Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

My Dream Car is now no longer a dream, its in my garage!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My Dream Car is now no longer a dream, its in my garage!

Congrats! Nice, very nice!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks very much. The coolant issue was a bad manifold gasket. The fan was bad wiring to the dash switch. That is fixed. Should have the car back Thursday evening, nice weekend coming up, can't wait!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool car. congrats on picking up the new toy. once the weather gets better we will have to meet up and go cruising. lots of good spots to cruise now that you have the classic.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

we'll definitely have to do Sugarloaf again in the spring. By the way there will be a new Cruise In in Olney starting in April at the New Green Turtle on Saturday evenings. On Friday night starting this spring there is a real popular crusie in in the Laytonsville Shopping center. There is a great pizza place and some times the fire dept sells hamburgers and hot dogs. Burtonsville continues year round but is sparsely attended until April when it warms up. I am hearing we are moving back across the street this year into the new Giant parking lot. I can't wait for spring!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular

that is good news about Burtonsville, i figured it was over since Giant moved across the street. Laurel has a couple of fun little cruises in the summer, and there is a nice big cruise at the Marley Station mall in Glenn Burnie starting in April. the cruise at Laytonsville sounds fun, i'll have to make it to that one and to the new one at Olney a few times.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by patpur
I also found out a few other goodies this weekend.The wheels I thought were American Torque Thurst 2's are actually custom made ET wheels. I spoke to ET (Team 3) yesterday, I wanted to get the offset, bolt pattern etc and they told me those wheels were 510$ each. I may keep them and paint them.
Well with this information, I would keep the wheels and have them powder coated. What color are you having the pipes coated?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

The pipes will be done in silver, almost looks like chrome. I may end up doing that with the wheels as well. I should have the car back the end of the week. I'm gonna enjoy it a bit this weekend, supposed to be in the 50's here and then next week I'll send them out. Takes 10 days, 300 bucks.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 AM

Looking really good! The rear end is most likely a Ford 8.8 they look similar to a 12 bolt chevy

Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Thanks Lantana - the guy that towed it yesterday said to me, looks like a 12 bolt Chevy rear. I thought they used the Mustang 8.8 in these car? ALthough the first one I looked at had a Corvette rear in it. Whatever it is it has a real nice Trick Flow cover on it. I'm gonna have the guy whose working on it verify what it is. I have gotten no specs on the car which pisses me off. I've asked twice and nada. See if I can't light a fire under them this weekend, I was telling the mechanic yesterday that I don't even know how much oil this car takes. He did check out the car and said everything else looks ok to him and pretty much new.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well Pat, I couldn't be more happy for you. You'll always be a XF guy at heart. Thanks for all the support and activity here on the forum. I'll definitely come by soon and have a look. I want a damn ride too btw :P

Old 03-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Dave whenever you are ready just stop by. The side pipes are at the ceramic coater. Probably take a few weeks to get them back. Driving me crazy I can't drive the car. I still have things to do so hopefully the down time will go quickly and the weather will cooperate when I get the pipes back on.

3/18/2011 - Just wanted to update the thread and I didn't want to cut in on the Supercuda dsicussion. Well I'm a day away (I hope) from putting the car back on the road. In the three weeks its been in the garage I have replaced the seat belts and harnesses with new Black Simpsons, removed a bunch of Shelby American badges that don't belong on a Factory 5 car and had the side pipes ceramic coated (silver/chrome). They will be back in the morning and back on the car tomorrow afternoon. I also replaced all the body mounting bolts on the car so they match. Things left to do, wheels, heater, seat heaters, move the battery to the trunk with the cutoff switch, replace the yellow spark plug wires with a blue set, stripes and I'm sure that by the time that's done I'll be wanting to put a bigger engine in it. The cool thing about a Factory 5 is you call on Monday morning and by Wednesday you have the parts, great company, excellent customer service!
Pics to follow tomorrow.

Last edited by patpur; 03-18-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Well about this time three years ago decided to switch gears, traded the Crossfire and bought a Factory 5 Cobra. First of all I hope you guys are all doing well. Anyway spent quite a few dollars upgrading the Cobra and I am nowhere done yet. New dash with Smith's electric gauges, new wheels, tonneau etc. etc.. The car is a blast to drive. So here's an updated picture and I wish all of you a happy and safe holiday season!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0335.jpg (1.58 MB, 44 views)
Old 11-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Absolutely SWEET! Did you do the kit and build her yourself?

Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 PM

Well about this time three years ago decided to switch gears, traded the Crossfire and bought a Factory 5 Cobra. First of all I hope you guys are all doing well. Anyway spent quite a few dollars upgrading the Cobra and I am nowhere done yet. New dash with Smith's electric gauges, new wheels, tonneau etc. etc.. The car is a blast to drive. So here's an updated picture and I wish all of you a happy and safe holiday season!
Wow Pat, it's hard believe it's been three years! Your Cobra looks awesome! Post up more photos.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the post Pat, but of course i know it looks even better in person. Have a great holiday and let's catch up soon.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The Cobra is stunning. Post up some video links if you have any.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Wishing you a Happy holiday season Pat
The car looks great !!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0335.jpg (183.8 KB, 116 views)
Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 PM

Looking good Pat, nice hearing from you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 AM
Forum Regular

Awesome job! Car is stunning and congratulations!

Old 11-27-2013, 08:08 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love it when you bought it. Love it more now. Happy Thanksgiving to you too Pat.

Quick Reply: My Dream Car is now no longer a dream, its in my garage!