Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Ohio Valley "driving" GTG

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ohio Valley "driving" GTG

Tried a couple of Ohio Valley GTG at shows this summer and have had three owners show up for both. Now I am wondering if there is any interest in a driving event before old man winter shows his ugly mug. I suspect that there are quite a few members in the Ohio Valley area that can't make it to the upcoming Tail of the Dragon. We may not have any roads that rival the Dragon but, a Tail of the Squirrel (so to speak) should be possible with the roads in our area. I am suggesting sometime between the Dragon and Halloween on a Saturday or Sunday. We can start in morning, cruise for a couple hours and break for lunch or start around noon cruise for a couple hours and end the event with a group dinner. I am thinking somewhere in the area of southeastern Indiana between Rising Sun and Madison but any and all suggestion are welcome.

Anyone with route or dining suggestion or other ideas in general are welcome. Who wants to drive "The Squirrel"? (OK, even the name is up for discussion)

Old 09-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ohio Valley "driving" GTG

There will be several from around this area at the Dragon. We should get together and plan a event.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Forum Regular

That's an excellent idea, I will be there along with James1549 not sure who else from the area.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in for the Tail of the Squirrel run. I like driving them more than looking at them. I know some good roads in southern Ohio and southeastern Ohio. Not so much in western Ohio though.
I drove scenic route 50/41 from Chillicothe to Aberdeen on the Ohio river yesterday and it was great. Route 62 from the Ohio river to Cynthania, KY was even better! Many turns, perfected sized so that 60-65 mph was a nice challenge.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Forum Regular

Glad your on board boostmonkey, hopefully we can get others on board and get a good conversation going. I know of a couple owner in my area who are not on the forum that will probably be up for this also. Personally I would like to see this become a yearly fall cruise for owners in this area.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you could count me in, Maybe, Depending on when it is. I live in Walton,KY.
Thanks, Ken