WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default re: WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special

FP... have you been practicing that little speach? good job!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

FP, you will like this. While at US41 playing with the car, I lined up against a full blown '56 Chevy...everyone I quess was laughing according to the young men in our group sitting in the stands. The tree lit up and we were off, reaction times near identical, 60 ft times nearly identical, 1/8 mi, nearly identical, finally losing by 8 car lengths...the old '56 had twice the HP...everyone kept coming around looking under hood, shaking their heads...who was this old guy with the little quiet sports car??? Finally with no Chrysler markings left on the car, they just had to ask, who made this car???

Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
FP... have you been practicing that little speach? good job!
LOL, nope just what what came to mind.

Call me FP-bama..

Old 07-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, my Crossfire is the overt expression of my true self. I work at a conservative job, live in the burbs and must dress professionally and appropriate for my age - solid citizen of my community. But when I get in my little red car, achachacha! The real me is on display for the world, hair blowing in the wind, driving my nubile machine as fast as the law will allow me, smile on face, suitable tunes blaring and I am free.....

Old 07-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

This was posted last year by FastFunFor2 and I think it is a great read......

I think the car looks great from any angle. The reason is that the body of the car is a skillful merging of two strong shapes. The wide front fenders taper to the rear and (on the coupe) the roofline and side glass continue the taper right to the rear bumper. Meanwhile, the wide and muscular looking rear of the car tapers toward the front, disappearing completely at the side strakes. Adding tension and tautness to the skin is a finely creased edge that runs from the taillights to the front wheelwell. As the dividing line between the two tapers, this edge reveals the exact point where the two shapes intersect right below the side mirrors. Here, seen as an enlongated "x," the horizontal top surface of the rear fender suddenly inverts to form the shadow detail above the strake. Also, the raised ridge that runs from the front splitter to the rear bumper is like the spine of an animal, a beast ready to spring forward. From bumper to bumper the designers have integrated these two shapes into a single form that is the embodiment of power, speed, and grace. I find it absolutely beautiful from every angle.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/270079-post2.html

Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some Automobiles fit you like a well broke in glove , you just feel at home when behind the wheel , The responce is instant and the lines of the car speak exotic . Top down warm fall day Blue Ridge Mtns , absolutely revives the soul . I'm hooked on my C/F

Old 07-21-2009, 10:31 AM

The Crossfire is a unique machine but I didn't realize just how special it was until I came out from shopping and a lady was laying hands on the car's roof. I asked here what she was doing that for and she told me she was praying to God so that she could have a car like this one. I carefully stepped around her, opened the door and drove away smiling.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
About a year or so ago, someone I can't remember came up with a tome about Crossfire ownership. I cannot remember the tome either but is was very good.

Can anyone remember?
This has to be included.

roadster with a stick

BTW Oledoc2U is absolutely correct. This car would not be half the fun, or value, without the Forum Members.
Franc, if you're speaking about a poem, something akin to an "Ode to a Crossfire" then I believe it was our resident Crossfire poet, Sonoronos. Now we just have to find the link to that thread!!

Old 07-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bosslet
The Crossfire is a unique machine but I didn't realize just how special it was until I came out from shopping and a lady was laying hands on the car's roof. I asked here what she was doing that for and she told me she was praying to God so that she could have a car like this one. I carefully stepped around her, opened the door and drove away smiling.
You should have taken up a collection.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is sonoronos manifesto

sonoronos

User Gallery
The Sports Car Manifesto - 06-20-2008 , 08:31 AM

You are a sports car driver. You have made a conscious decision, whether guided by morals, principles, or passion, to drive something that most people in their life only dream of buying. Whether large or small, you have sacrificed something to drive this car, whether it be a rear seat, a useable trunk, fuel mileage, regular dinners out, or even a significant other - you have made some kind of a sacrifice to put yourself in the driver's seat.

You are a sports car driver. Every time you take your car out on the road, you make someone's day. For every driver on a dreary commute, every child bored in the back seat, every young girl with four of her friends packed into a Subaru, every high school student in a beater, and every old man carting around his wife. When you appear, their entire attention is drawn to you, and for those precious few seconds, all their worries, concerns and drudgery fall away into nothingness, filled with an image of you in your car. Freedom.

You are a sports car driver. You are the leader. You own the road. If you go fast, you will get others to go fast with you. If you go slow, others will slow down to match you. You set the pace. On special days, you will find another sports car driver next to you. There will be electricity in the air. Everyone else will have their eyes on you. Wondering what the both of you will do. Will you peel out and drag race until the next intersection? Or will you both cruise gently into the distance? The choice is yours.

The world is yours! Remember that by choosing to drive your sports car today, you are having a positive effect on the world. The decisions you make behind the wheel make marks on the world around you, just as tangible as streaks of rubber from a burnout.

Black 2007 Chrysler Crossfire Build #73xxx
* 219 hp/229 ft-lbs cruiser.
"Stealth Nineties Green" 1992 Toyota Corolla
* 35 mpg daily driver.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:17 PM

How can you not love a XFire Roadster? It snaps heads where ever you go, it's a solidly built vehicle with no body torsion and great engineering innovations, it accelerates like a scalded cat and is an absolute joy to drive... and this past weekend caused an elderly, gentile lady to pull up next to my wife and I and ask if we would like to trade vehicles... (with a smile) I said NO! Damn it, I love this machine and ALWAYS look forward to climbing into the cockpit, be it across town or across the state!!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 PM

He said, "shifting value"....He is not talking about the autostick. "to the Journey" He is talking about the autostick or the manual or the roadster or the coupe.

It's like life man. We are all going to the same place. Nothing unique or special about the destination.

It's the journey that makes the difference.

roadster with a stick
So you admit that there is nothing like an after life or heaven, you have finally admitted to being a non believer. I never thought I would see the day. Hallelujah Franc.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT

sonoronos

User Gallery

You are a sports car driver. You have made a conscious decision, whether guided by morals, principles, or passion, to drive something that most people in their life only dream of buying. Whether large or small, you have sacrificed something to drive this car, whether it be a rear seat, a useable trunk, fuel mileage, regular dinners out, or even a significant other - you have made some kind of a sacrifice to put yourself in the driver's seat.

You are a sports car driver. Every time you take your car out on the road, you make someone's day. For every driver on a dreary commute, every child bored in the back seat, every young girl with four of her friends packed into a Subaru, every high school student in a beater, and every old man carting around his wife. When you appear, their entire attention is drawn to you, and for those precious few seconds, all their worries, concerns and drudgery fall away into nothingness, filled with an image of you in your car. Freedom.

You are a sports car driver. You are the leader. You own the road. If you go fast, you will get others to go fast with you. If you go slow, others will slow down to match you. You set the pace. On special days, you will find another sports car driver next to you. There will be electricity in the air. Everyone else will have their eyes on you. Wondering what the both of you will do. Will you peel out and drag race until the next intersection? Or will you both cruise gently into the distance? The choice is yours.

The world is yours! Remember that by choosing to drive your sports car today, you are having a positive effect on the world. The decisions you make behind the wheel make marks on the world around you, just as tangible as streaks of rubber from a burnout.

* 35 mpg daily driver.
That's the one !

GDC, YOU DA MAN!!

Poem? What the heck was I thinking?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Wow, that sure is powerful!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
So you admit that there is nothing like an after life or heaven, you have finally admitted to being a non believer. I never thought I would see the day. Hallelujah Franc.

Stretchin' it a bit thin aren't we?

To what do you think the term place refers?

How many months must you wait in line before you can have you doctor check your meds?

roadster with a stick

Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT

sonoronos

User Gallery

* 35 mpg daily driver.
Thanks Kurts &GDC-SRT that is the one.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 PM

Stretchin' it a bit thin aren't we?

To what do you think the term place refers?

How many months must you wait in line before you can have you doctor check your meds?

roadster with a stick
Seniors get meds for free, I do not accept things for nothing so I do not take them. Thats my excuse for irrational behavior anyway.
In context with your previous and next sentence about life,journey, and inconsequential destination, the destination is the grave.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:47 AM

Seniors get meds for free, I do not accept things for nothing so I do not take them. Thats my excuse for irrational behavior anyway.
In context with your previous and next sentence about life,journey, and inconsequential destination, the destination is the grave.
As to item one, given the healthcare system there, lucky for you that you don't need them.

As to the second point,
We could argue that question forever to inconsequence. Let me instead wish you, my friend, a long, deserved, and restful nap.

Me, I have other plans.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 07-22-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Forum Regular

Wow! That is really very sad...

Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 AM

HEAVENLY THOUGHTS
If we could only get our Crossfire's launched into outer space, we could drive them for eternity...that sounds sorta like heaven to me.

Quick Reply: WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special