Other Vehicles The place to talk about watercraft, boats, trains, planes and anything with an engine that isn't a car.

Help!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

Thought you guy's could help, My buddy has 97 saturn sl when shifting into 4 gear it has a slight hesitation. Thought it could be low trany fluid.....but could it be a failing pressure solenoid? what do you think. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Help!

I don't mean for this to come across as rude. But, it's an 11 year old Saturn. THAT's the problem.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 AM

No doubt, He doesnt really have the money to buy a crossfire...but any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by N.Y.XFIRE
Thought you guy's could help, My buddy has 97 saturn sl when shifting into 4 gear it has a slight hesitation. Thought it could be low trany fluid.....but could it be a failing pressure solenoid? what do you think. Thanks in advance for your help.
My GF had the same car except it was a 2000 or 01. It developed the same sort of problem where it had some harshness when shifting into 4th and it would hesitate and the revs would go up then it would engage right. I noticed it when I was driving it around and it annoyed me.

My GF told me it had been doing that for about 40,000 miles (she had a little over 80,000 on it) and she had gotten used to it. So I guess its nothing serious. I don't like saturns from those years, the made them out of plastic for god sake! I had her get rid of it and trade it in for a Honda Accord Coupe last year, problem solved.

When she had it though I was worried that the tranny would go out soon but apparently it's normal for these saturns since hers did that for quite some time.