CrossfireForum.org

CrossfireForum.org (http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Northeast Forum (http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/northeast-forum/)
-   -   Crossfires of Maryland (COM) (http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/northeast-forum/52415-crossfires-maryland-com.html)

PNA 07-11-2012 10:42 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chisler29 (Post 683370)
I got a call from a lady asking about food vendors at our show. she saw our information on a website and called me. she makes snacks and sweets. everything is made and packaged off site and then sold at the show. she bakes cakes, dips them in chocolate and caramel then puts them on a stick, she also does fruits the same way. she said she is self contained and sets up her canopy and off she goes. she also knows a lady who has a food truck. the other lady does wings, pulled pork and other sandwiches. they usually go to car shows and fairs together. they are both insured up to 1mil each. What do you guys think? just have them pay the entry fee and what they make they keep?

Before we pull any trigger on these vendors, let me check in with the winery first to see if they have a preferred vendor. I think we need to give them first shot.

As far as what you say they offer, sounds good. I'll get back to you soon.

srt6-xfire 07-11-2012 10:48 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
I agree they pay a $15 registration for each tent or vendor. Whoever we get they need to be setup by 9:30 we don't wan't vendors in the way while we are directing cars to park for show.

chisler29 07-11-2012 10:49 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
sounds good. let me know if the winery wants food vendors to pay a fee or something. or maybe the winery would want the food vendors closer to the tasting room. cake on a stick, chicken wings and a bottle on wine.....sounds like a fantastic lunch to me!

chisler29 07-11-2012 10:52 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
i agree about the early set up time. most car shows have the vendors set up an hour before the cars start showing up. so the food vendors need to be there about the same time as us.

ichon 07-11-2012 08:19 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire (Post 683350)
How about 7/21/2012 @ 11:00 A.M. at the Ann's Dairy Creme in the Marley Station Mall parking lot?
There is no better Chilli Cheese Dog around.
Address is
7918 Ritchie Hwy
Glen Burnie, MD


I'm in !!!!!!!!

ichon 07-11-2012 08:21 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chisler29 (Post 683370)
I got a call from a lady asking about food vendors at our show. she saw our information on a website and called me. she makes snacks and sweets. everything is made and packaged off site and then sold at the show. she bakes cakes, dips them in chocolate and caramel then puts them on a stick, she also does fruits the same way. she said she is self contained and sets up her canopy and off she goes. she also knows a lady who has a food truck. the other lady does wings, pulled pork and other sandwiches. they usually go to car shows and fairs together. they are both insured up to 1mil each. What do you guys think? just have them pay the entry fee and what they make they keep?


Excellent idea....I hope they both agree to pay the nominal ($20) registration fee for the event.

PNA 07-11-2012 08:50 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Spoke to Jessica (Marketing Director) at the winery. She sent me a list of potential vendors. I'll forward it later or tomorrow morning. We can choose from these vendors or the ones we have under consideration. The list she sent has a variety of different types of vendors. They have used these so they are familiar with the winery. They are likely going to want an advanced count of expected attendance so they can decide whether it's worth their while to come or not and to be able to plan for how much food to bring / prepare. Rough estimate would be good. If we have 40 cars, 2 persons per car, plus some show visitors, winery visitors etc. I would think a rough number would be 120 people, not all of whom will purchase food. I would hope for more but given we only have about 20 cars register, doubling that in 1 month may be about all we should count on. I'll likely have my full family there and maybe others as well. I may have as many as 8 to 10 myself. My buddy will bring at least 4.

As far as having the vendors pay to set up, up to you guys but we may want to just say, hey, come on and if at the end of the day you are comfortable with a donation of 20 to the rescue, great. See how they fare, at their own choice and risk without obligation.

My buddy with the vettes said he sent his registrations in via web yesterday. Dave, you should have them or see them soon.

Lastly, I was told that Wegmans may offer a donation of water bottles for these events. I'll call them. If I'm lucky, I may get several hundred water bottles with wegmans logo on them for advertising. We may not have to buy any and or buy less on our own so hold off for now.

PNA 07-12-2012 07:48 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Vendor Name
Business Name
Business Address
Email address
Type of Business
Phone
Website
OK, here's the list from the Winery
Food Vendors
Food Vendors
Chuck & Jackie Staley
JB Seafood
8737 Mt. Tabor Road, Middletown, MD 21769
cstaley@jbseafood.com
Seafood/ Pit Beef
301-371-9599
www.jbseafood.com
Eldridge Moses
Uncle Moe's Soul Food
3190 Fairfield Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325
unclemoessoulfood@yahoo.com
Soul Food
717-420-7549
www.unclemoessoulfood.com
Kevin McCormick
Keep it Smokin'
1081 Bramly Drive, Hagerstown, MD 21742
keepitsmokinbbq@yahoo.com
BBQ/sides
240-818-3506
Tamika Wright / Justin Bush
Talk of di Town
4616 Running Deer Way, Bowie, MD 20720
justinbush@talkofditown.com
Jerk
301-807-7421 / 202-681-2874
www.talkofditown.com
Debbie Jackson
Old Timers
5200 Francis Scott Key Highway, Taneytown, MD 21787
no email
Burgers, Hotdogs, Sausage
240-529-2613
John Devore
Meadows Frozen Custard
2401 Whittier Drive, Unit C, Frederick, MD 21702
jdevore22@aol.com
Ice cream
703-967-7564
www.meadowsfrozencustard.com
Barbara Brown
Funnel Cake Fancy
5630 Hartfield Avenue, Suitland, MD 20746
barbara.brown.email@gmail.com
Funnel Cake
301-537-0333
www.eatfunnelcake.com

jediracer 07-12-2012 08:51 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
I submit that we charge vendors $50 to sell at our venue. Knowing and understanding profit margins when it comes to food; I feel this would not be too much to ask. As well as it giving us greater ability to becoming financially stable for other events! Just my .02 cents!!

James

chisler29 07-12-2012 10:00 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
I still havent been contacted directly by the second food vendor. so I say we go with the lady that contacted us. she just makes sweets and snacks, and we can pick one off of the list that Paul posted. Suitland and Bowie would be too far for a food vendor. Sandwiches are usually the most popular things at car shows. since people usually just bring the folding chairs they dont have room for a big plate of food. if they can have a shandwich, burger or hot dog they are good.


Vendors do pay more for a spot at a car show. And they do know this. the only problem is this is our 1st show and we dont know what the turnout will be. we have good buzz and we could get 40+ cars. but we still dont know for sure. Ive been to a couple of "1st annual" shows that very little people showed up for and the food vendors took a big hit. most flyers that ive seen have vendor price usually around double the show field price.

PNA 07-12-2012 10:50 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chisler29 (Post 683557)
I still havent been contacted directly by the second food vendor. so I say we go with the lady that contacted us. she just makes sweets and snacks, and we can pick one off of the list that Paul posted. Suitland and Bowie would be too far for a food vendor. Sandwiches are usually the most popular things at car shows. since people usually just bring the folding chairs they dont have room for a big plate of food. if they can have a shandwich, burger or hot dog they are good.


Vendors do pay more for a spot at a car show. And they do know this. the only problem is this is our 1st show and we dont know what the turnout will be. we have good buzz and we could get 40+ cars. but we still dont know for sure. Ive been to a couple of "1st annual" shows that very little people showed up for and the food vendors took a big hit. most flyers that ive seen have vendor price usually around double the show field price.

My vote is the same as I proposed. Offer it up as an opportunity. It's then their choice and at their own risk. Easier to risk it if there isn't any guaranteed financial cost as a deciding factor. Certainly we can ask for a donation to the club (I'm sure if they do well they will offer something). The one thing we do need is a commitment for them to be a the show. Without that, we need to move on to a different vendor.

srt6-xfire 07-12-2012 02:14 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chisler29 (Post 683557)
I still havent been contacted directly by the second food vendor. so I say we go with the lady that contacted us. she just makes sweets and snacks, and we can pick one off of the list that Paul posted. Suitland and Bowie would be too far for a food vendor. Sandwiches are usually the most popular things at car shows. since people usually just bring the folding chairs they dont have room for a big plate of food. if they can have a shandwich, burger or hot dog they are good.


Vendors do pay more for a spot at a car show. And they do know this. the only problem is this is our 1st show and we dont know what the turnout will be. we have good buzz and we could get 40+ cars. but we still dont know for sure. Ive been to a couple of "1st annual" shows that very little people showed up for and the food vendors took a big hit. most flyers that ive seen have vendor price usually around double the show field price.

Jason I agree with you contact your snack lady then start on the list Paul provided, at least that way we will have a feel for the vendors by 7/21/12 when we have our next meeting. I also think you can tell the vendors they will have to pay a $20.00 fee if 40 cars register for car show, including day of show.
I think one person should be resposible for food vendors just so we don't have too many where they can't make any money and not want to come back next year.
that is my 2 cents.

chisler29 07-12-2012 03:09 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
based on distance and the ease to eat outdoors i say we contact one of these two.

Chuck & Jackie Staley
JB Seafood
8737 Mt. Tabor Road, Middletown, MD 21769
cstaley@jbseafood.com
Seafood/ Pit Beef
301-371-9599
www.jbseafood.com

Debbie Jackson
Old Timers
5200 Francis Scott Key Highway, Taneytown, MD 21787
no email
Burgers, Hotdogs, Sausage
240-529-2613

we let them know that this is our first car show and we cant guarentee the amount of people that show up. we are thinking 40-50 show cars, additional 10-15 that just show up to the winery. ask if they would be interested to set up. Price seems to be anywhere from a side donation to $50. whoever talks to the food vendors can get a feel for them while taking. if they seem really excited to do it we charge them, if the are unsure we ask just for a dontation with the hope of a good turn out and return next year.

I'll contact snack lady and let her know. she contacted us so she has interest.

srt6-xfire 07-13-2012 11:36 AM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chisler29 (Post 683594)
based on distance and the ease to eat outdoors i say we contact one of these two.

Chuck & Jackie Staley
JB Seafood
8737 Mt. Tabor Road, Middletown, MD 21769
cstaley@jbseafood.com
Seafood/ Pit Beef
301-371-9599
www.jbseafood.com

Debbie Jackson
Old Timers
5200 Francis Scott Key Highway, Taneytown, MD 21787
no email
Burgers, Hotdogs, Sausage
240-529-2613

we let them know that this is our first car show and we cant guarentee the amount of people that show up. we are thinking 40-50 show cars, additional 10-15 that just show up to the winery. ask if they would be interested to set up. Price seems to be anywhere from a side donation to $50. whoever talks to the food vendors can get a feel for them while taking. if they seem really excited to do it we charge them, if the are unsure we ask just for a dontation with the hope of a good turn out and return next year.

I'll contact snack lady and let her know. she contacted us so she has interest.

I just spoke with JBseafood looks very promising they will call me back this afternoon with more details and confirmation.

chisler29 07-13-2012 01:11 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Talked to Cindy, the lady with the snacks. She usually give a % of sales to the charity, when she goes to other car shows. I'm fine with this since this is show #1 for us. this would actually allow us to leave more entry fee in the club's account for next year. If JBseafood just wants to give a % to the charity that is fine with me.

srt6-xfire 07-13-2012 04:48 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
We have a food vendor for COM show on 8/11/12, and the winner is....
Chuck & Jackie Staley
JB Seafood

8737 Mt. Tabor Road, Middletown, MD 21769
cstaley@jbseafood.com
Seafood/ Pit Beef
301-371-9599
www.jbseafood.com
They will pay double car registration on the day of show $30.00. I have also e-mailed them a flyer so they can also promote the event, from their location.
Paul if you would be so kind to bring a map of winery to meeting on 7/21/11, so we can draw a spot for the food vendors and rescue tent, and general area where cars will be that wouild be great. I told Chuck from JBseafood that I would e-mail him location at winery where he would be setting up.

PNA 07-13-2012 07:42 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire (Post 683781)
We have a food vendor for COM show on 8/11/12, and the winner is....
Chuck & Jackie Staley
JB Seafood
8737 Mt. Tabor Road, Middletown, MD 21769
cstaley@jbseafood.com
Seafood/ Pit Beef
301-371-9599
www.jbseafood.com
They will pay double car registration on the day of show $30.00. I have also e-mailed them a flyer so they can also promote the event, from their location.
Paul if you would be so kind to bring a map of winery to meeting on 7/21/11, so we can draw a spot for the food vendors and rescue tent, and general area where cars will be that wouild be great. I told Chuck from JBseafood that I would e-mail him location at winery where he would be setting up.

Great Dave. I got your VM. I was in a meeting and couldn't pick up. Sounds like a good choice and it's great they are willing to pay the $30. COM members should all plan on purchasing something from him if possible, even if it's only a drink. We want him to have a good experience. I've worked up a mockup of the show area. I want to clean it up but I think I have a pretty good set up going. I'll share with everyone next week at our meeting --- or possibly earlier. If I get it done this weekend I'll pdf the file and email it out.

We are getting close. Things are falling in place nicely. We just need to make sure we have EVERYTHING covered. I still need to call Wegmans too. I followed up with the 3 Chrysler dealers again by email today. Seems like nobody even wants to respond. It pisses me off that they can't even have the courtesy to shoot back a not thanks. I may walk into their faciliites this weekend and see if I can get a face to face with someone. If not, nothing I can do at this point.

Update: JB Seafood Website: http://jbseafood.com/ YUM

ichon 07-14-2012 12:11 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jediracer (Post 683547)
I submit that we charge vendors $50 to sell at our venue. Knowing and understanding profit margins when it comes to food; I feel this would not be too much to ask. As well as it giving us greater ability to becoming financially stable for other events! Just my .02 cents!!

James


I agree with James.

ichon 07-14-2012 12:15 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PNA (Post 683812)
Great Dave. I got your VM. I was in a meeting and couldn't pick up. Sounds like a good choice and it's great they are willing to pay the $30. COM members should all plan on purchasing something from him if possible, even if it's only a drink. We want him to have a good experience. I've worked up a mockup of the show area. I want to clean it up but I think I have a pretty good set up going. I'll share with everyone next week at our meeting --- or possibly earlier. If I get it done this weekend I'll pdf the file and email it out.

We are getting close. Things are falling in place nicely. We just need to make sure we have EVERYTHING covered. I still need to call Wegmans too. I followed up with the 3 Chrysler dealers again by email today. Seems like nobody even wants to respond. It pisses me off that they can't even have the courtesy to shoot back a not thanks. I may walk into their faciliites this weekend and see if I can get a face to face with someone. If not, nothing I can do at this point.

Update: JB Seafood Website: J.B. Seafood in Frederick, MD (Maryland) - Maryland crabcakes, oysters, shrimp and softshells- Catering/Concession YUM

Great job all. It's coming together nicely. What's up with the July 21st meeting? Who, Where, when, etc.?

PNA 07-14-2012 01:04 PM

Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichon (Post 683923)
Great job all. It's coming together nicely. What's up with the July 21st meeting? Who, Where, when, etc.?


I think you said you were in already. We are planning on meeting at:

7/21/2012 @ 11:00 A.M. at the Ann's Dairy Creme in the Marley Station Mall parking lot?
There is no better Chilli Cheese Dog around.
Address is
7918 Ritchie Hwy
Glen Burnie, MD

I think the intent is to stuff the goody bags, discuss final prep / plans. Make sure all is in order and I expect to eat a great Chilli Chees Dog.:D

By the Way, my Eurocharge Tune is scheduled for Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2