posted by jayloukakis@hotmail.com
Car Max or any mech. that I want or I can pay and they will send me a check it includes ever thing except brake pads and rotors or clutch normal wear items. all electronics, engine and transmission alternaters , radiator, starter. in checking prices from Chyrs. the alternater is discounted is over $900.00.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
YIKES! That alternator at AutoHausAZ is only $187,94 after core charge. http://www.autohausaz.com/secure/PartImages/AL0787X.jpg

That's why I turn my own wrenches
If one is really interested in saving money, you can search out used parts that are super inexpensive and in my opinion work just as well... I've had a used alternator on my 2004 N/A for 8 months that cost 68.00 + shipping... most of the used parts have a millage ID...the one I purchased was taken from a wreck with 630 miles... Just talking...Carl