Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by stelmos
Saturday is the 3rd annual Hunt Valley Car Gathering at the Avenus parking lot. its 8-10 and I dont see rain in the forecast so thought I would go - anyone else feel like joining me for some coffee, cars, coffee,?

Second subject - I am registered for Carlisle - went to CICCI site to sign on the list - no list. Not even a mention of Carlisle in 2015 I can find. Whats up with that? Have all the elders moved on? I even checked the calendar as the reminders say to do, and nada, not even listed. ????

Here's the Carlisle link David....Login

If you have your reg #? You're already added it to the list

Old 04-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys I know I haven't stopped by in a while and I see that you're all busy planing the GTG's, but I got an email the other day from a Crossfire owner in VA looking to let their baby go to a new home and thought I'd help them get the word out to those in the area. No pressure but here it is.

Hope the weather warms up a bit more for you guys... it's been between 65-85 for the past few months down here.
Take care.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post834324

Old 05-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Forum Regular

Mason Dixon Dragway May 17th 8am-3pm, Mid Atlantic Mopar Show. The cost to show is $10, to race is $35. Last year all show participants got one free, timed with printed results, run on the track. I plan on arriving between 8 and 830 am. Anyone feel like cruising with the cuda?

Also registration for Moparpalooza is closed. They reached the parking limit with preregistrations. If you want to attend you will be put in a "waiting area". If pre-registered do not show they will then let you into the lot.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chisler29
Mason Dixon Dragway May 17th 8am-3pm, Mid Atlantic Mopar Show. The cost to show is $10, to race is $35. Last year all show participants got one free, timed with printed results, run on the track. I plan on arriving between 8 and 830 am. Anyone feel like cruising with the cuda?

Also registration for Moparpalooza is closed. They reached the parking limit with preregistrations. If you want to attend you will be put in a "waiting area". If pre-registered do not show they will then let you into the lot.
I may be interested you want to run the Cuda next to the crossfire down the track?????
I'm sure Cuda will have a better sound coming out the exhaust

Old 05-06-2015, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by chisler29

If I can find me some slicks within the next week or so I'd be willing to join you on the strip.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Forum Regular

Depending on how its running, but I wouldn't be against letting the cuda go down the track.

you guys know there will be Superbirds running around at this show, you guys may be competing against them.

Although the "Import/Rebadged Chrysler" class will be likely wide open since i'll be in the fish.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:20 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just in case we missed anyone on our email list, I'm posting this info here for others interested to see:

COM Events - Summer 2015:
A quick note because we have a couple new people who contacted me and expressed interest in participating with our Maryland Group. A warm welcome to Ingrid and Robert, both from southern Maryland area (by coincidence). I want to provide them with a quick overview of our current summer plans so they could join the group as they desire. For the newbies, we'll provide the full lowdown at our next event.

Also for the newbies, you may want to join www.crossfireforum.org It's a tremendous resource for all owners. COM has a thread on the forum to follow. Of course we have each other here locally as well for support. You also may want to check out and consider joining Crossfire International Car Club, Inc (CICCI) at www.crossfireinternational.com More on that later. We also have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/crossfires.of.maryland Actually, we may have 2 pages but I'll let someone else add that link.

Quick summary of events for you calendar:
1. June 21 - Kent Island Car Show and Gathering Post Show at Annies Steakhouse on Kent Island. All the info has already been posted on this in previous emails. We have reservations but confirm our numbers 48 hours in advance so if you aren't coming, please let us know. Right now, we have 12 confirmed. Others, please let us know ASAP.

2. July 10-12 - Chrysler National at Carlisle: Here's the thread with all the details on the Forum: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...12-2015-a.html There are about 25 Owners (at this time) going from the east coast. Fun Event. For the newbies, this is fun and a great bonding event with other XFire owners from all over. I believe all COM members are going. We stay at a hotel together under CICCI and have a blast. We park at the event together and have our own tent and awards. If you come this weekend, we can give you the scoop.

3. August 1 - Newly Added: The Annapolis Car Show: TheAnnapolisCarShow.com (443) 693-SHOW Not sure how many are / can go but the details and coordination will follow later.

4. August 8- COM Cruise-In at Linganore Winery and Red Shedman Brewery. This is hosted by COM. Details our on our flyer. We moved from the show format (last 3 years) to a more casual Cruise-In format. Great venue and should be great family event. Beer, wine, food, music, raffle etc.

There will be other things that crop up as well. Likely a visit to the Crab deck in the fall as well. Everything is optional. Looking forward to meeting Ingrid and Robert. I know Ingrid said she's in for the 21st. BTW, the registration for the show is On-site only.

Any questions just let me or anyone in our group know.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:25 AM
PNA

Just a reminder about COM's Cruise-In this coming Saturday (August 8th). Hope to see everyone there. Bring friends, family and other car enthusiast. All makes, models and years!!

Here's a link to the winery / show flyer.

Maryland Winery Events-Charity Cruise In - Linganore Wines

Paul

Old 08-23-2015, 06:43 PM
PNA

Fall COM Events

COM Members and Friends, mark your calendars for September 20 for our annual cruise to the Crab Deck on Kent Island. Approximate time,to be at the Deck will be either 1 or 2 pm. We'll confirm details later. We will also plan to our usual meet up at the wawa to cruise over together.

Most COM members are also planning on going to the Ridgely show on October 3. Details on this later. This is a show and we'll need,to be there early to get good parking.

There are a ton of other events as well. Many have plans to attend some on other weekends. Please provide any info so others can decide if they want to coordinate with with. I may be going to one on September 5th....either one in Pennsylvania or Charlestown WV. If anyone is interested let me know. Both sound really good.

Thanks, Paul

Old 08-24-2015, 12:25 PM
PNA

Crossfires of Maryland : Current Calendar of Events

August: Nothing official planned for the remainder of this month. Members and Friends, please share events you may be considering attending this weekend so others might coordinate with you if they desire.

September 5: NOTE: This is just for info. Not a COM planned attended event. However, I might go.
- Cars at the Park - Lancaster Minor League Team Event. Sounds fun, it's a short show (love that part of it) and you get 2 tickets with your registration to the game that night, and the fireworks. It's from 2 to 5 pm in Lancaster, PA. Top 10 cars drive on the field before the game. If anyone wants to go, let me know.
LINK: Lancaster Barnstormers - The Best Family Fun in Lancaster, PA

September 20: COM EVENT: The CRAB DECK: After polling people, it appears that September 20the is the good with the majority. Here's the plan unless others have additional thoughts:
- 1:00 pm - Meet at the Wawa on Route 50 on the east bound lanes / west side of the bay bridge. We will depart the WaWa promptly at 1:15 and do our cruise over to the Crab Deck for a 1:30pm arrival.
- Wawa 321 Buschs Frontage Rd Annapolis, MD 21409
NOTE: If you aren't meeting us the Wawa, please let us know. The CRAB DECK address is:
- Fisherman's Inn Restaurant (CRAB DECK) 3116 Main St, Grasonville, MD
As of now I'm pretty sure we have the following people confirmed: Jason and Erin; Dave B; David E; Bob, Ingrid, Paul and Kathy, Mike (said you were in on facebook)
Need to confirm: Chas, Wyatt
Not heard from yet: James (hope you are doing OK)

October 3: Ridgely Car Show / COM Planned Participatory Event: Many COM members are planning on going. Jason is our lead contact on this. He is part of their club and will be assisting with the show this year. I believe those interested will plan to meet up at a pre-determined location, cruise into the show are (basically the entire town) and park together for the show. We would plan to arrive early - to secure a good location. Show is 9 to 4pm. Music, etc. Richard Petty will be there again. You can pre-register with the link below. Also, other details are provided. Jason, let us know what details you may have to add. Mostly, we'll need a meet up place and head count. Also, if anyone plans to go and stay overnight in advance, Jason and Chas have a hotel they are using which could be an option for others as well.
Link: Ridgely Pharmacy Car & Motorcycle Show - The Most Action-Packed Car Show on the Shore!

I have nothing else that I know of on the Calendar as "planned". I am looking at planning a Fall Foliage Cruise. Those interested, please let me know. I'll plan accordingly location based on interest and availability. Here's some optional weekends and dates. Let me know of you interest and availability for these dates. If there are other events between now and then people are considering, please let me know and I will update our calendar.

Potential Dates for a Fall Foliage Cruise: Cruise may be to a destination like a winery, brewery, distillery or other venue. Suggestions are welcomed.
- October 17 or 18
- October 24 or 25
- November 7 or 8

Thanks, Paul

Old 10-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rockville Classic Car Show this weekend!

Hello all, just wanted to let you know that the Rockville Antique and Classic Car Show is this Saturday from 11 -3:30.
It's a really fantastic show which has gotten better year by year. If you are interested in going and meeting up please send me a PM and we'll coordinate times.

More information available here: Rockville, MD - Official Website - Antique and Classic Car Show

Old 10-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit

Hello all, just wanted to let you know that the Rockville Antique and Classic Car Show is this Saturday from 11 -3:30.
It's a really fantastic show which has gotten better year by year. If you are interested in going and meeting up please send me a PM and we'll coordinate times.

More information available here: Rockville, MD - Official Website - Antique and Classic Car Show
Sorry Dave will not be able to make it. I'm installing new top on car Saturday.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:34 PM
PNA

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit

Hi Dave. Sorry but I just returned from Chicago and have stuff I need to do. We are having a cruise next Saturday. I posted the details on a thread but would like to email them to you. It's close and we have a great plan and lots of people coming. Can you pm me or send me your email. Hope you can go. Should be fun. Paul31458@gmail.com

Old 11-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Djo

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
Sorry Dave will not be able to make it. I'm installing new top on car Saturday.
If you don't mind me asking did you get your top from Chrysler, think they're giving me the shaft!

Old 11-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Djo
If you don't mind me asking did you get your top from Chrysler, think they're giving me the shaft!
No I Bought top from a vendor in RI.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:04 AM
PNA

Our COM Thread is long in the tooth and stale, so I thought I'd just post the tentative planning discussions for this year. As spring approaches ----------IT"S ALMOST MARCH --- I for one and looking at getting out and enjoying my car again. Anyway, here's the list I posted on our facebook page:

Spring:

Possible GTG tofinalize our plans for 2016 - Targetingmid-March or Mid April

Spring Cruise to AACACar Museum in Pennsylvania - (targeting April 16 -17) - Not much interest has been expressed in thisso it may just be set up off line with the few who might want to go.
This could be a one day event (up and back) oran overnight event. It’s about 100-120miles each way for some of us – less for others. There are hotels, restaurants, otherattractions all very close to the museum. Paula and I will put together a more detailedagenda and options so we can plan accordingly. Here’s the link to the museum again: http://www.aacamuseum.org/

May 15: Mid-Atlantic Mopar Meet at Mason Dixon Drag way - Jason just posted aninvite to Mopars. Link: http://www.masondixondragway.com/Spe...par%20Meet.png

Jason has attended and plans toagain. Lots of fun, race and show cars. We could coordinate a convoy forthose interested. Show cars get a free timed run (weather permitting) andanyone can enter to race. Helmets are required to actually race, but the timedshow car run doesn’t require anything other than you and your car.

May 21, 2016 - Moparpalooza at Dominion Raceway WoodfordVirginia. Anyone interested should chime in and see if they want to coordinate agroup to go to this. I won’t beattending.

Summer

July 15 – 17 -Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle
We spoke in general about this. This is usually attended by between 30 and 50owners. We usually meet up and cruise up together (as available) and stay atthe CICCI host hotel. Same as last year – Hampton Inn

Registration is open for both the event and thehotel. Most go up Friday and leaveSunday. Beyond our events at the CICCItent / show field we usually have a reception, dinner, awards etc.

Here’s the link to info on theCrossfireforum.org thread: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/car-shows/73202-chrysler-national-cicci-founders-meet-carlisle-pa-july-15-17-2016-a.html

August 6th- Crossfires of Maryland Cruise-In for Charity – At the Linganore Wineryand RedShedman Brewery in Mt. Airy. General consensus was no show, just acruise like we held last year.Maybe afew modifications if we can plan / swing them.
Likely just doing a 50/50 raffle like last yearbut I’d like to throw in other raffle items like we did for the show 2 yearsago. I’d like each car owner to offer up one – car related or possiblyrestaurant related. I had 4 of the localestablishments give me complimentary gift cars to raffle off.

Fall

Fall Cruise –Dates to Be Determined but targeting the weekends of October 8, 15, or 29 or Nov 5

Current planning is looking at Cruise to and onSkyline Drive. Due to distance, I expectthis to be an overnight event.

I’ve looked at a few options. My initial thinking is could caravan to FrontRoyal and start our “Cruise” at the entrance of Skyline. Then, cruise with several stops at overlooksetc. – Possibly picnic and / or shorthikes along a 45 mile drive to Skyland Lodge area. There are some really cool overlooks andshort hikes to falls etc. I am investigating. Also – we should plan to take advantage of great options for pictures ofour group and their cars.

We could attempt to make reservations at the Skylandlodge (rooms with views etc. – and a tavern) for the night if people arewilling. Web: http://www.goshenandoah.com/ (Note there are a few otheroptions up on the mountain as well.

We could also do our “cruise” and head to Lurayand do the caverns in the afternoon and stay at a hotel or B&B in that area–and have a club social.

Lot’s more details to try to think through. I’m going to try to coordinate with Amy offline.

October 23rd,Ridgley Car Show – Ridgely Maryland – More details to follow but this is a well-attendedfun show.Great cause.We’ll look to coordinate participation asdetails become available.

Other Options TBD
Mopars at Englishtown....TBD RacewayPark 230 Pension Road Englishtown NJ. Date has not been announced. Usually in August the past years. Verysimilar to the Mason Dixon event, just bigger. About a 3 hour drive. Wecan plan something with the classics if enough crossfires want to attend.

Mopar Classic at Maryland International Raceway 27861 Budds Creek Road Mechanicsville MD. Usually the Saturday of or after Halloween.Show and drag race open to all Chryslers. We can plan something with the classics if enough crossfires want toattend.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Forum Regular

Maybe one of these days i'll try to make it out to one of these events you guys host/attend. I generally have a pretty full schedule myself over the summer with lots of events. Given the nature of my car (and my age - i'm a youngin' in the Crossfire community at the age of 29)I generally attend the more tuner style shows, such as Sumospeed Springfest, Hyperfest, Tuner Evolution, Panda Junction, Import Expo, etc. I'll go to local shows/events too depending on my work schedule and whatnot. In two years of owning my car i've only met one other Crossfire owner in person, and that was completely random at a gas station while coming home from vacation in 2014. Who knows, maybe i'll make a surprise cameo appearance one of these days.

Side note - Once the weather clears up and my car is back on the road I like to attend Cars & Coffee in Dulles Landing every Sunday morning. It might be a little bit of a drive for you MD guys but I'd welcome you to come down and join the fun one morning!

Old 02-25-2016, 12:21 PM
PNA

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
Maybe one of these days i'll try to make it out to one of these events you guys host/attend. I generally have a pretty full schedule myself over the summer with lots of events. Given the nature of my car (and my age - i'm a youngin' in the Crossfire community at the age of 29)I generally attend the more tuner style shows, such as Sumospeed Springfest, Hyperfest, Tuner Evolution, Panda Junction, Import Expo, etc. I'll go to local shows/events too depending on my work schedule and whatnot. In two years of owning my car i've only met one other Crossfire owner in person, and that was completely random at a gas station while coming home from vacation in 2014. Who knows, maybe i'll make a surprise cameo appearance one of these days.

Side note - Once the weather clears up and my car is back on the road I like to attend Cars & Coffee in Dulles Landing every Sunday morning. It might be a little bit of a drive for you MD guys but I'd welcome you to come down and join the fun one morning!

Thanks HOT FIYA

We have a great group and have a lot of fun. I hope you can make it out to one of our gatherings this year.

As far as Cars and Coffees, there are a ton over our way as well. Maybe we can try to pick one centrally located for most of us and hitch up soon.

Keep up the great work on the car.
BTW, we have some young guys in our group as well. Mid 20's to Mid 30's so you won't be along.

Paul

Old 02-27-2016, 01:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
Thanks HOT FIYA

We have a great group and have a lot of fun. I hope you can make it out to one of our gatherings this year.

As far as Cars and Coffees, there are a ton over our way as well. Maybe we can try to pick one centrally located for most of us and hitch up soon.

Keep up the great work on the car.
BTW, we have some young guys in our group as well. Mid 20's to Mid 30's so you won't be along.

Paul
Sounds good. I'll try to link up with you guys at some point this year. My schedule (I'm off Thursdays & Sundays) hinders me from being able to do as much as I'd like given that I work every Saturday. I generally have to schedule vacation time to attend car shows/events. Womp womp womp....

Old 03-12-2016, 09:17 AM

New guy to the crossfire world. Looking for info on how to join the local DMV group. Just picked up an 05 srt6, loving it so far. My name is Doug, by the way.

Quick Reply: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)