New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

2006 Crossfire Coupe Help

Old 01-19-2017, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2006 Crossfire Coupe Help

Help I know this sounds lame, but my Crossfire is down and I was told it could be thousands to repair...Car just failed to start ... electronics has been a ***** even with Nichols Dodge out of Burlington NC dealership working on it... They performed a DRB III diagnostic scan to check for any fault codes in any modules on the vehicle. No diagnostic troubles codes were detected in any module at this time. We found that the vehicle would not engage the starter due to inop starter relay. Upon further inspection we found poor connection of the relay contacts. This led to the replacement of the pulse module due to the relay being integral of the module. After replacing the module we found the vehicle would engage the starter and crank the engine but the engine would not run due to the sentry key coding not being accepted by the powertrain control module. We then tested all the communication circuits between the skim module and PCM with no problem found. It has been determined at this point there is no translation of the variant coding between these two modules to allow the vehicle to run and operate at this time.
Point of Contact is:
Derek Simmons
336-264-2045

Any help would be appreciated
Kevin D Smith
919-599-1678

Old 01-19-2017, 04:32 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Crossfire Coupe Help

Just a suggestion but always use the search feature on this site before going to a dealer or repair shop. Many times the do more harm than good. Try typing in no start and you will get lots of info.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke49
Help I know this sounds lame, but my Crossfire is down and I was told it could be thousands to repair...Car just failed to start ... electronics has been a ***** even with Nichols Dodge out of Burlington NC dealership working on it... They performed a DRB III diagnostic scan to check for any fault codes in any modules on the vehicle. No diagnostic troubles codes were detected in any module at this time. We found that the vehicle would not engage the starter due to inop starter relay. Upon further inspection we found poor connection of the relay contacts. This led to the replacement of the pulse module due to the relay being integral of the module. After replacing the module we found the vehicle would engage the starter and crank the engine but the engine would not run due to the sentry key coding not being accepted by the powertrain control module. We then tested all the communication circuits between the skim module and PCM with no problem found. It has been determined at this point there is no translation of the variant coding between these two modules to allow the vehicle to run and operate at this time.
Point of Contact is:
Derek Simmons
336-264-2045

Any help would be appreciated
Kevin D Smith
919-599-1678
You might try this :
Possible SKREEM fix? By onehundred80
An earlier poster stated that this method of synchronizing the SKREEM was
apparently done to his original module in the Crossfire and worked. Possibly the
SKREEM module got confused and was able to be fixed just as you do when your
computer crashes, turn it off and reboot.
It is worth a try anyway.
From a later post by Obdof3, he replaced the SKREEM in this case, the earlier
poster just did the reset shown in bold text
“I changed out the SKREEMmyself. $200 Fix myself. Most of removing the SKREEM
are the sticky fix procedures removing lower panels. Gives access to screws to
remove instrument panel screws. Did not remove steering wheel. Took out
instrument cluster. SKREEM right behind it. Unplugged it and removed it. Called
SOS in California, they said they just replace them. No reprogramming them.
Quoted $395 for SKREEM. I called my local dealer, quoted me $200 for SKREEM.
Asked for my vin number, and car mileage. Ordered it, came back in 3 days.
Package wrap said came from MB in Texas for Chrysler. I plugged it in. Put back the
instrument panel and lower panels. Turned the key with battery disconnected to
drain the capacitors. Then connected battery, turned key to on position for
several minutes, sounded like things were reprogramming themselves, then
turned key off for one minute. Then started car as normal. Fired right up on first
try. Drives great again. Total work time to do it, maybe an hour and 10 minutes.
And the 3 day wait for the new SKREEM to arrive. No core required for old SKREEM,
no core charge. Just $200 part plus tax. Done deal. Hope this helps.”

Old 01-19-2017, 11:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AND...Welcome to the forum....Allllllllways start here first!!