Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Cincinnati area owners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Cincinnati area owners...

July 27 will be Rolling on River Car Show. It is on the west side of town at Fernbank Park along the river on Rt 50. Anyone planing to go? Showing your car? I read it is $10 to show your car, free admission for everyone else. Usually a really big turnout.

Also if anyone is near Delhi, The Main Entrance Resturant has a cruise-in/show every Thursday night. Free. The turn-outs last year were great, so far this year - kinda slow. Anyone want to get together and show our cars as a group?

I know some of you are around, I have spotted 3 different SRT6s, and 2 Limiteds in the short time I have owned mine. They are always on the move so I don't get to talk to them.

Let me know. James

Last edited by James1549; 07-17-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Default Re: Cincinnati area owners...

Come on guys... In the last week my wife and I have spotted at least 6 Crossfires in the area. We did see 2 of them parked in shopping areas.

I thought about making up small post cards/ business cards to put under the wiper when I come across them parked. Information to locate this website, maybe my email address, a friendly hello, etc...

Anyone try this? Would anyone here be offended if they found a card like this on their car? Looking for ideas to get some local people together.

Ideas?

Thanks, James

Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice hearing from You James !

Yes indeed, the Fernbank park car show is a really nice one. Great location and last year had a good turnout; everything from street rods, jeeps, muscle cars, sports cars, rice burner stuff and rat rods. I went as a spectator and saw the Cougar I had traded in to buy my Crossfire go driving past with it's new owner. I tried to find the guy but he was gone in the traffic.

Unfortunately I have to work this next Sunday so I'll not be able to make it this year. Send me a PM regarding any other show or event ideas. Have you ever been to one of the local SCCA or Cincinnati Sports Car Club autocross events ? It's a really cool grassroots motorsports scene. Crossfire is suposed to be pretty competitive in D/Stock now that there are decent 19" tires available.

Cheers,

Cincinnati Slim

Old 07-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry - but I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks or I'd come down...I'll keep an eye out for the next GTG.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:57 PM

Slim,

I have never been exposed to the local autocross events. Maybe you can give me some info when they have an event. I have no interest to participate, but I would like to see them in action.

James

Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 PM

I thought I would try to get some local people together with the same interest. And promote this website at the same time. Would anyone be offended if they found this postcard I made, under their windshield wiper when their car is parked? Any other ideas? Give me your opinions...

James

Attached Thumbnails Cincinnati area owners...-postcard.jpg  
Old 07-27-2008, 02:21 PM

I went to the car show today along the river. No Crossfires in the show, but did see two in the parking lot. While looking at a red conv., I met Rick and gave him some information about this website. I went back to find the yellow convertible and lay a post card on the seat and it was gone. Their loss!

Give us a yell if you read this Rick!

James

Old 08-30-2008, 04:33 PM

I wouldlove to get something together!!! I just bought mine and I love it. I know that they do something in Milford every Fri night...or we could go to Jollys or a Sonic???

Brant

Old 08-30-2008, 04:40 PM

Hi Brant,

Are you talking about "Quaker Steak and Lube" in Milford? I know during a weekday evening they have a bike show.

James

Old 08-30-2008, 05:03 PM

I think it's at the Kroger, Steak and Shake, and something else...It's been a while but I'm up for it.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:29 PM

I originally posted this in the wrong forum:

I saw a black roadster on Glenway (Cincinnati). I was in my pickup, worked my way up through traffic and got right beside them at a red light. Handed the couple a post card with the forum info on it. I had to explain I had a Crossfire at home. She was not sure whether to take the card or not but finally did. Light turned green and off we went.

Hope to hear from them on the forum.

James

Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM

Not trying to hijack this thread(well maybe I am) but is there any one who would like to get together and enjoy some of the back roads in northern KY, Indiana, or some where around cincy on the weekends sometime?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:57 PM

I'm Game...

Old 09-06-2008, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by tnn14
Not trying to hijack this thread(well maybe I am) but is there any one who would like to get together and enjoy some of the back roads in northern KY, Indiana, or some where around cincy on the weekends sometime?
I'm up for that!!! Now here is a question...would it be possible to start a Cincy chapter for the Xfire??? Have some type of meeting at least once a month and plan some events??? Any interest???

I live in Mason so where does everyone else reside???

Old 09-06-2008, 06:35 AM

Delhi, western Cincinnati

Old 09-06-2008, 08:56 AM

Burlington, KY (Northern KY) I would be up for some sort of get together once a month for a back roads cruise and so on or even more often. Maybe attend different cruise nights or car shows around cincy. Any drive in the x-fire is a good drive.. Any one attending the fall Tail of The Dragon meet?

Old 09-06-2008, 12:07 PM

I would but I just don't have the money to go this time...but I will be there next year!!! You going???

Old 09-06-2008, 07:07 PM

If we can get enough cars together before the Tail of Dragon Meet, I wouldn't mind a ride along the river and stop off at the Rabbit Hash General Store. Maybe bring a picnic lunch and drive a bit further to Big Bone State Park? We could meet in Florence, or over by the Airport viewing area...

Pick a Saturday or Sunday and I am ready. The more the better.

More ideas?

James

Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 PM

PS I saw a silver roadster sitting in Krogers on Glenway today. I placed a card on the windshield.
PLEASE STEP FORWARD AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

James

Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
If we can get enough cars together before the Tail of Dragon Meet, I wouldn't mind a ride along the river and stop off at the Rabbit Hash General Store. Maybe bring a picnic lunch and drive a bit further to Big Bone State Park? We could meet in Florence, or over by the Airport viewing area...

Pick a Saturday or Sunday and I am ready. The more the better.

More ideas?

James
Best route for this (in my opinion) is down 18 to the General store for a stop (parking is the difficult part) and then once done with lunch up 338 to big bone and 43 back into town. and even nicer drive is rather than taking 42 to florence i like taking it out to dry ridge (goes past the dam) and then just hop on the highway(75) when done to get home. I used to do this all the time when I had a motorcycle. Did any one in NKY stop at the cruise in on 18 today? And im going to the Tail meet if any one else is and would like to drive down as a group let me know.

Quick Reply: Cincinnati area owners...