New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Looking To Buy - Need advice

Old 09-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking To Buy - Need advice

Hi All ... new today to forum

Been looking for a bit ... I think i'll start slow before putting alot of cash out for the dream SRT6 convertible. Looking at a base 2005 roadster ... manual ... with 38K ... salvaged title ... no airbags deploy per shop. Been sitting for 2 years while being repaired. Advice is appreciated. Looking to get at the carfax info.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Looking To Buy - Need advice

Welcome to the forum. Frist thing is to find out why it has a salvage title, that will give you an idea of where to start. Look at an make sure all work was done and done right. A salvage title isn't always, a walk away, but it is a good bargaining tool.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:18 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by GoinGrayz
Hi All ... new today to forum

Been looking for a bit ... I think i'll start slow before putting alot of cash out for the dream SRT6 convertible. Looking at a base 2005 roadster ... manual ... with 38K ... salvaged title ... no airbags deploy per shop. Been sitting for 2 years while being repaired. Advice is appreciated. Looking to get at the carfax info.
Click here for good tips. CLICK
If you are going to get an SRT get it now it will be cheaper for you in the end, for instance you will only pay for any taxes and tests on one car, no repair costs to the first car etc.
I would not touch a salvaged car, you will lose even more money on it unless you are lucky.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:40 PM

Srt6 conv is around 15k ... What do you think I should pay for a 38k 6 speed conv that was salvaged? If all work done right and wasn't a major accident

Old 09-30-2016, 12:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

N.A.D.A. is $9775, clean retail. I'm not there to pick it apart, but you can. Is it at a car lot? Their going to start out about $11500, my guess, an that's ALL I'm doing is guessing. Check it ,drive it, sweat em over the title. That's a tool also. It's up to you, good luck, hope you get an 7K deal.

Last edited by Steve Jr; 09-30-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular

Look for another one.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:25 AM

wholesale dealer looking to get rid of it before winter ... i don't believe much of what anyone says ... asking price is under 6K ... would a carfax report provide any details of the accident? being told it was a fender bender ... no air bags deployed or anything blown ... but why would they total a fender bender with only 37K miles in 2012?

Old 09-30-2016, 02:11 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GoinGrayz
wholesale dealer looking to get rid of it before winter ... i don't believe much of what anyone says ... asking price is under 6K ... would a carfax report provide any details of the accident? being told it was a fender bender ... no air bags deployed or anything blown ... but why would they total a fender bender with only 37K miles in 2012?
Carfax won't provide much detail on the accident. If you can track down the insurance claim, prior owner or police report, you'll get the full story.

Just a guess, but ins co wouldn't total a fender bender. More likely, it was a significant hit and the cost of replacement parts moved it into the totaled category. Also, the replacement parts scarcity may account for it sitting in the shop for 2 years.

On the plus side, selling a salvage titled, discontinued-make roadster in the Fall in MA is tough. If you could get it for $3-4K (after it getting checked out by a good mechanic), I don't see how you can go too far wrong. If there are major land mines, you could always part it out and prob break even. I've got dibs on the trunk letters....

Old 09-30-2016, 03:22 PM

with a little detective work ... was able to track down someone that had a pic of the damage to the car ... only problem was ... they couldn't send it to me. She did describe the damage and it was able to be driven after the accident. She said she was surprised they totaled it from what she could see. Confirmed no air bags deployed. Does need rear tires. Price i'm seeing is around $200+ each and i need to get it home ... another $300 to rent a truck and trailer. Any other things i can whine about to try and lower the price?

Old 10-03-2016, 09:33 PM

Down to 5500 ... will probably let it go due to the salvaged title. No insurance issue in MA