WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special

The Crossfires Across America Event is a year off, but we have lots of planning to do. In August I will be meeting with a producer who is going to pitch the idea of a TV special on the Discovery Channel.

I would like to get as much feedback as possible on what your Crossfire means to you (please try to do it in 50 words or less, no matter how hard that might be LOL)

I will compile these and we will use them in our presentation.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 452 Likes on 319 Posts
Default re: WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special

My Crossfire is the best car I have ever owned.
It is fun to drive and gets the attention of so many people because of it's fine body style and limited production.
It means every time I go out for a drive I am gonna have a great time.
It means everywhere I park it I will have a longer walk from the parking lot cause I won't park close to other cars.
It means that speed limits really are annoying cause this car is designed to run fast.
It means I have found the best car for the money and will always have one.
50 words can't completely describe how I feel about the Crossfire. I LOVE IT !!

Valk

Old 07-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Crossfire makes me smile. I look forward to cleaning, upgrading, driving it. Some say I'm obsessed, but I prefer to call it infatuation. I feel honored to be able to own such a fine auto that turns heads everywhere I go.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Crossfire SRT-6 means many things to me. The pleasure of owning a unique, high performance car that is fairly rare while being part of one of the best owner groups/forums available today. The amount of support and expertise our fellow Crossfire owners provide is a step above the rest, bar none. It also gives me great pleasure explaining the details of my car to others that ask "what kind of car is that"? I actively show my car. Needless to say, the car draws a lot of attention at the shows and out of the last six; I have placed 1st or 2nd every time. This was done against tough competition. I love my car and everything that revolves around it. It is unique, very fast, draws a lot of attention and rare. What else could you ask for?

Hope this helps add to your request. Good luck with the Discovery Channel project. That would be absolutely awesome if it comes to fruition

Last edited by SRT-6 Steve; 08-15-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:07 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's a great idea. could increase the value and demand for our cars too! the SRT-6 is a true collector's item!

Old 07-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My Crossfire means freedom to me. Freedom from all of my daily cares and worries. Freedom to drop the top and cruise thru the mountains of North Carolina with the wind in my hair, sun on my face and classic rock in my ears. Freedom to dream about the road trips I might take and the people I will meet on those trips - all for the love of a car!

Old 07-19-2009, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
It is fun to drive and gets the attention of so many people because of it's fine body style and limited production.
It means everywhere I park it I will have a longer walk from the parking lot cause I won't park close to other cars.
It means that speed limits really are annoying cause this car is designed to run fast.

Valk
Ok I tried to register for the crossfire international and it wouldnt let me. But could someone explain to me what this event is?

Old 07-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Enjoy the read and hope you can make it!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...24-2010-a.html

Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What does my Crossfire mean to me? She means many things, Style- you just can't beat her looks, Grace- she's as agile as a gazelle, Speed- she can run like the wind all day long, Quality- after all, she is a Mercedes under the skin, and lastly - Cool, need I say more?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After forty years, I get a second chance to own the "Perfect" new car for me, suddenly I'm 19 again. Spending time with other Crossfire owners is almost as much fun as driving the Crossfire........almost.

Last edited by +fireamx; 07-19-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:28 AM

Our Crossfire has brought us friendships from all over the world. Comfort, quality and excellent performance are a given. We simply love this car, it's a mini vacation each time we drive it and worth every penny we paid. Owning a second one would be the only change we would make.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:42 AM

My Crossfire's are unlike anything else on the road today. No car in its price range offers its unique looks & styling. The Crossfire gives us the best of American design & the best of German engineering all in one package. Both are strong & durable & absolutely fun to drive.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:56 PM

Karl, here's a thought for you that might just help convince the Discovery Channel to get onboard. In Gateway, Colorado you'll find a wonderful automotive museum as a part of a resort complex being built by the founder of the Discovery Channel. The museum is complete. Lodging is complete although I'm sure that more will be built as the resort is built out. Excellent restaurant. Golf course under construction.

Leslie and I have visited there. A glorious "twisty road" leads to the place, but not too far off of I-70 which would be a logical choice for those folks coming from CA and points out that way. I imagine the owner would love to have 10 - 20 - 50??? Crossfires staying at the complex even if for only one night. Heck, even though it would be out of the way for me,I'd join in and would attempt to get others from the CCC (Colorado Crossfire Club) to join in.

Google auto museum Gateway Colorado and see what you think. Just a thought.

D**k Ryan

Old 07-19-2009, 07:03 PM

I apologize - my comments should probably been posted to the original thread. FP or someone?

Having owned a DeLorean for 27 years and having traveled all over the country with other DeLorean owners, this should be great fun.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:16 PM

These are some of the reasons I love my Crossfire....AND this Forum!

Thanks for the suggestion, we will do some follow up.

Karl

Originally Posted by deloreanbiker
Karl, here's a thought for you that might just help convince the Discovery Channel to get onboard. In Gateway, Colorado you'll find a wonderful automotive museum as a part of a resort complex being built by the founder of the Discovery Channel. The museum is complete. Lodging is complete although I'm sure that more will be built as the resort is built out. Excellent restaurant. Golf course under construction.

Leslie and I have visited there. A glorious "twisty road" leads to the place, but not too far off of I-70 which would be a logical choice for those folks coming from CA and points out that way. I imagine the owner would love to have 10 - 20 - 50??? Crossfires staying at the complex even if for only one night. Heck, even though it would be out of the way for me,I'd join in and would attempt to get others from the CCC (Colorado Crossfire Club) to join in.

Google auto museum Gateway Colorado and see what you think. Just a thought.

D**k Ryan

Old 07-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY

Valk
If I say that I agree with Valk, does that make it 100 words? (x2)

Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
If I say that I agree with Valk, does that make it 100 words? (x2)
Only if YOU say it twice Dave!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM

Shifting value from the destination to the journey. Making the getting there twice the fun of being there. The rushing wind pulls at me for a wider smile. The glimpse of the spoiler in the rearview safely grounds any aspirations of flight. The magic that whisks away the years and makes me young again. My Crossfire.

--
My poor attempt.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:35 PM

Yes, German engineering and American design. But, having two SRT6's and being able to share the experience of driving, racing and cleaning the xf's with my 19 year old daughter is priceless. Both SRT's are daily drivers and we are both very possesive of our immaculately kept automobiles.

Could probably write a couple of chapters regarding our experiences.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I can't say it in 50 words or less...LOL...Having owned a lot of muscle cars, this is the best car barr none. Where else can you find a car that will corner with the best of them, run top end with the best of them, do the quarter mile with any high performance production car, and still average 28 mpg??? It is great german engineering, and add in the club, the forum members...you have the complete package. Love my car...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 07-20-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special