Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

1989 Chrysler Chrysler TC by Maserati TC

Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Chrysler Chrysler TC by Maserati TC

I have seen them before-along long time ago....kinda of reminds me of the Crossfire - most people have never heard or seen them and there harder and harder to find with low miles-lol its on e-bay. what started this is today I was talking to a gent that was driving his C/F and ask'd if he was going to the dragon next weekend, He said NO - he was going to the Albuquerque N.M. Ballon festival and some how we got about talking about his T C and so I had to remind my self that it wasn't a Lebarron....and it was made up from like 5 different country's -well anyway here is one on e-bay with less than 8k miles
Chrysler : Chrysler TC by Maserati | eBay

Old 09-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 1989 Chrysler Chrysler TC by Maserati TC

Well it was definitely the "high water mark" for the K-Car platform....that's for sure.
Actually, I always kind of liked them. Probably because I liked the idea of removing about a foot of the wheelbase and making a two seater out of a car that originally came with a back seat.
Well that, and I'm a sucker for a porthole window.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Well it was definitely the "high water mark" for the K-Car platform....that's for sure.
Actually, I always kind of liked them. Probably because I liked the idea of removing about a foot of the wheelbase and making a two seater out of a car that originally came with a back seat.
Well that, and I'm a sucker for a porthole window.
+fireamx
There were 3 or 4 at Carlisle this year, parked in our area of the show field. They were definitely over priced, in the $30's vs. the cheaper, but loaded LeBaron at $22-23K. It was definitely upscale, when compared to the LeBaron verts.
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 09-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMenace
+fireamx
There were 3 or 4 at Carlisle this year, parked in our area of the show field. They were definitely over priced, in the $30's vs. the cheaper, but loaded LeBaron at $22-23K. It was definitely upscale, when compared to the LeBaron verts.
Dennis
DTMenace
That was, IMHO, a major factor in their downfall - they looked too much like the LeBaron even though they actually shared very little with each other. Sure, the basic platform was the same, but the engines were different enough and none of the body panels are actually interchangeable. If you're going to make a "halo" car on the same platform as a major seller, don't make it look like that major seller for goodness sake! If it's going to be different, make it different. It's a much nicer car than most people think, because most people think it really is nothing more than a shortened LeBaron.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
That was, IMHO, a major factor in their downfall - they looked too much like the LeBaron even though they actually shared very little with each other. Sure, the basic platform was the same, but the engines were different enough and none of the body panels are actually interchangeable. If you're going to make a "halo" car on the same platform as a major seller, don't make it look like that major seller for goodness sake! If it's going to be different, make it different. It's a much nicer car than most people think, because most people think it really is nothing more than a shortened LeBaron.
i agree, mike. it's basically put together in italy. the drivetrain is superior (my opinion), but it still looks like a lebaron. a front wheel drive chrysler lebaron. no thanks.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:23 PM

If you want a Maserati engined vehicle, maybe one of these might be nice.

I think they were sold in the US
Terry

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Citroen_SM.jpg (36.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieXFire
If you want a Maserati engined vehicle, maybe one of these might be nice. I think they were sold in the US
Terry
Last time I saw one....

The Longest yard car chase - YouTube

Old 10-10-2011, 09:19 PM

The worn shiney steering wheel and the driver's seat look like much more than 8K.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 PM

I had a turbo Lebaron, loved it. I love the look of this car too, wish I had one...20 years ago.