Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Fredericksburg VA Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fredericksburg VA Area?

Didn't see a sole out there, except a brown Z4 that gave me a nod. better luck next weekend, I think most of the gatherings are on Friday Night =)

Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran into a blue roadster yesterday around lunch time leaving downtown. Not sure if it was yours as a lady was driving but gave her the wave regardless. No wave back but she did look surprised to see another crossfire.

On a side note i did go by the Walmart parking lot a couple weeks ago Friday and there were a number of nice Fords out there. Highlights for me were a red Shelby GT 350 (looked at it before but that thing is in beautiful shape) and the always sexy Ford GT. Also there was a new model Shelby GT-H that looked really nice. For some reason that black and gold color just looks right on a mustang.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 PM

Bad post, not sure how this happened =)

Last edited by Scottw60; 07-09-2008 at 04:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:57 PM

Bad Post, not sure how this happened =)

Last edited by Scottw60; 07-09-2008 at 04:17 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Airscape
Ran into a blue roadster yesterday around lunch time leaving downtown. Not sure if it was yours as a lady was driving but gave her the wave regardless. No wave back but she did look surprised to see another crossfire.
Nope, not me. So there is another in town?

On a side note i did go by the Walmart parking lot a couple weeks ago Friday and there were a number of nice Fords out there. Highlights for me were a red Shelby GT 350 (looked at it before but that thing is in beautiful shape) and the always sexy Ford GT. Also there was a new model Shelby GT-H that looked really nice. For some reason that black and gold color just looks right on a mustang.
This Friday night I will definately take it out. I know of 2 places, the Diner up in CP, and the BBQ place at Fall Hill and Rt 1. You just went to the Wal-Mart lot huh? Uncle Sams used to be a good place too, but its gone.

I saw a Silver Roadster leaving Quantico this evening, and it got on 95 going south. I got on Rt. 1 instead, it's a better drive anyway. I know that he saw me, I waved, if he waved, I couldn't tell as he had the top up!

R U going to the Blue Ridge Cruise?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scottw60
Nope, not me. So there is another in town?

This Friday night I will definately take it out. I know of 2 places, the Diner up in CP, and the BBQ place at Fall Hill and Rt 1. You just went to the Wal-Mart lot huh? Uncle Sams used to be a good place too, but its gone.

I saw a Silver Roadster leaving Quantico this evening, and it got on 95 going south. I gi
Yep, there is def another then. That could have explained the deer in the headlights look she gave me on the way by lol. There was a post in the forum about a ford get together on Fridays in central park and that a couple crossfires showed up. I thought Id check it out and it does in fact exist. Think it starts around 7-8ish on Friday on the side lot of Wally world in CP but it is def a Ford affair. Thinking about making the trip up to Carlisle this weekend so don't know if I will be around but I'm sure we will run into each other eventually.

The Cruise sounds like fun, I will have to check if I am on call that weekend or not but I should be able to make it out there, Id love to rip around the mountains.

Last edited by Airscape; 07-08-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:16 AM

Yep, there is def another then. That could have explained the deer in the headlights look she gave me on the way by lol. There was a post in the forum about a ford get together on Fridays in central park and that a couple crossfires showed up. I thought Id check it out and it does in fact exist. Think it starts around 7-8ish on Friday on the side lot of Wally world in CP but it is def a Ford affair. Thinking about making the trip up to Carlisle this weekend so don't know if I will be around but I'm sure we will run into each other eventually.

The Cruise sounds like fun, I will have to check if I am on call that weekend or not but I should be able to make it out there, Id love to rip around the mountains.
So you made eye-contact with her, or did you see her, and she was oblivious?

Crashing a Ford party sounds like fun!

Hope you can make the cruise =)

Last edited by Scottw60; 07-09-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Forum Regular

She looked me right in the face but she had a look of being caught off guard or thinking who the ... is this waving at me, possibly a combo. I'm also a younger guy so that may have added to the confusion. Your car definitely has a twin running around though. I almost feel like printing out some crossfireforum.org flyers and sticking them to all the crossfires around town to see if they respond, there is def a bunch of them.

Last edited by Airscape; 07-09-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 AM

I saw the yellow roadster at the service dept. at Britt when I bought mine 2 weeks ago, it had a MWH sticker on it, so I guess it is the same car.

Imagine how confused she will be if she sees another blue roadster!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scottw60
I saw the yellow roadster at the service dept. at Britt when I bought mine 2 weeks ago, it had a MWH sticker on it, so I guess it is the same car.

Imagine how confused she will be if she sees another blue roadster!!!
I have seen two yellows around so unless they alternate days and park in the same area it had to be the one. I might have to see if I can find the owner and ask what was done+if the service was good. I have a lot of stuff that needs to be done to mine...horror stories have kept it out of any shop so far. I couldn't stand leaving it someplace for a while not knowing it will be taken care of properly.

No doubt, by the look I got I can only imagine...

Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Talking Re: Fredericksburg VA Area?

I have seen two yellows around so unless they alternate days and park in the same area it had to be the one. I might have to see if I can find the owner and ask what was done+if the service was good. I have a lot of stuff that needs to be done to mine...horror stories have kept it out of any shop so far. I couldn't stand leaving it someplace for a while not knowing it will be taken care of properly.

No doubt, by the look I got I can only imagine...
I have had every vehicle serviced there for over 6 years now. Ask for Kenny and tell the that Scott with the Silver Sebring Conv. Sent you. He is extremely knowlegeable with all of the cars I have taken there. The Crossfire didn't need any serious wor, just a tire pressue sensor, and a top compartment sensor, and they were both covered by warranty.

I bought the extended waranty for the car when I got it, I have heard horror stories with these things, primarily related to finding spare parts, so it will have to remain stock for 5 years. I may try to find an SRT or a prowler after that anyway. I'm just disapointed with the powerplant in the Prowler, but it makes up for it in looks =)

Old 07-12-2008, 12:46 PM

We took the XFire out last night and today. Last night we went to the VA BBQ place (Rt1 and Fall Hill. I was unable to drive through the lot, but there were muscle cars there of every sort. The most interesting to me was the early '70's Cuda.

We Then went up to CP. I am not sure where you are talking about near Wal*Mart, but at the 5 and Diner there was every kind of Mustang that you nay want, but no GT, Shelby or anything fancy. We drove through the lot, but I had no incling to be the only Crossfor at a Mustang ranch.

I did not see any other Crossfires at either location, we also went to the mall, and by the movie Theatre.

Today we drove to northern VA to show tha car to some relatives, and on the way back we saw a light blue (much lighter than the aero blue) coupe sitting in traffic on Rt. 1 going into Fred. I beeped and he waved as I turned around to avoid the traffic.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Forum Regular

Thats funny I did a quick run after work yesterday and hit the same spots, we were prob circling each other. I didn't see any at walmart this time, but when I went over to the diner it looked like the same group of guys minus the really nice ones hehe. I just did a quick drive by at the BBQ going north, then came back around but everyone was clearing out.

I took the drive up to Carlisle today for the show and I am overloaded. There was sooooooo many sexy cars there it wasn't even funny. The highlight had to be the dealership they had setup to look like a 1967 car lot. All kinds of Super Bees, Cudas, Darts, Chargers, and pretty much everything you could ever want to see. Highlight had to be sitting in a convenience store parking lot with a Beautiful Purple Cuda on my left and a Yellow and Green on my right......and people were stopping to check out the Crossfire and asking about it lol. My girlfriend came out of the store, got in and said "are you kidding me? Your parked right beside those cars and people are stopping to check yours out." I was as confused as her but the Crossfire love continued all day. I had at least 5 people walk up and check it out in various parking lots around the city and even right outside the fairgrounds. Around here I get about 1 person a week ask what kind of car it is, but never much more than that. Most people that stopped wanted to know all about it as they circled around looking at it from all angles. Being around such lovely cars all day I figured the Crossfire would be somewhat of an ugly duckling but I was very wrong. It had to be the single best day in the Crossfire I have had yet. Six+ hours of driving combined with all the lovely cars and comments.... can't beat that with a stick.

Didn't get any pictures of the crossfire/barracuda sandwich but here is a couple shots of the monsters earlier in the day. Father (Yellow) and his son (Purple) They were really nice and talked with me and the girl for a while on the grounds. Totally forget the names but if they want to give away either any time soon they can feel free to drop em off at my place.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:51 PM

cool pics! sorry I missed you, I wasn't at eaither location very long. I am definately going there next year! Were you the on X-fire there? These people acted like they've never seen one?

BTW - I saw a red coupe for sale at John Auto Sale on Rt 1 in Stafford just over the bridge, I was BZ so I did not stop to take a look.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Got another one for ya, I just saw a Gray Coupe on Princess Ann Near Rt 1 at about 5:00 this evening. I havent seen this color before, it may have been the same one that I mistook for a real light blue the other day. It was around the same time of day so he may be commuting in it.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:05 PM

I met a guy tonight in a white coup at the VRE station. I talked with him for a while. He said thjat he will join the forum, and is also interested in the cruise to the blue ridge. He said that he was from CA and there arent any roads around here where you can really drive that car. I told him that I though there were.

I-95 (not in rush hour) is about as fast as you are going to get around here withought putting it on a track. But for good Driving roads, there is Brooke Rd In Stafford, and River Rd. In Spotsy, not to mention all of the great rads up in the mountains =)

Anyway I hope to see him and his car on here soon.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:03 AM
Forum Regular

Found the black SRT6 today. Went for a meeting over at the Fall Hill building and it was parked in the lot across the street. Kind of surprised I have never seen it there before. It was tucked in a corner spot under the trees though so I may just have missed it other times. After only seeing it once I figured it was a weekend only type ride. Hopefully I will catch em pulling in/out someday and get them on here. Also went up to Frederick for a site visit on Tues and ran into a nice Red limited with exhaust and a powerchip sticker under the wing on Rt270. Will have to look through the galleries to find out who it is... I find that people with modifications are a lot more likely to be here.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 AM

That guy I met at the train station hasn't logged in as yet.

I spotted a red coup pulling into Quantico this morning, but I didn't see where he went. There are quite a few.

That Red coupe is still for sale in Stafford. I pulled into the lot yesterday, and got out to look at it, the OPEN sign was lit, but I think they were closed for the day. I am not interested in it, but I was going to try and get fome info for the forum.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 PM

I saw a Red Roadster yesterday just before 7:00 PM on Rt 17 heading west, I was in the Van, so I would not have stood out to him.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:29 PM

I saw a silver Roadster at the train station in Fred. I would have had to go around the block to say hello, but he was parked waiting for someone on the VRE.

Also don't forget the GTG at the Blue Ridge Pkyw is tomorrow:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=26540

Hope to see some other Fred. Crossfires there!

Last edited by Scottw60; 07-25-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Fredericksburg VA Area?