Northwest Forum Serving AK, ID, OR, WA.

Idaho, Washington, Oregon...is a calling 2011, 2012...etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idaho, Washington, Oregon...is a calling 2011, 2012...etc.

My name is Kevin Winston. I am a Crossfire owner of late. I bought mine in May 2011, and fell instantly in love with it. I did not realize my wife Rebecca, who rode a Harley, also became intrigued with the Crossfire. So much, that soon she sold the Harley (she drove it daily) to buy the Crossfire. She will receive hers in August of 2011. We bought a 2008 Roadster in WY which of course looks like my 2007 Roadster. Same color but different license plates. Yes, a real him and hers, in our garage.

Ok, we would love to start and build a Crossfire Club of Idaho. We would look for parades around the state, meet in parks, go for weekend drives, or join other groups in Washington or Oregon. I would like to form the club like the Rocky Mountain area of C-I-C-C-I, of Denver. I have seen 6 different Crossfire’s in Boise, but have not been able to find the owners. I leave my business card on windshields and even talked to one couple in a restaurant, not to find anyone interested. I am hoping there is a silent group who are too shy to write but, would love to get together to show off there Crossfire’s. Nothing like being a special part of a small fair in a small town (or large) and get to show off your auto, like groups for Mustangs, MOPAR’s, Old Classics, etc. We do have quite the story to tell.

Being part of Harley Group, they did rides about every 3 to 4 weeks and had fun. They gave their registrations money if they had a meet; to charity. I sure would like to do the same for a Northwest Crossfire Club, but I will start small, just Idaho, first.

In an earlier memo I said I would give it a try, so this is it. I love my car, I love to drive, I would love to mix the 2 together. In the Northwest we have the prettiest landscape with rivers and mountains (like Colorado), so soon we could hold the convention. That’s my dream, with a full 5 day activity agenda. Can you imagine it ….300 Crossfire’s all coming together to talk shop, look kool, and have a beer.

We are so close to Yellowstone (10 hours) what a great place for a summer meet and greet, or even Crater Lake NP. Maybe our first one?

I guess I just need who really reads this from the Northwest to step up and send me your email and ask to volunteer to Join up. I am hoping in 4 to 5 years to retire, and this would be fun to keep up with it. So, from Boise? from Idaho Falls? From Portland?, From Seattle? From Spokane? From anywhere in between, let me know, I will keep you posted with who signs up and wants to drive…with the BEST Car ever made, for fun!

You know me…I’m in the Blue color roadster…no Rebecca’s is too? Mine will be shiner than hers, no she will wash and wax hers first before mine, Look to the license and you will see mine: POPSTOY. (Rebecca still in decision mode on that.)

Old 08-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Idaho, Washington, Oregon...is a calling 2011, 2012...etc.

Congratulations on the second purchase. Awesome color, don't forget to post pictures.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Forum Regular

Coming waiting for the wife to upload....she is very cute in her's!

Kj

Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kevin,

How close are you to Melba, and if close, would you entertain a friend of mine for an hour or so? I've been trying to make him realize what a fine car this is. I'm doing it long distance from Mississippi (we spent much of 20 years in the Navy working together). I think a ride would be all it takes. I was hooked before I ever actually touched one.

Enjoy them!

Michael

Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Forum Regular

Michael, Melba is about 45-60 from Meridain. I could always meet him in Kuna? Let him send an email to me at work kevinwinston@cougarmtn.com and I will be more than happy to shopw off the "toy" , if he wants to see 2 he would have to come to Meridain, unless he wants to buy beer for 2....LOL.

Kj

Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kevin,

Thank you! If Rob is still at all interested, I know he'd be glad to drive to your home or meet you somewhere in Meridian.

We are both entomologists, and he's working on a project in Papua New Guinea, so may be out of country. I'll ping him and see if he wants to check out the car, and when he'll be home. I will follow up with you regardless.

I don't want too many people to know about the Crossfires, but he's one who deserves a chance.

Michael

Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old thread resurrection I know but Sunday is supposed to be sunny and 70, I need to get out for a half day-ish drive somewhere. Anybody interested?

Old 03-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a half day-ish of moving snow off my drive, I was "FIX'N " to get the Crossfire out this weekend but looks like the end of April right now

Old 03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Forum Regular

was home last weeK just to get in a 3 hour drive before...yep you called it Rain for the rest of ther day. But it was 66 degrees sunny for the morning ride, with my Wife....so nice.

KJ

Old 03-31-2012, 09:08 AM

Hey how are you? Well this is my first 05 Crossfire and I'm in Idaho Falls. I've seen at least three or four here in town. Just wanted to say Hi and let you know I'm here. I have been driving mine for about a week now and somebody thought it would be a good idea to back into the right front corner within my first week of owning it. The car shall be fixed next week. Thank goodness this guy is insured.

Paul

Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Forum Regular

Yakima in May would be nice to see Idaho Falls there!

Kj