Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by ichon
Carlisle Show
I'm leaving my house Friday morning at 11am and traveling via Route 83 to the hotel with Wyatt and James. We're gonna meet up with David B. at the Burger King off Route 83 near Route 124 (2400 Mt Rose Ave, York, PA). Paul and David E. I sent you a text yesterday but received no reply.

COM Show
PayPal is giving me fits with regards to the registration link for the show. Someone else can take a stab at it if they like. Just email me and I'll provide the pertinent information.

Chas, sorry, been busy. I would like to follow you guys up on 83. I can meet up with you at Shawan Road...I can be at the Park and ride on the west side of 83 or wait along the highway. I imagine if you leave at 11 you should be there around 11:45 or 12. Just text me what time and Ill be there.

Jason if you need help with the bags just give me a shout and I will help put them together. no need to haul all that around.
Paul - shame on you for taking another vacation! Can the water go up the week before and have them hold it somewhere for us so you don't have to make 2 trips that morning?
Please bring some printed sheets of that list as we wont have our computers with us to look at or keep notes.
Just a reminder that at our last meeting at my house we decided everyone would be doing their same duties as last year. If Erin is willing she should be able to handle the water at a tent again. She could probably cover the 50/50 raffle too. I think we should throw a message out on FB that we need some helpers ad see what happens. Dave (senna), thanks for stepping up. It will be good to see you!

See everyone this weekend

Does CICCI have any agenda for the weekend? Is it printed anywhere? No dinner this year-again?

Old 07-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well guys I'm glade I was able to make it to Moparpalooza as that will be my last show in Maryland for some time ... Got the call yesterday ... heading back to GA. Maryland will be missed as I've claimed residency here for almost 3 decades.

Take Care

Old 07-09-2014, 05:31 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stelmos
Chas, sorry, been busy. I would like to follow you guys up on 83. I can meet up with you at Shawan Road...I can be at the Park and ride on the west side of 83 or wait along the highway. I imagine if you leave at 11 you should be there around 11:45 or 12. Just text me what time and Ill be there.

Jason if you need help with the bags just give me a shout and I will help put them together. no need to haul all that around.
Paul - shame on you for taking another vacation! Can the water go up the week before and have them hold it somewhere for us so you don't have to make 2 trips that morning?
Please bring some printed sheets of that list as we wont have our computers with us to look at or keep notes.
Just a reminder that at our last meeting at my house we decided everyone would be doing their same duties as last year. If Erin is willing she should be able to handle the water at a tent again. She could probably cover the 50/50 raffle too. I think we should throw a message out on FB that we need some helpers ad see what happens. Dave (senna), thanks for stepping up. It will be good to see you!

See everyone this weekend

Does CICCI have any agenda for the weekend? Is it printed anywhere? No dinner this year-again?
David. The agenda is on the carlisle thread. I'll email it to you when I get to work. We are doing dinner. It is at Longhorn at 5:30 on friday.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 AM
PNA

Originally Posted by chisler29
Goodie bags....do we have additional items or is it just what I have? I don't want to pile everything in the car if we only have the items I've collected. Much easier to just keep them at the house and Erin and I fill them.
Raffle tickets....pretty sure I still have the roll from last year, I'll check and let you guys know by this weekend. If so we only need to get one roll in a different color.
DJ.....we don't have one, it would be James, but that's a lot of gear to put in the crossfire. Worst case we yell really loud when we give out raffles and awards.

You guys have fun at Carlisle!!
Jason, I have copies of materials from the restaurants that have provided the gift cards for the raffles that should go in the goody bags. I could get them to someone this weekend and / or get them to you later to stuff in the bags when you do them at your house. Let me know how you'd like to handle. Thanks, Paul

I'm still going to try to get the Chrysler dealer to offer up some items as well, but ..........who knows.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 04Fire
Well guys I'm glade I was able to make it to Moparpalooza as that will be my last show in Maryland for some time ... Got the call yesterday ... heading back to GA. Maryland will be missed as I've claimed residency here for almost 3 decades.

Take Care
well... congrats?? have a save trip down there. keep in touch

Old 07-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
Jason, I have copies of materials from the restaurants that have provided the gift cards for the raffles that should go in the goody bags. I could get them to someone this weekend and / or get them to you later to stuff in the bags when you do them at your house. Let me know how you'd like to handle. Thanks, Paul

I'm still going to try to get the Chrysler dealer to offer up some items as well, but ..........who knows.
if you have goody bag items we can still get together on the 20th. I dont know of any locations we can use that are located somewhere in the middle. do you know of any locations we can use?

Old 07-20-2014, 05:10 PM
PNA

Did the Needswings DCAI install today. Absolute pain in the but in my opinion. Way longer than an hour and a half. The biggest issue I had was breaking loose the lower powersteering line. Hard to get to and having to be carful not to mess up the lower line was incredibly hard on mine. I am hoping I didn't damage the lower line connectors. Getting the tubes through the holes by the radiator into the engine compartment wasn't all that easy either. The passenger side wasn't bad but the drive side was challenging. I lost a fair amount of fluid too, so I'll definitely be visiting the store for some fluid as well. It's finally installed, but I'm waiting on a new passenger side elbow (its was damaged at the paint shop) and the new engine cover as well. They are supposed to ship tomorrow After I get those installed, I'll do a final check on the fluid, run the torque test and then hopefully get the retune done this week.

A couple questions. The new cooler line is way less surface area than the OEM. Anyone have any issues with that? Also, my intake seems to sit back further all the way to the firewall, way more than the depiction in their picture. Does anyone have theirs situated that way too? There is no way I see to adjust it differently than it currently sits. Just wondering if that' usual.

Oh well, getting close.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:31 AM
PNA

REMINDER: August 9th Crossfires of Maryland Car Show at Linganore Winery in Mt. Ariy Maryland.

Make sure to attend this year. More raffles and vendors! New wines at the winery. They are also opening a brewery (although it may not be open until September but come see the progress!)

Hope to see any and all regional owners, friends and family there. It's a great venue for everyone. See our flyer or facebook page for details or post with questions.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by PNA
REMINDER: August 9th Crossfires of Maryland Car Show at Linganore Winery in Mt. Ariy Maryland.

Make sure to attend this year. More raffles and vendors! New wines at the winery. They are also opening a brewery (although it may not be open until September but come see the progress!)

Hope to see any and all regional owners, friends and family there. It's a great venue for everyone. See our flyer or facebook page for details or post with questions.
can i come with both my xfires? enter and be judged even if i have the same cars as your club but not affiliated with you?

Old 08-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfireon20z
can i come with both my xfires? enter and be judged even if i have the same cars as your club but not affiliated with you?
You sure can. It's a charity event so the show is open to all makes and models. It's just called the Crossfires of Maryland show because we are the ones hosting it. All cars are welcome to attend and be judged. It will be participant judging, and the club will pick our favorite.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Forum Regular

The dreaded headliner droop has finally arrived At first, I though my hair was sticking up. hahaha

Does anyone have a shop in the DC metro area that they recommend? and how much did you pay?

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What time you all arriving to do the setup on Saturday?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:00 PM
PNA

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
What time you all arriving to do the setup on Saturday?
7:30am at the winery. Looking forward to seeing you.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by chisler29
You sure can. It's a charity event so the show is open to all makes and models. It's just called the Crossfires of Maryland show because we are the ones hosting it. All cars are welcome to attend and be judged. It will be participant judging, and the club will pick our favorite.

ok one more question how many cars do you usually get?

Old 08-06-2014, 05:51 PM

We have had at least 100 at the two previous shows. Hopefully we'll get at least that many this year.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Forum Regular

there is a good mix of things to see. in the past there has been 70 or so cars and trucks from the 40s thru the 80s and the last 20 or so have been more current cars. we had a Ferrari show up last year, and have had a couple high end AMG Mercs. There is something for every one. It is a family friendly event.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Forum Regular

Every year we have ended the car show season with a trip to Kent Island for a dinner on the bay. So lets start planning the process. We can look to find a new place, or go to the Fisherman's Inn.

For me Sepember is booked pretty heavy, so October will be better. There is the car show in Ridgley MD that we need to attend. The people that put this on, attended our show with 10 cars. This might be the last year for the Ridgley show. I'll get the exact date, but in the past its been around the 20th of october.

Last edited by chisler29; 08-19-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Forum Regular

Greetings everyone!

glad the show went well and I was sorry that I couldn't be there. Regarding the Crab Deck.......it was always on the last Saturday in September, which in this case would be the 27th. Or we could do the first Saturday in October which would be the 4th. The sooner we make that decision, the sooner we can give out info to other (new) x-fire owners! Just my .02 cents!

James

Old 08-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Ridgely Show is October 19th (I'm registered). James, are you going to WildThang/Wildwood this year because that's September 26th-27th? If we wait until October for the Crab Deck GTG then we'll miss the "crabbing season" and thus have no crabs to devour. Jason, which September Saturday or Sunday can you free up for the CrabDeck?

Old 08-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Forum Regular

I'm free on September 14 and 21. Every other weekend I'm busy. I'm going to attend the Ridgely show, I've not registered yet, I don't know what car I'm going to drive out there.

Quick Reply: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)