Caa Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Caa Racing

Guys, I'm posting here because this is racing. I wouldn't want you to miss out because the CAA is a "social" event.

We are hosting a Drag race event on Tuesday june 22nd at the GatewayRacetrack in St Louis.

There will be other track events but this is the only racing event.

Tuesday is also the Day that Eurocharged will be doing Dyno Tunes in St Louis. They will be doing that all day In Wentzville, just west aof St Louis on I-70. You may PM me or Eurocharged for more details.

The track event is an "open to the public drag traps for street legal vehicles." You must meet NHRA rules, NHTSA cars, 13.99 sec and under need helmets and so on.

Starting time is 3:00 PM and runs until 5:00.

We will be running as separate classes, NA and SRT, and/or later in the evening you can join the general public against all of them ricers, mustangs, Camaros and wannabees.

Fees are $30.00 for the car and driver, $10.00 for spectators. Pay the rack at the track.

I would appreciate responses so that I can alert the track to the increased number of cars coming. Again, post here or PM me.

The CAA is going to be awesome by any measure. come to race, sample St Louis or just see more than 200 Crossies having a good time terrorizing the locals here.

And yes, before you ask, I will be on the track with my wimpy NA. Cathy is still debating whether I can drive hers or if she wants to join the fools who think driving a 12 second car is cool.

THE roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 02-01-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Caa Racing

You know I am in...but I doubt that Kathy was calling me a fool....sounds like a N/A thing to me....lol...I'm just kidding...I'm in...though, but I hope to have the coupe tuned by then, if not, we will see....thanks for putting this together Franc, it will be a fun time....

Old 01-31-2010, 06:37 PM

You betcha Doc.

It'll be a blast.

OK so that's two racers, one in each class.

I know I'll win mine so far. Unless some body else has the kahonies.

So,who thinks they have the naughty bits to join us?

roadster with a stick

Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in.

Look out Doc, I'm gunnin for ya!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am hoping to attend!
We'll see as the time comes....between work and the weather.
I might only be at this part of the event coming down early a.m. and coming back that night...we'll see how spring shapes up.

Kirk

Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Franc: Will there be any road racing going on at the track?

I'm seriously thinking of towing my racer over to get a tune. I now have a truck, just need to get a trailer and hitch. However, I need someone to drive my other Crossfire over so I have a driver for the other events.

Jane

Old 02-02-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Franc: Will there be any road racing going on at the track?

I'm seriously thinking of towing my racer over to get a tune. I now have a truck, just need to get a trailer and hitch. However, I need someone to drive my other Crossfire over so I have a driver for the other events.

Jane
Currently, we have autocross as a noncompetition event. Sorry. However, with enough interest perhaps we could change that.

How many would be intersted in a competitive autocross event?

franc

Old 02-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Forum Regular

I would do autocross.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
I would do autocross.
I would also.

MadMed would likely do it as well.

That's three.
Any other takers.

I meet with the racetrack staff next week. Please chime in.

roadster with a stick

Old 02-14-2010, 01:14 AM

I have 2 cars now, so the track thing I am in as well....straight or turns...doesn't matter to me...

Old 02-14-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I have 2 cars now, so the track thing I am in as well....straight or turns...doesn't matter to me...

I am supposed to do a track visit next week to talk with the people there and do a test run on the oval.
Weather permitting, of course, as it is covered in snow and ice. That damm AGW is so "inconveinent"

Anyhow, we will discuss an Autocross event and the feasability of it being done competitively. I think we could beat the system (insurance issues) if we simply did timed runs on an individual basis. Not exactly the same thing but still fun and competitive.

Any thoughts from you guys?

franc

Old 02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A timed run would certainly be less hazardous to everyone for those that dont do that type of racing.....

I am hoping to make it out... but that !@7%^#@&%^#&^!@# IRS wants more of my money...... so we will have to see...

Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
I am hoping to make it out... but that !@7%^#@&%^#&^!@# IRS wants more of my money...... so we will have to see...
Mike, You weren't supposed to see that. Remember?

roadster with a stick

Old 02-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Guys, we are working on Helmets for the activities. The plan is to have them available for rent at say $10.00 each for each event you require them. Your rent fee receipt will then be your raffle ticket to win one at the end of the CAA event.

All proceeds, after covering our costs, will go towards the Childrens Hospital Benefit.

Tom 2112 kindly offered these rules about helmets.

Some info on NHRA helmet rules:
  • If your car goes faster than 14.00 in the quarter mile, then you must wear a helmet.
  • The helmet must be SNELL certified. (M2000, M2005, M2007, M2010, SA2000, SA2005, SA2007, and SA2010 certified are all acceptable, however, avoid M2000 and SA2000 if possible)
  • If your car goes faster than 10.00 in the quarter mile then you must wear a full-face SNELL SA certified helmet.
Notes about helmet certifications:
  • Almost all motorcycle helmets meet DOT safety standards, but that's not as good as SNELL.
  • SNELL dates their certification. NHRA accepts the last 10 years of certifications.
  • The older the SNELL certification, the older the helmet. Avoid M2000 and SA2000 and earlier.
  • SNELL has two common certification levels: M and SA. M is for motorcycles and SA is Sports Automotive. The SA is a more rigorous certification, and includes fire retardance and side-impact with roll cages. SA helmets are typically quite expensive compared to M helmets.
Your suggestions are invited.

Franc

Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 455 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I am supposed to do a track visit next week to talk with the people there and do a test run on the oval.

Anyhow, we will discuss an Autocross event and the feasibility of it being done competitively. I think we could beat the system (insurance issues) if we simply did timed runs on an individual basis. Not exactly the same thing but still fun and competitive.

Any thoughts from you guys?
franc
I would try autocross racing but I have done 1/4 mile track runs before so I probably would not be interested in straight runs anymore.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
I would try autocross racing but I have done 1/4 mile track runs before so I probably would not be interested in straight runs anymore.

If you think drag racing is hard on your car, Auto cross tracks can be devastating. Supercharger, brakes, pullies ect ect. Unless you just drive around the track like a Sunday cruise.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
If you think drag racing is hard on your car, Auto cross tracks can be devastating. Supercharger, brakes, pullies ect ect. Unless you just drive around the track like a Sunday cruise.
I'm fairly sure everyone wants to drive their cars home. Not many have indicated they plan to bring the Crossie in on a trailer.

That said, I think a timed run, first in first out would let everyone have a chance to at least drive the course. Get as competitive as they feel competent to do and then most likely still have a decent form of transportation under their butt to get home.

It would also keep our insurance down.

The Tuesday Drag event is for the semi serious racer and is no different than the weekly public event the track always presents. We just get a class of our own at 4:00 in the afternoon. Drive as hard or as easy as you want. Find out what your 1/4 mile really is. Get a ticket to validate it.
For the bold, you may go on and compete with our local champions later in the day, and perhaps win a trophy, or blow something up.

THe Wednesday Oval run is for over legal speed and pictures. Take video of your XFire going in a pack or a line with others at triple digits. Assuming the track manager feels our cars are stable enough to go that fast there.

Please, don't start with me on that one.

I will have him drive Crumpys SRT. Should be no problem.

Again, it would be a good idea not tobend any metal. It should be no different than the Texas Motor Speedway charity event except that the track is smaller and we will go faster than 70 MPH or what is the point?

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 02-21-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 PM

Its all in fun Franc....run'em hard or just for fun...it's up to each owner what they want to do, or can do.....thanks for working on this, I know you love this stuff too....

Old 02-21-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Its all in fun Franc....run'em hard or just for fun...it's up to each owner what they want to do, or can do.....thanks for working on this, I know you love this stuff too....
Thanks Doc,I do love these big GTG's. This one is going to be like the Dragon in that way only, lots of friends getting together & having fun with these cars.

I look forward to seeing you in my mirror again

roadster with a stick

Old 02-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Forum Regular

Will see how my schedule goes. I ran the tuesday street car shootouts all last year but i may have little freetime this summer.

Quick Reply: Caa Racing