CAA Photos and Comments

Old 06-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CAA Photos and Comments

Need to add two things ......
1st .... I had an extremely scary incident on the way home! I was keeping up with traffic going about 72 mph (65 zone) and in the middle lane of a 3 lane. There was a dump-truck-style 18 wheeler in front of me and there were cars in close vicinity on each of my sides and following, and a "rock" the size of a league ball flew out of the back of the truck about where the rear wheels and the body joins. It began bouncing and staying in my lane, at varying heights, and all I could do is hold my breath.... the last bounce that I could see was about windshield level, and as is disappeared from my view, all I heard and felt was a "clunk". It must have been that the Gateway Club guys were still "ghosting" my guide home, because after pulling over when I could, there was NO DAMAGE ..... I figure that it hit under the car on the shield under the engine. Thanks again Gateway people ......a totally great job of making us comfortable while there, and "safe" all the way home, even when you were not there physically ....

2nd .... Stay tuned for hearing about the planning of the 2012 CAA in Colorado, because the rumors I heard about the venue could be "fantastic" if it comes about..... I won't elaborate anymore, nor repeat the rumors, except to say that if it happens ... WOW !!! Again ... only rumors from "high" sources, and has to be put together ..... just start prioritizing your time for then .... NOW!

Last edited by IBLUBYU; 06-26-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

It takes a long time to load one of these HD video clips but here is the first one my wife took at the Rascals Baseball game Tuesday night

YouTube - Crossfires Across America - Rascals Baseball Crossfire Parade

Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We made it down to oklahoma good yesterday. I found this picture of janes car that is kinda neat.
Name:  Gregsandsaintlouis319.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  72.2 KB

Old 06-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Talking Re: CAA Photos and Comments

I am laughing so hard reading everyone's comments (DOC!) and Mike and I wanted to thank all of you for coming, also. While Mike and I (and Greg and Teresa) ended up helping with the group, Franc and Kathy, Debby and Kelly and Eric and Ruth really are the champions behind this event. They worked numerous hours on this and yes, we all "contributed" financially to the event to make sure it was successful. I want to thank SRT 6 for supplying many of our raffle items. I was not aware he was bringing items, so thank you so much for that!

You are a great group of people and Mike and I certainly enjoyed meeting many new friends! We hope to see you at future events!!!

Sonza (yes, yes, the "girly" gold one!)

Old 06-26-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
1st .... I had an extremely scary incident on the way home! I was keeping up with traffic going about 72 mph (65 zone) and in the middle lane of a 3 lane. There was a dump-truck-style 18 wheeler in front of me and there were cars in close vicinity on each of my sides and following, and a "rock" the size of a league ball flew out of the back of the truck about where the rear wheels and the body joins. It began bouncing and staying in my lane, at varying heights, and all I could do is hold my breath.... the last bounce that I could see was about windshield level, and as is disappeared from my view, all I heard and felt was a "clunk". It must have been that the Gateway Club guys were still "ghosting" my guide home, because after pulling over when I could, there was NO DAMAGE ..... I figure that it hit under the car on the shield under the engine. Thanks again Gateway people ......a totally great job of making us comfortable while there, and "safe" all the way home, even when you were not there physically ....

2nd .... Stay tuned for hearing about the planning of the 2012 CAA in Colorado, because the rumors I heard about the venue could be "fantastic" if it comes about..... I won't elaborate anymore, nor repeat the rumors, except to say that if it happens ... WOW !!! Again ... only rumors from "high" sources, and has to be put together ..... just start prioritizing your time for then .... NOW!

I know how you feel the first time I was driving in inclement weather on I64 going to downtown STL, someone going the other direction crashed into the concrete wall between the lanes and had a giant chunk coming at me...don't know where it went, but it didn't get me. Hope everything stays right, but get that car checked out.

On the CO trip, having lived there for 10yrs, I can say the concept is a great way to do it and I look forward to driving my XF in the area I so hated to leave.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:54 PM

I wish to add my thanks to all the folks that worked so hard to make this event possible. I think you all did a fantastic job. I was disappointed that I couldn’t attend the racing event on Wednesday night. It sounds like it was great fun. A special thanks to Franc for the use of his facilities and for the food. Also, thanks to Eurocharged for making amazing improvements to my car. This is only my second event but what I have found is that while the experience of driving the car is great, meeting a great bunch of people at these events is even better.

I had a great time! I hope to see you all at the Dragon in October.

Ray

PS. Can we still purchase the CAA stuff? I still need to get a hat.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by RBlythe332
I wish to add my thanks to all the folks that worked so hard to make this event possible. I think you all did a fantastic job. I was disappointed that I couldn’t attend the racing event on Wednesday night. It sounds like it was great fun. A special thanks to Franc for the use of his facilities and for the food. Also, thanks to Eurocharged for making amazing improvements to my car. This is only my second event but what I have found is that while the experience of driving the car is great, meeting a great bunch of people at these events is even better.

Ray

Thanks Ray. It was a pleasure to meet you as well. We look forward to "testing" your tune in October.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 06-26-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by RBlythe332

Ray

Yes, Ray, you can still purchase CAA stuff and we have plenty hats. We have lots of the other items also. I will do a post with all the items and prices so that everyone can have an opportunity to get something they missed.

PM me what you want. We can work out the details. You can pay for items on Paypal and I will ship them to you.

Thanks for coming to CAA. It was such a pleasure to meet so many who share our love of Crossfires.

Cathy

Old 06-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
It takes a long time to load one of these HD video clips but here is the first one my wife took at the Rascals Baseball game Tuesday night

YouTube - Crossfires Across America - Rascals Baseball Crossfire Parade
OK here is part 2, 3 and 4

YouTube - CAA Parade - Part 2

YouTube - CAA Parade - part 3

YouTube - CAA Parade - Part 4

Old 06-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU

I am sure glad that nothing bad happened. Glad you made it safely.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

HELLO. Elaine&I made it home safe this afternoon. We want to thank the Gateway Crossfire groupe for a great week of Missouri Hospitality. Special Thanks to Eric,Ruth ,Freank and Mrs. Frank??I have OLDTIMERS and some times forget things. And thankyou to all of the Gateway Crossfire people who helped in any way. It was nice to see past friends and a bunch of new ones. It was a great meet. To all of you who could not make it all I can say is TRY HARDER for the next one You will not be dissapointed. Thankyou Crossfire people. Lorne

Old 06-26-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Erzer
We'll try to add it up, the problem was not everybody did the activities outside of racing and we had some show up that were not expected. Estimate right now is between 40-50.

We're finally starting to rest so it may be a bit before I can narrow it down.
51 cars in attendance

If you don't see your screen name let me know, but I think this is pretty close to the number of cars by screen name.
  • Itzky
  • Wedge
  • Mrs_Shark067 & Shark067
  • RBlythe32
  • Danimal
  • Jane Bridges
  • Tburris
  • Cassidyrj1
  • Winstonscifi
  • Smfrycruzer
  • CDXFire
  • Dedwards0323
  • Eeric
  • Lorne
  • Blastchamber
  • Naughteven
  • bob hill
  • Larry Hitze
  • Oledoc2U
  • Bhulse
  • Sandyle
  • DBLewis
  • FP
  • Sandgrounder
  • SRT SIX
  • Jaybird777
  • joejet
  • StreetScholar
  • FTroopChief
  • Tpoag
  • CruxpryFemella
  • Franc Rauscher
  • shadowbuilder
  • TexasT
  • singerron
  • stlas69
  • tighed1
  • IBLUBYU
  • HarryV
  • Char
  • Deborah Walker
  • Sonza
  • Valkryderguy
  • G&T1stxfire
  • Mickey5469 & Ella Lynn
  • James1549
  • Erzer
  • Skip P.
  • Projectmayhem
  • Mad_Med05X
  • Topless

32 cars at the Rascals game, 23 cars at Hermann on Wednesday

Last edited by Erzer; 06-27-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Forum Regular

Just made it home..... Oh man Oh man! What a time... But I'm so worn out I may sleep through all day tomorrow...

Absolutely had a wonderful time!!!! More later when I'm rested!!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

dag gonnit Gary, I'm at work and can't view them....got to go, first drunk of the night...later...

Old 06-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad everyone got home safe.
Glad the event was a success.
As many of us will agree really very sad to of missed it.
We came so close to have to cancel is a complete drag.

On top of it, in the pictures I've seen, there was no Classic Yellow!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:21 PM

Not broken down like Gary's, but here are a number of pic's and some vid's.

CAA 2010

Old 06-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an awesome time! I think my wife even had some fun (as this was her first XF gathering and she is not much into cars). It was sure great seeing old friends and making new friends! It was also able to see to friends from my youth that I haven't seen in 20 years. We stayed in Kansas City last night and visited with my uncle and aunt and saw a friend in eastern Kansas today. We are staying the night in Hays, KS, and will finish the ride home tomorrow after seeing some of those road-side attractions along the way. We even saw another Crossfire here in Hays at dinner, '04 SSB.

Photos can be viewed here:
Crossfires Across America pictures by itskyb - Photobucket

Hats off to the whole GCG group for your hard and very much appreciated efforts in making this all happen! You made this trip very memorable!

See you all for the "Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition"!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Forum Regular

Julie and I made it to Nashville SuperSpeedway on Friday and raced all day Saturday. Had a good day, but very hot. Julie is now home safely in Owensboro, KY and I'm back home in Indiana.
Although I can't speak entirely for Julie, I know we both had a Wonderful time at CAA. Can't thank the organizers enough for a job well done. Eric, Ruth, Franc and Kathy, Debbie and Kell and all the Gateway Crossfire Group: Many, Many Thanks.
I look forward to looking at all the pictures when I get caught up on everything else.
I'm so glad so many people took advantage of the racing opportunity. I saw so many permagrins out there after the racing event. Many thanks to Franc for such a great event.
It was so great to see so many friends and meet new ones.
See you at the Dragon.

Jane (Maybe I can get Julie to come, too.)

Old 06-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular

Glad to hear everyone made it hope safely. Sounds like it was a great event, (great people and loads of fun) I'm sorry I missed it. Just wanted to thank everyone for uploading their pictures -- I enjoyed them and the stories.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Erzer
Thanks for the opportunity to assist. Also, thank for sharing yourselves with the greater group during such a special time....now go enjoy that wine after a quite and relaxing dinner.
Thank you Erzer, you and Mrs. Erzer helped me make this very special. Our Anniversary is actually on Monday, and we will get to enjoy the bottle of wine you were so nice to give to us. Again, thanks to all of you for such a wonderful event, and especially you and your wife.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CAA Photos and Comments