Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Old 01-28-2015, 08:11 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by chisler29
It's time to start thinking about the events we want to attend and plan for the summer.
Let's get a date set for early March for our meeting. We should also start throwing out ideas for cruises and as Jason noted, other events.

So far we only have:
March Planning Meeting - Date TBD
Carlisle in July - 10th - 12th
COM Cruise-In in-- August 8th

April / May - How about a Cruise with Destination? I'll see what I can come up with.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good plans so far.

Dave, ive not heard yet. I will reach out to the guy from the cruise guide that puts it on and see when the date will be.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular

Ok I have spoken to Gerrie, here are the 2 dates in March that we can host COM meeting.
Saturday 3/21/15 or 3/28/15, most votes pick the date.
Please post date that works best for you.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
Ok I have spoken to Gerrie, here are the 2 dates in March that we can host COM meeting.
Doesnt matter to me. Whatever works best for you since youre the host. My parents may be visiting us sometime in March. I think the plan is for them to come out earlier in the month, but will not know until the weather starts to improve.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:50 PM
PNA

As of now, I believe I'm OK with either weekend. Just to pick one, I'll say let's go with the 21st.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 PM

I vote for March 28th. Is COM still interested in hosting the "Friday Night Links Roast" at Carlisle this year?

Old 02-02-2015, 01:16 PM
PNA

Originally Posted by ichon
I vote for March 28th. Is COM still interested in hosting the "Friday Night Links Roast" at Carlisle this year?
We can discuss at our meeting. My recall was we are going to be a "Group" now and not necessarily a "Club" (dues etc under discussion). What that translates into how we operate remains to be seen (basically still planning on doing a lot of things together and coordinating on such this, just as we are now). That being said, I recall us emailing around last year how to manage our remaining club funds and I was pretty sure we were going to disperse somehow to the club -- either a party or some other function. I'm pretty sure at the momemts we discussed this it was for the COM family. We could look to use some of the funds to again host the Friday Night LInks Roast if people would like to. I'd certainly support it. We could also send out a note to all the people coming and see if they'd be up for a small contribution to the effort (we'd coordiinate and do the planning and work though). Since we are back at the Hampton, it would be great to have it again.

As you noted, we should add this and any other items for our Agenda as we prepare for the meeting. Let's start a list.............

1. COM / Friday Night Links Roast at Carlisle
2. Cruise-In Planning Discussion
3. Group or Club Conversation
4. Treasurer Report and Decisions on Use of Funds
5. Cruise Planning and Car Show Planning
6. Other..............

Old 02-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Forum Regular

pretty sure the funds will be tight for the club/group this year. I would have COM suggest a "pot luck" for friday night, with COM members supplying the dogs, sausages and burgers. If people want to take part they bring, buns, sodas, chips, salads, cookies, picnic food. We can have COM suggest that to CICCI and if they approve post it on their FB and forum pages. This will give us a better idea as to the amount of people that want to take part. Right now there only seems to be 11 crossfires and one 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S attenting, that means enough food for 24 people should they all want to take part. I think we planned on 50 or so people two years ago, so i suppose the red dogs will not be part of the menu

if CICCI wants to support the potluck idea we can get a better headcount. if no one posts anything then we just plan on having our own cookout.

we can look into this more next month, but its an idea to get started thinking about.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
We can discuss at our meeting. My recall was we are going to be a "Group" now and not necessarily a "Club" (dues etc under discussion). What that translates into how we operate remains to be seen (basically still planning on doing a lot of things together and coordinating on such this, just as we are now). That being said, I recall us emailing around last year how to manage our remaining club funds and I was pretty sure we were going to disperse somehow to the club -- either a party or some other function. I'm pretty sure at the momemts we discussed this it was for the COM family. We could look to use some of the funds to again host the Friday Night LInks Roast if people would like to. I'd certainly support it. We could also send out a note to all the people coming and see if they'd be up for a small contribution to the effort (we'd coordiinate and do the planning and work though). Since we are back at the Hampton, it would be great to have it again.

As you noted, we should add this and any other items for our Agenda as we prepare for the meeting. Let's start a list.............

1. COM / Friday Night Links Roast at Carlisle
2. Cruise-In Planning Discussion
3. Group or Club Conversation
4. Treasurer Report and Decisions on Use of Funds
5. Cruise Planning and Car Show Planning
6. Other..............

You are correct we were going to disperse funds for a lunch/dinner, if we did NOT have a cruise/show in August.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:31 PM
PNA

You are correct we were going to disperse funds for a lunch/dinner, if we did NOT have a cruise/show in August.

Depending on what our level of support is for the Cruise-In (if we are going to pay for a DJ), then I'm not sure we need any additional funds. I laid out the approach / plan which is really basically a no cost plan for our group. The only real cost might be is if we higher a DJ. If not, we are likely to get away with little if any ancillary costs. So, I believe a lunch / dinner is in our future.............

Old 02-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Forum Regular

Looks like everyone has chimed in on COM March Meeting that is going to.
So with hope of a warmer day and since everyone said they could make either day I'm going with
Saturday 3/28/15 11AM - 3 PM
If meeting is finished early we can go for a cruise, on the back roads of Harford County.
Meet 10:45 AM at WaWa
3530 Conowingo Rd.
Street, MD 21154

See you all then.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Forum Regular

Looks like everyone has chimed in on COM March Meeting that is going to.
So with hope of a warmer day and since everyone said they could make either day I'm going with
Saturday 3/28/15 11AM - 3 PM
If meeting is finished early we can go for a cruise, on the back roads of Harford County.
Meet 10:45 AM at WaWa
3530 Conowingo Rd.
Street, MD 21154

See you all then.
sounds good, see you then.

lets start making plans for the all club breakfast. when and where do we want to meet up? Also who all is going?

I'll be there.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Forum Regular

sounds good, see you then.

lets start making plans for the all club breakfast. when and where do we want to meet up? Also who all is going?

I'll be there.
Count me in.
We can meet at WaWa @ 7:30 - 7:45 AM
601 Hoagie Dr.
Bel Air, MD 21014

From the above address it's about 10 minutes to church

Old 02-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Forum Regular

Count me in.
We can meet at WaWa @ 7:30 - 7:45 AM
601 Hoagie Dr.
Bel Air, MD 21014

From the above address it's about 10 minutes to church
Sounds good, see you then.

Who else? I need to RSVP by 2/15

Old 02-10-2015, 01:32 PM
PNA

Sounds good, see you then.

Who else? I need to RSVP by 2/15
I'm still planning on attending. See you at the WaWa

Old 02-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
I'm still planning on attending. See you at the WaWa
awesome! anyone else?

Old 02-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Forum Regular

It has not been stated but I believe the breakfast is $5 or $10 I can't remember.
It is all home cooked, and very good.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:26 PM

It has not been stated but I believe the breakfast is $5 or $10 I can't remember.
It is all home cooked, and very good.

Where is this breakfast meeting? And which GTG needs RSVP? March 28th meeting is at Dave B.'s at 11am right?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ichon
Where is this breakfast meeting? And which GTG needs RSVP? March 28th meeting is at Dave B.'s at 11am right?
All Clubs breakfast

Baltimore and Southern Pennsylvania Area All Club Breakfast Feb 28, 2015 from 8-11 am Hosted by the Car Show and Cruise Guide Held at 1452 Jarrettsville, Md. 21084 RSVP by 2/17 We invite 2 members from each club or organization to come Dave 410-937-6866 davebielecki@aol.com

We have attended this the past two years and have gotten good interest from the other clubs. I will plan on attending, Dave B. will likely be there since it is in his backyard. Paul can you plan on attending as well please? I'm still not 100% sure what COM will be doing for the summer event. It would be helpfull if the main planner of the august event attends and speaks to the group and is ready to answer questions.

Also we will need fliers. if three of us attend we should all bring 25 flyers each. It isnt a big deal if we end up printing out too many, they will get passed out eventually.

I'll need our headcount by 2/15.

Dave, David and I have been in the past. Seems like Dave B, Paul and I will be attending this year on COM's behalf. If anyone else is attending i need to know before Friday.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:33 PM
PNA

All Clubs breakfast

Baltimore and Southern Pennsylvania Area All Club Breakfast Feb 28, 2015 from 8-11 am Hosted by the Car Show and Cruise Guide Held at 1452 Jarrettsville, Md. 21084 RSVP by 2/17 We invite 2 members from each club or organization to come Dave 410-937-6866 davebielecki@aol.com

We have attended this the past two years and have gotten good interest from the other clubs. I will plan on attending, Dave B. will likely be there since it is in his backyard. Paul can you plan on attending as well please? I'm still not 100% sure what COM will be doing for the summer event. It would be helpfull if the main planner of the august event attends and speaks to the group and is ready to answer questions.

Also we will need fliers. if three of us attend we should all bring 25 flyers each. It isnt a big deal if we end up printing out too many, they will get passed out eventually.

I'll need our headcount by 2/15.

Dave, David and I have been in the past. Seems like Dave B, Paul and I will be attending this year on COM's behalf. If anyone else is attending i need to know before Friday.
Is everything still on for tomorrow? I have 50 flyers printed that I'm bringing. Also, I'm happy to present for COM on what our event will be. I do have one question for our team though. Even though it's not a "Show", we could still pick up a few "basic awards" that the club could issue to our selection of cars that attend the cruise-in. We could do 2, 3, or even more if we want........Example: Best Classic - Pre-80s; Best Imported; Most Unique, Best Modern; etc? I'm thinking just something else that people would like, make them consider attending, staying longer etc. We can chat Saturday, unless others want to chime in. I'm thinking 8 to 15 dollars each type awards. COM logo, Simple plaque, etc.

BTW - No registering..........this is just us walking around looking at cars and us picking a few. We can announce them by Car, Color, etc. Only

See you guys on Saturday Morning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)