New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hello friends

Old 07-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello friends

I have just purchased my first car and it happens to be a black 2005 crossfire limited roadster, it was the best one i could find in my area even though it has some minor defects such as

1)windshield wipers wont spray water
2)rubber molding* of the doors isn't there
3)alarm system does not sound only light
4)hood support system was broken (ask me if you want advice on a quick easy fix)
5) passenger side window is foggy wont clean very well (has tints)
6) inside leather (black and white*) is dirty and hard to clean
7) tire pressure light is always on (previous owner told me it was because of the custom wheels)
8) radio screen is all fadey sometimes
9) smells like crayons

if any of you could offer some advice or help that would be much appreciated
would also appreciate tips on cleaning the interior parts or the convertible top

Old 07-31-2015, 06:38 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Hello friends

Hello and Welcome to the forum. Sorry no one jumped in to welcome you sooner . . .

Congratulations on your "new to you" black '05 Crossfire Limited roadster. We're glad you found us here. Please come to the forum FIRST if you have any problems or issues with your Crossfire and stay away from the Stealerships. Doing so will greatly improve your ownership experience.

You'll need to learn to use the "search" function of the forum to find answers to your issues. At the top of any page hover on the "tools" tab and then click on "advanced search". Enter a few key words on the subject you want (for example "crayon smell") and at the bottom click on "search now". Everything you ever wanted to know (and more) will magically appear. Read and do.

ENJOY YOUR CROSSFIRE!

PS - Regarding the "foggy" window. Someone installed cheap window tint. Get it removed and start over using only a quality HIGH PERFORMANCE window tint.

PPS - When you get a chance please click on the link below and update your profile so we know a bit more about you and don't have to ask basic questions (like where in South Florida are you located?) . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post812689

Last edited by RED DOG; 07-31-2015 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:05 PM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

The last two XFs I bought were 2200 and 800 miles from me, involved a one-way plane ticket each time, with a drive home in the new car. Best trips ever!
Finding the right car is almost never a "local" thing with these cars. My Ford Ranger I just got was 3 miles from home - but an XF is a different story.

As to item 3, let it go. Our cars are aging and the most common issue with the alarm is it going off when it shouldn't. (Unless you mean there is no beep when you lock it, but that is normal.)

Item 7 - the TPMS sensors in the wheels are ten years old, new batteries or new modules may be needed. Of course, if he didn't put the TPMS modules in, then there is your issue. If the tire modules don't transmit a status periodically, the light comes on, same as with a low tire. Base and SE models don't have the TPMS system - so it's no really big deal, I guess.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Item 8 - The factory radios are getting kinda old. If you go spend $80 at Best Buy, I think you will find (like I did) that the new head units today are far superior to what came in our cars. My radio was bad when I bought the car last month - the new JVC unit I got at Best Buy is AWESOME!!!

Old 08-01-2015, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
The last two XFs I bought were 2200 and 800 miles from me, involved a one-way plane ticket each time, with a drive home in the new car. Best trips ever!
Finding the right car is almost never a "local" thing with these cars. My Ford Ranger I just got was 3 miles from home - but an XF is a different story.

As to item 3, let it go. Our cars are aging and the most common issue with the alarm is it going off when it shouldn't. (Unless you mean there is no beep when you lock it, but that is normal.)

Item 7 - the TPMS sensors in the wheels are ten years old, new batteries or new modules may be needed. Of course, if he didn't put the TPMS modules in, then there is your issue. If the tire modules don't transmit a status periodically, the light comes on, same as with a low tire. Base and SE models don't have the TPMS system - so it's no really big deal, I guess.

By the alarm doesn't work i mean the panic button used to make the car make a really weird noise but now the panic button just makes the car light up like its at the club or something

Old 08-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by PimpDaddy
By the alarm doesn't work i mean the panic button used to make the car make a really weird noise but now the panic button just makes the car light up like its at the club or something
Batteries within the alarm siren are dead . . . There are a few options for you . . .

1) Leave it the way it is and don't worry about it.

2) Look here:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post770860

3) Upgrade to a Mercedes alarm siren part #1718205326. There may be other part numbers that will work but as far as I know this is the ONLY one proven to work. Prices on E-Bay are all over the place for that part. Suggest you wait for a good buy and try to get one that is from the newest model year donor car you can find (or you'll soon have the batteries going dead in your new siren too). Upgrading your siren will provide the added feature of chirping three times when you lock the car and chirping one time when you unlock the car. The alarm siren is located in front of the windshield in the center of the car under that plastic trim piece. A bit of a job to change it out but in my opinion worth the effort.

Please let us know what you decide to do and how you made out . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-01-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:13 AM

Sorry for the super late response I decided to leave it the way it was and now the alarm makes a weird bird dying sound

Old 09-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Administrator

The alarm is a nice touch that they added, but I'm not sure I'd ever spend any money on fixing it - my car never sits out where anyone could harm it anyway.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:34 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

As someone once said on this forum, if the car smells of crayons it is time you dated older girls.

The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (05-24-2023)
Old 09-25-2016, 05:59 PM
Received 523 Likes on 416 Posts

Welcome to the forum & congrats on your recent purchase, even if the car has issues. One think in your favor, any issue you have currently or will have in the future will most likely already have been addressed by someone on this forum. Probably the best group of car enthusiasts I've ever been associated with.

Later,

Old 09-29-2016, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
As someone once said on this forum, if the car smells of crayons it is time you dated older girls.
the first time my kids got in the car they both said it smells like crayons! ok smart guy , what is it ? I thought it might be the suede interior but op doesn't have an srt6 and he has the smell ? anyone know ?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by king happy
the first time my kids got in the car they both said it smells like crayons! ok smart guy , what is it ? I thought it might be the suede interior but op doesn't have an srt6 and he has the smell ? anyone know ?
Woody says it is the roof liner. He replaced it out and the smell went away.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but I don't have a roof liner , I have a convertible that has the roof stored in the trunk . wonder if it has penetrated the other fabrics and even with the top stowed still smells . Or other things in the interior also smell like crayons ?

Old 09-29-2016, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by king happy
but I don't have a roof liner , I have a convertible that has the roof stored in the trunk . wonder if it has penetrated the other fabrics and even with the top stowed still smells . Or other things in the interior also smell like crayons ?
I and others think that the smell is the adhesives used in the car. This adhesive is used in gluing the roof liner to the roof panel as well.