Goes dead won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goes dead won't start

I have a 05 crossfire, lately I have been having a problem where the engine will die at a redlight and then want start for a few moments eventually stating. It has gotten worse and now sometimes when the car is warm and I go to start it it will not. it will turn over but will not hit. I know it is an issue where the car is cutting off the fuel because when it done it today I sprayed starter fluid in the airbox and it hit and then started. Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks,
Cary

Old 02-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Goes dead won't start

So on this one occasion you hit it with starter fluid and that means it's definitely fuel? How's the crank positioning sensor? No clue? Replaced with a Bosch 2 months ago? No chance it could have just been ready to start as in the other cases of no start?

I'm not saying "no way" it's fuel.. but you are having the classic Crank positioning sensor issues... click the red text in my signature "CPS"..

Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, I have a friend coming over to check code, I know the check engine light is on but I checked it the other day and it gave me a rear o2 sensor code that I have not replaced yet.I know it may now have more than one code . thanks again

Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just a side note with the CEL .. you don't always get one with the CPS.. hopefully it will show and remove all doubts. Make SURE you get a Bosch if it is needing replaced. The correct part number is in my link in the signature, and can be found on Ebay for about 45 bucks. I personally ended up getting one from Advanced Auto ... I was DOA .. came with a lifetime replacement.. been almost 2 years ago now.. and the Bosch I ordered that morning before it bellied up rides in the pocket behind my seat now..