New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hi All - and a ? about Flywheel Torque Specs

Old 02-11-2017, 08:44 PM
jmh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi All - and a ? about Flywheel Torque Specs

I joined a while back but not often online or posting.

I'd first like to thank the guys that put together the clutch replacement thread for the 2004 X-fire. Very helpful as that's what I'm going though right now.

I have a 2006 base model and wondering what the flywheel torque specs, and tightening pattern might be. I found the SRT Factory Manual but looking at that it seems the SRT doesn't have the dual mass flywheel I have so clamping requirements my differ.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Hi All - and a ? about Flywheel Torque Specs

The SRT6's are all automatics.

The 2004 service manual says :
2. Install the spacer and new flywheel/flexplate bolts (1).
Tighten bolts to 45 N·m (33 ft. lbs.)
3. Rotate the flywheel/flexplate bolts an additional 90° clockwise.
It does not mention any pattern.

Note : it is talking about NEW bolts, in the disassembly section it said to discard the flywheel bolts.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:19 PM
jmh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick answer (and why in name of all thing fun would they make the SRT6 all auto?!!!!).

Definitely a difference as the SRT say 45 deg after getting it seated. Now just to get the bolts and do some cleaning. Also need to think about what seems to be a valve cover leak on both sides but may do that after getting things back together unless there's a good reason to do so before.

Only keeping the old bolts to compare with the new ones.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by jmh
I joined a while back but not often online or posting.

I'd first like to thank the guys that put together the clutch replacement thread for the 2004 X-fire. Very helpful as that's what I'm going though right now.

I have a 2006 base model and wondering what the flywheel torque specs, and tightening pattern might be. I found the SRT Factory Manual but looking at that it seems the SRT doesn't have the dual mass flywheel I have so clamping requirements my differ.

Thanks in advance!
Go to this thread and see all the manuals you could ever want on the Crossfire. CLICK here
Go to the Parts and Service section and down load the 2005 Service Manual, look for the manual transmission chapter it has the flywheel specifications and instructions you'll find handy.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by jmh
Thanks for the quick answer (and why in name of all thing fun would they make the SRT6 all auto?!!!!).
Name one AMG product of that era that is NOT an auto. I do not think you will find one.