New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Member Ottawa Canada

Old 02-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Member Ottawa Canada

Greetings all, Steve here, recent new owner of 08 SSB Roadster Canadian market/metric vehicle. Car is in excellent condition with 41,000 kilometres. I'm a retired firefighter with a long standing interest in motorcycles and 70's vintage American muscle cars. Not formally trained as a mechanic but as a hobbyist I do okay around a wrench, better than around a computer. Last vehicle was a 1975 Bricklin SV1 which consumed a lot of my time and money for the last 8 years. I had a great time with it but the old age thing kept telling me it was time to move on to something more modern, reliable and comfortable and am happy to say the Xfire is more than what I had hoped for. For those who aren't familiar with the Canadian Bricklin, I attached a picture below.
With the Xfire tucked away til spring, I have been keeping occupied reading the forum and there is lots to read. Not new to forums, owning a car with no parts listing is tough without an owners forum and the Bricklin owners group had a great forum.
I will start by extending my thanks and recognition to the 'senior' or experienced members that have taken the time to resolve many common problems with the Xfire and also to take the time to share their knowledge and experience....this is an excellent forum thanks to you.
I did manage to hook up with some Xfire owners in the fall for a weekend drive through the mountains. Loved the car and met some wonderful owners, can't wait til spring.
Steve

Old 02-21-2017, 07:46 AM
Received 514 Likes on 410 Posts
Default Re: New Member Ottawa Canada

Congrats on your recent purchase of the 2008 Roadster & welcome to our Forum.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum! We will likely meet you in an upcoming cruise

Old 02-21-2017, 09:05 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Welcome to the forum here Steve
Several nice folks spread around up there in Canada
I'm happy you have already found some of them

Enjoy !! Gary

Old 02-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by steve1189
Greetings all, Steve here, recent new owner of 08 SSB Roadster Canadian market/metric vehicle. Car is in excellent condition with 41,000 kilometres. I'm a retired firefighter with a long standing interest in motorcycles and 70's vintage American muscle cars. Not formally trained as a mechanic but as a hobbyist I do okay around a wrench, better than around a computer. Last vehicle was a 1975 Bricklin SV1 which consumed a lot of my time and money for the last 8 years. I had a great time with it but the old age thing kept telling me it was time to move on to something more modern, reliable and comfortable and am happy to say the Xfire is more than what I had hoped for. For those who aren't familiar with the Canadian Bricklin, I attached a picture below.
With the Xfire tucked away til spring, I have been keeping occupied reading the forum and there is lots to read. Not new to forums, owning a car with no parts listing is tough without an owners forum and the Bricklin owners group had a great forum.
I will start by extending my thanks and recognition to the 'senior' or experienced members that have taken the time to resolve many common problems with the Xfire and also to take the time to share their knowledge and experience....this is an excellent forum thanks to you.
I did manage to hook up with some Xfire owners in the fall for a weekend drive through the mountains. Loved the car and met some wonderful owners, can't wait til spring.
Steve
Welcome, less of the old age thing. You are a mere babe in arms compared to some here.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

welcome to The Forum Steve. So happy you enjoyed our OCO Fall Color cruise to Mont Tremblant last fall. It was indeed a great event and had lost of fun. We have many more events set up for 2017, hope you have been receiving the emails
Paul & Gayle

Old 02-27-2017, 02:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the welcoming... and Paul, had a blast last fall, looking forward to meeting members on future trips...come on spring.