New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Crossfire won't start

Old 02-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire won't start

Hello All,
I am new here but have been following this site for several years and enjoy all of the information and the support everyone gives each other. My problem is my wife 2005 Crossfire failed to start after parking it. I have replaced the Crank Position Sensor with of from the parts store (not a Bosch, Will have to order) and removed the battery cables and it will crank twice and die each time. All of the lights, radio, windows will work. I can here the fuel pump when I turn the key to the start position. With no luck I pulled the RCM board and replaced with a new factory RCM board. The engine will still crank twice and go dead each time. What do I do now? I am lost at this point.

BWilson

Old 02-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire won't start

Sounds like a faulty CPS. Not a Bosch? Could certainly be the problem!

Old 02-01-2016, 07:13 PM

DO you know where I can get the correct part number for the Bosch CPS?

Old 02-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$ 33.28 right now on Amazon.com

Old 02-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BWilson
Hello All,
I am new here but have been following this site for several years and enjoy all of the information and the support everyone gives each other. My problem is my wife 2005 Crossfire failed to start after parking it. I have replaced the Crank Position Sensor with of from the parts store (not a Bosch, Will have to order) and removed the battery cables and it will crank twice and die each time. All of the lights, radio, windows will work. I can here the fuel pump when I turn the key to the start position. With no luck I pulled the RCM board and replaced with a new factory RCM board. The engine will still crank twice and go dead each time. What do I do now? I am lost at this point.

BWilson
The "crank twice and die each time" symptom is very important. I suspect you mean it starts twice then dies. Cranking is just turning to start.

The crank-start-die two times then nothing is a symptom of the SKREEM module not the CPS. To confirm this disconnect the battery then try to start the car. You get crank-start-die two times? If you disconnect the battery again do you get the crank-start-die two times again? If yes SKREEM module.

Last edited by KDW4Him; 02-01-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Hello All,

BWilson
A SKREEM problem as mentioned earlier.
If you have two keys try the other key.
Have you or anyone else been playing around under the dash?
You seem to have made the mistake of buying a RCM before you came here, you could have saved that money.
Use search and look for SKREEM, there is some current threads that have the latest info in them.
Click for SKREEM search.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:45 PM

Thanks for your support with this problem. To answer the first question to KDW4Him yes each time I Crank the car it starts twice and then dies. I disconnected the battery and reconnected the battery and again the car starts twice and dies twice. Onehundred80 no one has ever worked under the dash since I have owed the car for the past 3years. I will search for SKREEM as you mention. Is this a costly issue if it does turn out to be the SKREEM?

Old 02-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your support with this problem. To answer the first question to KDW4Him yes each time I Crank the car it starts twice and then dies. I disconnected the battery and reconnected the battery and again the car starts twice and dies twice. Onehundred80 no one has ever worked under the dash since I have owed the car for the past 3years. I will search for SKREEM as you mention. Is this a costly issue if it does turn out to be the SKREEM?
Before you ride that pony let's back up just a bit, immediately prior to the park and no start issue like I mean the same day, did you have any work done to the car if so what was it? Have you changed the battery if so is it the correct battery? These cars electronics are extremely sensitive, after you parked the car and then went back out to start it what exactly did it do? Did it start and then shut off or did it crank but did not start? It would be very helpful to have the exact order of events. When you changed the CPS did you disconnect the battery if so for how long? The devil is in the details.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

I am surprised that anyone named BWilson would drive anything but a T'bird, or did your daddy take it away?

Old 02-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

B. Wilson would be driving a 409, a fuelie Vette, or a little Deuce Coupe, his Girlfriend's "Daddy" yanked the keys to the Bird.

Last edited by +fireamx; 02-02-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums! Glad you got some help.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:13 PM

Hello David, There wasn't any work preformed on the Crossfire before this issue. The battery is the same battery we have been using for the last 3 years with no issues. My wife said she pulled up to a stop sign and a light on the right side of the dash flashed quickly and went off. She drove the car about a quarter of a mile and stop the car and turned it off. After 30 minutes or so she tried to start the car and it clicked and the car would start. I took the battery cables off and waited a few minutes and connected the battery and then the engine would turn over and start, run for a second and die. It would crank and run for a second and two times then nothing. Each time I disconnect the battery it repeated the crank, start, die. I had the battery disconnected when I changed the CPS. I hope this helps

Old 02-05-2016, 02:15 PM

HA HA.... B. Wilson would have drove a Crossfire if he would have had one

Old 02-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Hello David, There wasn't any work preformed on the Crossfire before this issue. The battery is the same battery we have been using for the last 3 years with no issues. My wife said she pulled up to a stop sign and a light on the right side of the dash flashed quickly and went off. She drove the car about a quarter of a mile and stop the car and turned it off. After 30 minutes or so she tried to start the car and it clicked and the car would start. I took the battery cables off and waited a few minutes and connected the battery and then the engine would turn over and start, run for a second and die. It would crank and run for a second and two times then nothing. Each time I disconnect the battery it repeated the crank, start, die. I had the battery disconnected when I changed the CPS. I hope this helps
Unfortunately, the above description is indicative of a failed SKREEM module, or a broken cable from it to the ignition key ring antenna.
Search using SKREEM and you'll find lots of info.
Basically, the security module and the chip in your key fob are no longer on speaking terms.
( This is not a common issue, and it sure ain't cheap to fix )

Old 02-05-2016, 10:51 PM

Was the light red or yellow and by any chance did she happen to notice which symbol it was? I know this seems like a lot of questions but in order to arrive at what it is you must first eliminate what it is not.

Last edited by kingdavid54; 02-05-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:36 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

yes each time I Crank the car it starts twice and then dies. I disconnected the battery and reconnected the battery and again the car starts twice and dies twice.
How many times have you done this?
Disconnected the battery, reconnect and try to start?

Old 02-06-2016, 03:40 PM

My wife says she thought the light was red, Kingdavid54. Speedy4x4 to answer that question I am not sure maybe a dozen but that is just a guess.

Last edited by BWilson; 02-06-2016 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Left out a word
Old 02-06-2016, 04:22 PM

My wife says she thought the light was red, Kingdavid54. Speedy4x4 to answer that question I am not sure maybe a dozen but that is just a guess.
Please bear with me just a little longer, by any chance did you happen to notice prior to this incident driving at night when you came to a stop did you notice a slight flicker of your instrument panel lights and/or headlights? And I noticed you said you've had the car about 3 years, did you put a battery in the car when you bought it?

Old 02-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Speedy4x4 to answer that question I am not sure maybe a dozen but that is just a guess.
There is the 15 start rule, after that it gets REALLY exoensive.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:51 PM

Well I am not a lucky man.............we could be at the 15 start. I have no way of no way of knowing for sure

Quick Reply: Crossfire won't start