Old 07-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition - Base City

We'll see you in Colorado!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update:

We are looking to make Durango as the base city. Plenty of awesome mountain and desert scenery. We are currently looking at the week of July 25 or August 1 as the week.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by itsky
Update:

We are looking to make Durango as the base city. Plenty of awesome mountain and desert scenery. We are currently looking at the week of July 25 or August 1 as the week.
Been there many times...it's a cool town and we road the narrow gage railroad up to Silverton one day....VERY COOL.
If anyone wants to give up a day in the Crossfire for a most enjoyable train ride on the edge of the mountains ya won't be disappointed.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 PM

I won't expect a lot of participation from the East Coast members. It's not that we wouldn't love to attend but I just checked and it is 1822 miles from my house to Durango. That is a 30 hour drive one way. Add in rest stops, meals and sleeping and this event will cost most of us over a week in travel time. If it is another 3 day event such at St. Louis a lot of working people will need to take at least a week's vacation to attend. I attended the St. Louis CAA and it was great. I hope to make the next one. But I also think we need to keep the East Coast events next year because a lot of people just can't take that much time to come west for an event. I would like to see the west coast get more active and have more events, but asking the east coast to cancel or not plan events doesn 't seem like the answer.

Last edited by singerron; 08-04-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by singerron
I won't expect a lot of participation from the East Coast members. It's not that we wouldn't love to attend but I just checked and it is 1822 miles from my house to Durango. That is a 30 hour drive one way. Add in rest stops, meals and sleeping and this event will cost most of us over a week in travel time. If it is another 3 day event such at St. Louis a lot of working people will need to take at least a week's vacation to attend. I attended the St. Louis CAA and it was great. I hope to make the next one. But I also think we need to keep the East Coast events next year because a lot of people just can't take that much time to come west for an event. I would like to see the west coast get more active and have more events, but asking the east coast to cancel or not plan events doesn 't seem like the answer.
It will be a long haul for some, but if it is not in the cards for you to come, I can understand. Many folks did travel a great distance to make it to St Louis as well. For those who will want to make the journey, the scenery will be spectacular and I hope worth the trip.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by singerron

It is very understandable not wanting to drive great distances as well as spending the necessary money to attend these events. Wife isn't behind me so I can say this safely now, thought I may get a stern look or even a whack to the back of my head. I would love to see a gathering every year in a more central location like Chicago, Indy, KC, Southern parts of MO and even STL. However unless there is going to be a sizable organization with the ability to fund and help offset costs, we just won't see anything like a Woodward Dream Cruise; which may be in the cards for us next year.

Some people will make it, to include some I've not had time to get to know even though they attended the 1st CAA, others won't because of timing, distance and funding and yet others won't because they won't leave their back yard so to speak; both of the later and that saddens me.

The bottom line is we do what we can when we can and hopefully we'll all find a location that is suitable to most of us and the necessary sponsorships to make it affordable. Until then, we'll have to settle for what we can and celebrate them while maximizing our time together when we can; hopefully we can experience at least the same amount of attendees at the CAA - RME as we did the CAA - STL.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Durango, CO why thats 1600 miles from me ,but my trusty steed will speed me south next July,
Dave