Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Any providence / RI members willing to check a car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any providence / RI members willing to check a car?

Hey all. Still on the hunt to find a replacement for my lost crossfire. Found a black SRT online in Providence and was wondering if anyone was in the area to take a peek for me?

Car is located at grassos auto sales
1051 Chalkstone Avenue
Providence, RI 02908

It has limited wheels and looks like the ashtray and headliner may have possible issues from the pics but they are not the best. Car has close to 100k on it so just trying to get a feel if it was cared for or not and what the engine bay looks like (none in the pictures)

Thanks for any help/info!

Old 06-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any providence / RI members willing to check a car?

Hi Airscape sorry i don't live in that area, but i have a question since you owned a corssfire before. I am looking into buying a 2006 chrysler crossfire srt-6, but i most of the research on it is not clear. if found some documents online which say it comes with the supercharger, but on other sites i visit it seems that only the 2004, and 2005 corssfires come with the supercharger in it. Can you tell me if this is true or does the 2006 corsserfire srt-6 also comes with a supercharger. Also when you use your crossfire was it only for going to some places or was it your primary car which you used on a daily bases?

Old 06-23-2014, 04:31 PM

2005 and 2006 are the only years they made the supercharged version of the crossfire which is called the srt6. There is two other version of the car called base and limited models which are the majority of the crossfires you see. The base and limited versions came with the naturally aspirated v6 that puts out 215 hp and the supercharged srt6 which puts out 330 hp. Also they did make srt6's in 2006 but very few were made, so they are very hard to find

Old 06-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SRT area of the forum will have more specifics for the SRT but I can tell you what I know.

First if the crossfire is a true SRT-6 it has a supercharger regardless of year. To be clear though in 2004 there was only one model. It is commonly referred to as a "limited" although that name came around in the 05 model year as there were some changes. In 05 there were 3 models:

The base coupe (stripped down version of the standard 04 model, cloth seats, no fog lights, only black color etc.)
The limited ( basically the same trim as in 04 minus the auto dimming rear mirror)
The SRT-6. This came with the supercharged 3.2l amg engine, larger fixed rear spoiler (aka the whale tail), different wheels, upgraded suspension components and a few other changes inside like different seats)

There were only a hand full of SRTs ever made, if your looking at an 06 SRT it was probably one of the last batch made. I advise looking through the forums and familiarizing yourself with photos of both models. It is veeeerrrryyyy easy to tell the difference once you see both and know what your looking at.

If your browsing ebay and craigslist etc you will most likely run across some limiters or base models sporting SRT or AMG badges, do not be fooled by these. An engine bay picture is worth more than anything in those cases. A supercharger is going to be there on a real SRT.

My crossfire was a daily driver for several years and was used for several road trips as well. It's basically all mercedes components so aside from the few know PITA issues that are documented on this forum these cars should last a long long time.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!

Old 06-23-2014, 09:52 PM

matth189, and Airscape Thanks for the advice info to my question. I did find a guy who was selling a Crossfire SRT-6, but i waited to long and he sold it to another person. I really like the spoiler on the 2006 so I really wanted to buy it. The only other place selling crossfire srt-6 2005. I will keep on looking to see if i can find a 2006, but if i can't i will get the 2005.