New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

recent grad, time to get creative

Old 05-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool recent grad, time to get creative

Hi guys I recently bought my 05 crossfire in march and haven't had much time to play around withit, with 7 classes and a full time job. But now that i'm out of college (UNT grad) I want to get my car looking/running its best. It's only a cheap "salvage" car but hey its what I could afford and its a crossfire with no payments! Anyway when I bought it, it was missing the Chrysler emblem and foglights on the front.. being a cheapskate I didn't want to spend 400$ on lights and 160 on a Chrysler ad... so I bondoed the hood indent flat, but now it looks a little off. do you guys think I should keep it "debadged" like this or suck it up and get the right piece?

As far as performance, it has a short "hot air" intake now which looks cool but probably isn't ideal. something i've noticed on a lot of cars is a heat shield sort of wall between intake and engine. you think blocking off the warm air would help or is it better just to route longer tubes through?

Anyway i've been looking through the forum a while and thought i'd finally say hi, sorry if this is a little long for a first post!

Old 05-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: recent grad, time to get creative

Welcome to the forum Unlimited, and congratulations on your recent academic accomplishments.
If you really want to make your car perform better, fabricating you own CAI is the way to go.
Just do a search, lot's of people have made their own. Of course NeedsWings is still the best way to go.
Having the fog lights are nice, but frankly, I wouldn't miss them. Besides, I'm sure you could probably find some sort of aftermarket "LED" lights to fill the hole that would look cool as well. With the grille that you have, I don't really miss the the Chrysler Wings that much either.
A lot of people are afraid of "Salvage Vehicles", but personally, I'm OK with them. Especially when it takes so little to "Total" these cars, that means there are many out there with very little damage that just need a little cosmetic repair to make em good as new. So what if it has a paper trail, if you get a good enough deal on it, you will have a great car that will be a joy to drive for years to come for just pennies on the dollar. I think that's a pretty good value no matter how you look at it.

Last edited by +fireamx; 05-29-2015 at 04:26 PM.