New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

A work in progress...

Old 01-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A work in progress...

Howdy yall,

I've recently acquired a beautiful piece of machinery that needs a Lil TLC. My baby is a 2005 convertable.
when I got her she was already in need of some work. The dealership had just bought her at auction and really didn't know anything about her. They said the top didn't come down due to an electrical problem. Being I've never had a convertable and there is not an owners manuel... I've never tried. What is the procedure to lower and raise it? I'm worried I'll get it down and not be able to get it back up. Also, while on the topic of the top... she's pulling away from the back 'glass' should I replace the entire top or just reseal the glass? I've read some threads of repairing the glass, but, that consists of partially lowering the top....sigh....
there are other things with the top as well, but, I'll bring that back up later... one step at a time...

thank you for all your help in advance!!

Old 01-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: A work in progress..

Manual top operation courtesy of Pizzaguy :
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...operation.html

As to the back glass, there is currently an offering for a new top out of England for less than $500 delivered !
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post880167

As to the electrical problem, there are too many to list in relation to the top.

Where "South of Dixie" are you located, perhaps there is someone near you that can help ?

BTW: Welcome to the forum !

Old 01-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As it was stated...Welcome to the forum. You can download a copy of the owners manual by searching/ documentations an manuals or a few members have them highlighted in red as a link, as part of their signature. That should get you started an the link ala_xfire provided will keep you busy for a day or so. The man in the video isn't that pretty but he makes up for it by being smart an very helpful. lol... If "down south" is GA, you'll want to get to know him. You'll find a lot of those kind of guys an gals here ! Helpful that is..Enjoy the (s)miles!

Last edited by Steve Jr; 01-18-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 01-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alabama actually. Just read the replies! Thanks. The weather here is wet. Next pretty day.. guess what this chic is gonna be doing!

thanks yall!!

Old 01-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Welcome to our Forum & congrats on your recent purchase of a Crossfire Roadster. Everything you've shared with us has a solution somewhere within this site. I can't even recall finding an issue that wasn't already resolved by another owner.

Later,