Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Planning on Buying a Crossfire

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning on Buying a Crossfire

Hi, my name is Arun and I am new to the forum. I am planning on buying 07 Crossfire Limited Roadster but before I do, I would love to get opinions on it as a daily driver and the reliability. Researching the web, I have read reviews about bad visibility and the consumer reports have give the 04 a half black mark, and 05 a blank circle. Nothing after that. The prices are too good to pass up 11K miles for $11,500. For the visibility, a rear view camera would solve that (and sombody on the forum did do that) but in terms of over all daily driver reliability, I would love to hear some opinions. Thanks for all the great info on this site!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:13 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Planning on Buying a Crossfire

I've had mine for 2.5 years and have no issues. The visibility issue is for consumer reporting. No big deal, especially with the top down.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I love mine & think its a great daily driver. With the top up it is not as easy to see as say a Honda Civic but you get used to it. I have found that the car gets so much attention - people tend to get out of my way changing lanes. A lot of the people on the forum have either installed convex mirrors to cover the blind spots. I think you will love the vehicle, but I do think a coupe is a little bit better daily driver due to the space & security. Mine is a weekend car, but I have a lot of friends who drive these every day for years and love them.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Forum Regular

Have had my roadster for a year and half - absolutely NO issues - cr is my daily driver, but must confess live .5 miles from work. So when I have to go to business meetings - I drive the Crossfire rather than renting a car. heck sometimes I just drive it on Skyline drive- great road that runs with the Shenendoah Mtns. Have had to replace the tires, and have had the oil changed twice and that's it. Ride isn't as hard as some make it out to be, but it isn't a Deville either - Car is a blast - and fast enough to get you in jail in a NY minute

Old 01-19-2009, 08:04 PM

GF has had her oh five XF for 56k miles. Only thing needed to change/fix are things with "B" in them. Brakes, belt, battery, ruBBer. Typical car stuff. Expensive stuff rare if you ask me.

EVERY time I drive it, my S.C. (stands for something not PG) I get some sort of comment. My favs: "Sure wish my 'vette sounded like that." "Wow, it's so shiney!" "Can I get a ride?" At a bar: "Make me breakfast." Cop to me after getting pulled over: "What IS the top speed?" And the best: "You better take me back to your house, in your car, it makes me wet." (No kidding, who cares if it's reliable! (Which it is.))

Okay mods, censor if needed.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

The rear view issue is more of a perspective thing to people that are used to having a lot of car behind them. xfFires don't. So, even when you back up out of a parking space, your butt is hardly out when you can see well. Just hard to get used too if you have been driving a minivan or a pickup.

As to reliability, The Xfire is a Benz. The important stuff is rugged as h*ll.
Change the oil and feed it good fuel, no worries mate.

You might see a lot of issues here but remember this. First) most of these guys are fanantical about their cars, and second) that's what the forum is for. The combined knowledge of these fools far exceeds the average mechanic at your dealer. Got and issue? Check it out here so the dealer can't give you a line of BS.

And trust me, they will.

The forum guys will razz you but you will get the straight skinny on any issue you have. Sometimes, even about the car.

Now, quit planning and go buy the damm car. It is the best buyer's market it is ever going to be.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 01-19-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
The combined knowledge of these fools
lol, thanks for the laughs Franc Maybe we are really just "idiot savants"